Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
Hello everyone! I'm a newbie here and I absolutely love LOIS and CLARK!

Anyways I know that most of you have heard of the news that Lois will appear in SV. I know that their Lois and Clark may or may nor surpass our favorite Teri and Dean but I think that we should watch to support the Lois character. Smallville had built a lot of anti-Lois sentiments out there and I'm worried that if ratings go down, they will blame it on Lois.

Here are some articles that I found. Please tell the other LnC fans that you know to watch Smallville.Clana and Chlois fans are throwing a hissy fit and are not going to watch. They want the show to have very low ratings because they believe that they(Clana, Chlark) are the reasons why the show is doing well. I'm worried about that so I want to reach out to many Lois friendly fans to tune in.
>
>
> "Smallville Population Grows By Two
>
> Miles Millar, executive producer of The WB's
> teen-Superman TV series Smallville, told SCI FI Wire
> that the producers wanted to bring in new faces for
> the upcoming season as alternative love interests
> for Clark (Tom Welling) and Lana (Kristin Kreuk).
> "We were getting tired of the Clark/Lana
> relationship," Millar said in an interview during
> The WB's fall press preview in Los Angeles. "We sort
> of, like, strip-mined that relationship. So we
> wanted to bring in some new faces and reenergize the
> romance in the show and get some new triangles
> going."
>
> One of those new additions will be Clark's famous
> future love interest, Lois Lane, played by Erica
> Durance. Durance is contracted for 13 episodes, with
> the possibility of more if her character works well
> within the context of the show. Millar said he is
> pleased with what he's seen so far. "Erica is
> stunningly beautiful," he said. "She's clearly a
> different vibe to Lana. She's very sophisticated and
> very funny and sassy, energetic and urban. Clark and
> Erica together, they shot their first scene today,
> and it's just awesome, the chemistry. So it's going
> to be really exciting to see that relationship."
>
> Lana, too, will be getting a new potential love
> interest in the form of Jensen Ackles, previously
> seen in the canceled Fox series Dark Angel. Ackles
> will meet up with Kristin Kreuk's character in Paris
> over the summer. "Jensen also brings a whole new
> element to the show," Millar said. "He's pretty
> sexy, and I think when Lana comes back from Paris
> she's a really changed person. She's come back with
> a new look and a new attitude, and she's put the
> past behind her, and she's very confident."
> Smallville begins its fourth season on Sept. 22 in
> its regular 8 p.m. ET/PT Wednesday timeslot."
>
>
>
> Al Gough on Season 4
> KryptonSite was able to get some quotes from
> Smallville executive producers Alfred Gough and
> Miles Millar at the WB's 2004 Summer All-Star Party
> held on July 14. Here's what Al had to say about the
> new season:
>
> "I think you're going to see Smallville get a little
> lighter, have a little more humor in it. I think
> Lois Lane's really given us a spark plug in the show
> that we needed. We're going to see Clark becoming
> more hopeful and embracing his destiny, and not
> running away from it. And I think we're going to
> have a lot more fun, and deal with a lot more teen
> issues, and sort of deal head on, including Clark's
> sexuality," Al said. "Not his sexual preference,
> but, whether or not he can have it."
>
>

Want the latest news on the most popular "Gal Reporter Extraordinaire"? Hurry up and join http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Loisfans/ for everything Lois Lane!
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi and welcome to the mbs - hope you have fun here!

I've made a couple of changes to the header of your post to eliminate any spoilers for those Smallville fans who really don't want to know what happens next. smile

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
Thanks!

I've been visiting other Smallville websites and the anti-Loisness in there is just giving me a headache. People are going crazy and the Clana fans are hoping that Erica Durance does bad so they'll take Lois out. I am worried that not a lot of people will tune in so I really hope that the ratings will go up. I believe that there should be a lot more LnC fans out there. Hopefully all of them stay tuned!

Want the latest news on the most popular "Gal Reporter Extraordinaire"? Hurry up and join http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Loisfans/ for everything Lois Lane!
Top Banana
Top Banana
I don't frequent Smallville forums at all, so this anti-Lois sentiment is really kind of a shock to me. I mean, all of these Clana and Chlark fans - do they have a basic understanding of the very story of Clark Kent/Superman? At least enough to know that someday - perhaps not in the scope of the Smallville time/world - that he ends up in love with Lois Lane? Did they truly believe that Millar and Gough were going to so completely rewrite canon that Clark ended up with either Lana or Chloe and Lois Lane was never to be, even in a distant future? Color me totally baffled huh

Regardless, I am a big Smallville fan. I'm not a Clana shipper nor a Chlark shipper, and in truth, I've been patiently awaiting the arrival of The Lois. So I'll be tuning in faithfully. I hope that Erica Durance is fabulous, not because I'm worried about ratings or that they might do away with Lois, but because I can't stand the thought of not liking Lois Lane. wink

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
Hey Lynne

Yep, unfortunately..many of them hate Lois. You should just peek into the spoilers page of Kryptonsite.com. That Smallville website is very good and it used to be an LnC site, they've got an LnC page too.

But back to the topic. Yes they hate Lois with a passion. Here are the reasons:

1. Clana fans--Lana is better than Lois because Lois is mean to Clark and loves Superman. They hope that the Lois appearance does real bad.

2. Chlois- fans who think that Chloe will turn into Lois. Now these people obviously like Lois, but there are some who are angry that the real Lois will appear. They think that Chloe is a better Lois.

3. Chlark- There are some Chloe/Clark fans who are scared about Lois' appearance because they think that Lois will steal Chloe's thunder. And the character will lose it's importance in Smallville.

4. Some die-hard canon fans (I mentioned some because I am a canon fan but I am excited about Lois' appearance just as long as it's done right)

I really hope that many people tune in because I am tired of all the Lois bashing in there. Lois Lane is such a great character and the story of Superman will never be complete without Lois Lane--the gal who debuted with him in 1938.

Merriwether
Merriwether
Well, if it helps you feel any better, I had watched Smallville for the first 2 1/2 seasons, then got bored (and busy) and stopped watching earlier this year ... but now that I know that they are bringing Lois on board, I think I'm going to start watching again. At least until I see how they handle things.

So thanks for the spoilers and the info! I especially liked the detail on the different "factions" and how they are reacting, LOL.

Kathy smile

Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
Originally posted by KathyB:
Well, if it helps you feel any better, I had watched Smallville for the first 2 1/2 seasons, then got bored (and busy) and stopped watching earlier this year ... but now that I know that they are bringing Lois on board, I think I'm going to start watching again. At least until I see how they handle things.

So thanks for the spoilers and the info! I especially liked the detail on the different "factions" and how they are reacting, LOL.

Kathy smile
You're welcome wink

I haven't been watching Smallville either. I've seen parts of the first Season and a sprinkling of the 2nd and 3rd season--you know that feeling you get when you tune in, get bored and decide to channel surf, then forget to go back to Smallville.That's what happened to me. It's a good thing that I saw the news about Lois. I was checking out K-Site for Superman movie news then I happen to catch the latest news about a Lois Lane casting. So I'll be staying tuned. The actress playing Lois is contracted for 13 episodes with a possibility of more--Al and Miles really liked her. So I'll watch all the Lois episodes but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that these are very good and successful episodes.

T
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
T
I know this thread is ages old, but I have to tune in and say - SV!Lois has been around a while now, and I hope for Chlois ardently. Chloe just fits the "Lois" bill much better than one named Lois on this show.

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard