Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger

Want the latest news on the most popular "Gal Reporter Extraordinaire"? Hurry up and join http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Loisfans/ for everything Lois Lane!
Top Banana
Top Banana
Thanks, Ficassidy!!

I LOVE this poster. In fact, I'm trying to see how I can make it small enough to use as my avatar. Just the Clark flying part, not the entire thing. Sadly, I don't have any photo/image editing software fancy enough. I need to download something or break down and buy it.

In the meantime, I now have a new desktop image smile smile smile

Thanks!
Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
Merriwether
Merriwether
Poor poor Erica. She goes from Chris Judge to... that. Ew. /me ducks and runs. wink

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Top Banana
Top Banana
I may start watching Smallville again. I got bored with it last year because there was too much teen angst, with Lana. I get enough of that in my own real life. wink

Julie smile

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
Top Banana
Top Banana
And...as promised, a new avatar!!

Gosh, he's pretty!

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
Thanks you guys!

Here's more:

[Linked Image]

http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/reviews/2004-08-26-smallville_x.htm

'Smallville' will refocus and try to fly
By Gary Levin, USA TODAY
Wednesdays, 8 p.m. ET/PT (Sept. 22)
The teen-Superman saga has had its ups and downs, but in its third season last year, a big chunk of Kryptonite seemed to sap the show's energy.

Back to school: Tom Welling as Clark Kent and Erica Durance as Lois Lane.
The WB

Though Smallville was never a "yuk fest," executive producer Al Gough saw problems in January, and so did viewers. Ratings fell 25%, in part from the show's move to Wednesday, and the Clark-Lana relationship had "gotten stale," he says. A considerable comedown for a show that rocketed to success in 2001 and for a time eclipsed 7th Heaven as WB's most-watched series.

"We probably went a little darker than we wanted to go and got a little too mythology-heavy," he says. "They were hanging out too much in secret labs, and that's not any fun. Why the hell would teenagers want to watch this show anymore?"

This fall, they may have another reason: Gough promises a return to the show's roots as a teen drama that explores the final year of high school for young Clark Kent (Tom Welling).

The season premiere introduces Superman fixture Lois Lane (Erica Durance), who journeys to Smallville to investigate her cousin's death. It adds a potential forbidden-love interest for Lana in assistant coach Jason Teague (Jensen Ackles), who first meets her in Paris.

And in a big (if temporary) departure from its "no flights, no tights" rule, this Superman will fly in the season opener. Gough says the script provides a loophole because Clark has been "reprogrammed" as Kryptonian alter-ego Kal-El. "He can only do it once; by the end of the episode, he can't do it anymore."

Want the latest news on the most popular "Gal Reporter Extraordinaire"? Hurry up and join http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Loisfans/ for everything Lois Lane!
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally posted by Karen:
Poor poor Erica. She goes from Chris Judge to... that. Ew. /me ducks and runs. wink
LOL, Karen! I did see Erica Durance on the last SG-1. From what I can tell, she'll make a great Lois Lane. Might actually enjoy the next season of Smallville, now that Lana's gone and a decent Lois Lane has taken her place. smile

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
Erica did good in SG-1 but her role is totally not Lois at all. At least I know she can act. Someone else saw her in Andromeda and said that she can play a feisty female.

Merriwether
Merriwether
So they've finally gotten him up to his last year of high school, huh? About time their ages caught up to their behavior a little bit. Could never figure out how all these 14-15 year olds were driving all over the place. wink (Though we still have the mystery of how the Kents are able to get car insurance at all, given how many trucks Clark has totalled in his young driving career. <vbg>)

I'm looking forward to this next season, too. I hope this Clark and Lois have some dynamite chemistry. I've seen interviews where TPTB have said things are going to be more "fun" now, with Lois and Clark bantering back and forth. Since I agreed that the show had gotten kind of dark (though personally, I really liked the mythic cave-pictures storyline from season before last), hearing that it's supposed to be more fun will get me watching again.

Kathy

E
Columnist
Columnist
E
Could never figure out how all these 14-15 year olds were driving all over the place.
In some rural states, kids can get learner's permits at 15 and drive tractors on farms under an adult's supervision, but only on farms, not on the freeways as the kids were doing in Smallville. At least some of them should've been caught for underage driving.

Though we still have the mystery of how the Kents are able to get car insurance at all, given how many trucks Clark has totalled in his young driving career. <vbg>
That is a really good question. Maybe Luthor Corp owns one of the insurance companies, in which case they shouldn't have insurance at all now, considering that Lex has gone over to the dark side.

I believe there's a hero in all of us that keeps us honest, gives us strength, makes us noble, and finally allows us to die with pride, even though sometimes we have to be steady and give up the thing we want the most. Even our dreams. -- Aunt May, Spider-Man 2
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I'm not a Smallville watcher myself, but I just had to comment: That's a strangely androgenous picture of the dude that plays Clark!

But! I really like the caption: "It was only a matter of time until... Lois." wink

--WD

"He's a man. I'm a woman. Do you want me to draw you a diagram?" -Lois Lane, I've Got a Crush on You.
Top Banana
Top Banana
"We probably went a little darker than we wanted to go and got a little too mythology-heavy,"
I do realize it's just me, but I really liked dark and mythology heavy, secret labs and all!

Ah well. That have me, I'll watch.

And, ficassidy, thank you!!

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
Top Banana
Top Banana
It's not just you, CC. In fact, if it weren't for the dark and all mythology stuff, I probably wouldn't have become such a fan. If you take out that stuff, you end up with Dawson on a farm, lifting heavy stuff. Far too much teenage drama for me.

This year, I'm crossing my fingers that the teenage drama stuff they've mentioned that they will explore will be something deeper than "how can Clark disappoint Lana this week?" Otherwise, I'm kinda scared that I'll be missing the dark big time...

Lynn

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard