Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#200675 08/24/04 02:17 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I've found a new personality test online that I thought was pretty fun to take -- and according to them, I could have a very successful career as a supervillian! goofy

On a more serious note, it seemed to be based on the Meyers-Briggs scale (just with wackier questions), and I got the same results that I've gotten on M-B tests before.

http://personality.swirve.com/

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#200676 08/24/04 02:26 PM
E
Columnist
Columnist
E
I was a counselor, which also reflects what I usually get on Myers-Briggs tests.

The Counselor

Click Lisa to Get Your Swirvology Analysis
Counselors are both rare and unique. You have a deep understanding of others and can read people as well as anyone. Sometimes, you're not even sure how you do it. You're almost psychic! Your ability to understand what others are going through makes you a trusted friend and the person that people love to confide in when things aren't well. Your friends consider you a very important part of their lives.

While others are more than willing to open up to you, you're not quite so outgoing about your own life, and oftentimes, you may not even want to hear about others'. You are an incredibly emotional person -- Counselors are maybe the most emotional of the bunch -- and hearing about others in pain causes you pain. For that reason, you can at times shy away from contact and interaction to maintain your own stability.

When at your best, you can make a huge impact in people's lives by supporting them through tough times. You also tend to be influential with your friends because of perceived depth of your understanding of others. If you're in need of money, feel free to use your near-psychic abilities to start a 1-800 Psychic Hotline.

Possible Careers: Therapist, Tutor

Lisa says...

You are quietly forceful, original, and sensitive. You tend to stick to things until they are done. You are extremely perceptive about people, and you care a great deal for those around you. You have a well-developed value system which you follow very strictly.

People value your perseverence in always doing the right thing. You prefer to be an individual, rather than a leader or follower. I really have no response other than to say that you may very well be the next messiah. Quick -- see if you can turn that water into wine!

Possible Career: Fortune Teller

I believe there's a hero in all of us that keeps us honest, gives us strength, makes us noble, and finally allows us to die with pride, even though sometimes we have to be steady and give up the thing we want the most. Even our dreams. -- Aunt May, Spider-Man 2
#200677 08/24/04 03:15 PM
Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
I am a promoter. Weird, that isn't at all what I tested before in Meyers-Briggs tests. I am pretty much 50/50 extrovert/introvert -- surprising given that I was a severe introvert when I was a kid. I always thought I was a lot more judgemental than perceptive, too, but apparently not. I am also a sensitive feeler, but again it is pretty much in the middle and it doesn't seem right to me.

However, I kind of like the description, and it is kind of like me. I've always aspired to be an evil dictator.

The Promoter

A Puppet Master. That's what you are, or can be if you wish. As a Promoter, you have the natural ability to manipulate people. The possibilities are just rushing into that little head of yours now, aren't they? The rest of us really hope you're a good person, because you can be very evil if you want.

Promoters are all about action. You're able to make things happen the way you want them to. Confident and very skilled socially, you're able to turn people into putty in your hands. You love to debate and argue -- and you're very good at it, even when the facts are against you. Others envy you and wish they could do the things you can, so be proud and be a role model.

The flipside of being exciting and powerful is that you'll be distrusted and avoided. People don't like to be threatened, and those that know how powerful you can be will simply stay away. Ahh, don't worry about it -- there are plenty of others to feed off of!

Possible Careers: Salesman, Politician

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
#200678 08/24/04 05:50 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Good gosh that's dead on.

The Composer

First off, let's clear something up: being a Composer does not mean you're musically inclined. You may very well be -- and many musicians fit this personality -- but the key to the Composer is your artistic nature. Many of you love the fine-arts in some way, but all of you have an intense sense for grace and harmony.

The senses are very important to you. To you, things are more than just the sum of their parts. You so value how taste, sight, sound, touch, and smell all work together to create something bigger. The details are important, but it's the big picture that makes it all worth it.

All of this simply makes you weird, or "eccentric" depending on who you're talking to. Not that this is a bad thing -- you are unique. You have character. Just don't waste it by becoming an investment banker or anything like that. You may not have a lot of money, but you'll have your happiness.

Possible Careers: Novelist, Painter

Look's like I don't have to change careers LOL. Not that I would, of course, but you know.

JD
Proud to be a weird artist smile

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#200679 08/24/04 09:11 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
I'm a protector apparently. I was crushed when I read what that was. ACK.

It said I was a cold hearted person or something. (That was the part where I went grr. Well I did that a few times.) rotflol

It was fun. I always wonder what these things will tell me! laugh

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
#200680 08/24/04 11:23 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seems I'm a crafter.

"If all the world's a stage, you're the one running the spotlight. You're fundamentally good with tools -- not necessarily just hammers and screwdrivers, but anything requiring manipulation, whether it be musical instruments, weapons, or a jet airplane. Others only dream of being capable of doing what comes so fluidly to you.

Sometimes aloof and a bit solitary, Crafters can be impatient at times with others. Quiet by nature, you may not always approach others. When you do, though, you can be a bit demanding when directing others to do things. This annoys others, but also makes you good at getting things accomplished. Sometimes a little push is necessary, and not everyone is capable of making it happen.

People will learn to stay away from you when you're busy doing something. You probably have a reputation for getting quite annoyed when interrupted from your work. Enjoy this and use your temperment to your advantage to get your way more often."

Possible career: surgeon or carpenter.

Lisa says

You're quiet and reserved. However, you are known to sometimes be a risk-taker, enjoying extreme sports. You are interested in mechanical things, particularly how and why things work. You are considered detached and analytical, seeking enjoyment from finding solutions to practical problems.

You are loyal to your peers and their value systems, but you aren't overly concerned with respecting laws and rules if they get in the way of getting stuff done.

Possible Career: Underwater Basketweaver

Carole smile1

PS: I must admit I was quite bothered with the political questions, a bit too curious and oriented to my taste. Others mentionned things I've never heard about or couldn't quite place, so I virtually flipped a coin for the answer. all in all, that was fun. Thanks Pam! I needed the break!

#200681 08/25/04 12:17 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Just out of curiosity - what's a Meyers-Briggs test?

LabRat [Linked Image]

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#200682 08/25/04 01:43 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ARCHITECT???? ARCHITECT???? Put my butt right up there with Mike Brady,...dang. Logical and analytical, maybe, but I couldn't build a bird house.

EDIT: Okay I get it now that I've read it all the way through, yeah this is me.

"Question Everything." If that isn't already your motto, you might want to consider adopting it. As an Architect, you excel at analyzing situations and understanding things. You have a tendency to focus on the here and now -- the world is yours to mold as you wish. You love to design and redesign and redesign yet again. It's truly fun for you, which makes the rest of us vomit.

As a relatively bright person, hypocrisy and ignorance annoy you. You consider yourself reasonable, and when idiots make silly statements, it just pisses you off . You should calm down a bit, or you might say something very rude. Funny to the rest of us, the target of your attack may not be thrilled. Then again, who cares what the idiots think?!

In the end, the world is what you make of it. Your personality can be an acquired taste for some, and first impressions make not be your strong point. But if someone can speak to you reasonably and keep you in reality, they might get to know the incredible person within.

TEEEEEEEJ

#200683 08/25/04 02:01 AM
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
A Composer waves hi wave

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
#200684 08/25/04 03:32 AM
neo Offline
Blogger
Blogger
Hello,
Well it seems to be that I'm a champion. Whao cool, be ready for Pekin 2008 ( who knows ???)

The Champion

A Champion -- sounds pretty cool, right? Well, it is. Champions are at the forefront of every major change in society, and that's a pretty slick place to be. You generally want to be involved in things. Whatever's going on, you probably want to be a part of it. To you, life is exciting and the possibilities are endless. If you don't think so, you should -- because a person like you can accomplish anything.

Emotion is a big part of your life. People consider you to be intense, or at the extreme, obsessive. You truly want to be independent and strong, and when you're not, you can get quite upset with yourself. That's OK, though. Everyone is entitled to some self-torture now and then.

It's not easy to try to do everything at once, though. Makes you wish you lived on a planet with 30 hours a day, in a body that only needed four hours of sleep to get by. That's great and all to hope for, but it isn't going to happen. Instead, just chill out sometimes. Don't worry, be happy.

Possible Careers: Journalist ( with CK maybe?), Public Speaker.

Well Lisa says
People hate you ( Geez thanks wallbash ). Oh, they may act like they love and adore you, but they don't. No one likes the person that can do anything and everything. Good at basketball? Great. Mastered underwater basketweaving in two hours? Excellent. Never had a zit? Bite me.

Just remember that when you're holding your trophy, or the picture of yourself on the cover of a magazine, people below you get to feel the real emotions of love and happiness without wondering if it's because of the money they have.

Lucie.

#200685 08/25/04 06:31 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Reasonably accurate...

The Protector

You're a cold-hearted [bleep], plain-and-simple. You always jump into everyone elses' lives and try to "save" them, whatever that means. OK, that's not true at all, but that is how many others see Protectors. Sucks, but true.

First off, you're not at all cold-hearted. Sure, you're not the most outgoing of people, but those close to you know a much more outgoing, fun side of you. You also don't try to "save" people. You just worry about others and want to make sure people are taken care of. You're big on safety and security. It would be nice to get more credit for the good you do, but you know there's more to it than the attention and glory.

You're big on work -- hard work and commitment. Understandable, given that taking care of people is not something to be taken lightly. Others might see you as a bit of a bore though. I say screw them. You know what's important, and you should stick to it. Just don't judge others for not having that same ethic.. it's not a common thing, and you'll be happier if you accept that flaw in others.

Possible Careers: Doctor, Insurance Agent, Conservationist

Lisa says...

Wow, what the [bleep] is going on? You're quiet, kind, and conscientious... maybe that's 'cuz you're LAME. Get off your [bleep] and start doing things for you. It's great to go and put the needs of others before your own, but ten bucks says you get [bleep]with the tag-line "take one for the team" on a regular basis.

You're stable and practical, too. I'm sure that makes you a big hit at the Friday night bingo games. Woo-hoo! You also have a well-developed sense of space and function. I'm not sure what that means, but I'll venture to guess that it supports the fact that you're a loser. Here's a piece of advice.. go out, have some fun, flip someone off, and steal a cookie from the grocery store. You'll feel better.

Possible Career: Superhero

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
#200686 08/25/04 07:40 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
LabRat, I googled "Meyers-Briggs" and came up with http://www.discoveryourpersonality.com/MBTI.html And apparently I spelled it wrong; that site has it as "Myers-Briggs" smile

I'm a Mastermind.

You're probably best known for your intellect and logical reasoning abilities. You are not the jolly social one. In school, you were considered either the "Most Likely to Succeed" or the "Class Geek". Whereas others prefer simple action games, you prefer strategy and thought. Your mind runs a little fast than most people's, and you'll often find yourself thinking a few steps ahead of everyone else.

Very confident in yourself, you have the potential to be a strong leader. However, you might often just sit and wait for other leaders to screw up. At that point, you take over with a definite goal in mind and make things happen. You're capable of making quick decisions and understanding the rationale behind them.

People hate you. Yes, you heard me right. Being a Mastermind means you're pretty damn smart, and filled with potential. It also probably means others feel inferior to you at times, and that creates resentment. Many Masterminds have a tendency towards arrogance and self-centeredness. That egotism is a turn-off with the opposite sex. Oh well. You have lots of good in you, but no one's perfect. Deal with it.

Possible Careers: Computer Programmer, Lifetime Student

And Lisa says...

Well, helloooo, Mr. Burns. Read much of the Third Reich lately? Okay, that was a cheap shot, but you have to admit, you are a weirdo. You value knowledge, competence and structure ... whatever. You are independent, analytical, and determined. Deriving meaning from your visions is what drives you.

You set extremely high standards for yourself and others. You are a natural leader and have the ability to turn theories into solid plans. You know, Napoleon was said to be like this, and we all know what happened to him. Vive le' Resistance!

Possible Career: Super Villian

So flattering goofy Reasonably accurate, too. Except for the part about people hating me. Nobody hates me. Right? Right?? Don't make me get out the Kryptonite...

Oh, and if anyone wants to see how compatible with me they are <g> the e-mail I used on that site is "jernigan@nc.rr.com"

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#200687 08/25/04 09:56 AM
neo Offline
Blogger
Blogger
Hey Pam,

I'm proud we have 74% compatibility : " Yeah, you two could definitely hang out, have a drink, and trash talk about people not in the room.. "

What a team ! A journalist and a super villain working side by side. thumbsup

Lucie

The email I used is lucie_desage@yahoo.fr, if anyone is interested.

Bye

#200688 08/25/04 11:49 AM
E
Columnist
Columnist
E
Just out of curiosity - what's a Meyers-Briggs test?
It's a common personality test people in the US take when trying to decide what type of job they want. Unfortunately, unless you're a college student and can get a discount through your school, they can be expensive.

I believe there's a hero in all of us that keeps us honest, gives us strength, makes us noble, and finally allows us to die with pride, even though sometimes we have to be steady and give up the thing we want the most. Even our dreams. -- Aunt May, Spider-Man 2
#200689 08/25/04 12:26 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
" Yeah, you two could definitely hang out, have a drink, and trash talk about people not in the room.. "
Sounds like a great idea, Lucie -- I'm buying! <g>

PJ

"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#200690 08/25/04 03:53 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Pam and Lucie, in that order...

Hell, it couldn't hurt hanging out together.
<g> As long as I watch for those ficuses.

Yeah, you two could definitely hang out, have a drink, and trash talk about people not in the room.
Sounds good to me!

Edit:
Heh, Raquel and myself. Why does that not surprise me; my best friend is studying to be a teacher.

This one's a keeper. People probably refer to the two of you in one breath -- "Oh hey, there's Joe and Jason or Jan or Jim or Janet or ..."
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#200691 08/25/04 08:46 PM
neo Offline
Blogger
Blogger
Well Pam, thank you

I just have to book a plane ticket. I'll be there when my studies will be finished (about 3 months!) and then I have to find a job.

Lucie

#200692 08/26/04 12:52 AM
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
My compatibility with you:

Pam: 64% "Hell, it couldn't hurt hanging out together."

Lucie: 66% "Hell, it couldn't hurt hanging out together."

Jen: 78% "Yeah, you two could definitely hang out, have a drink, and trash talk about people not in the room."

The eddress I've used is abotsakou@in.gr

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
#200693 08/26/04 03:35 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
James & Pam 73% compatible

I find it funny that Pam could be a Super-Villian and I could be a Super-Hero and yet we are 73% compatable...hmmmm

James

#200694 08/26/04 03:42 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
How Do you answer these questions?

37. At school or work, do you (A) act like a schmuck or (B) act like a kiss-*** ?

39. Do you obey the voices in your head? (A) Yes or (B) No

The above two are lose-lose situations. It's like the question. "Have you stopped beating your wife?"

Personally, I answered 37. A and 39. B.

Then there is this one....

49. Would you rather (A) run through the mall naked or (B) be trapped in a small box with no light?

That is noooo contest. I am a die-hard claustrophobic <sp>.

And last but not least...

59. Do you think Tom Green is funny? (A) Yes or (B) No

Who is this person?

James

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard