Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Ooo, ooo, I just had to get here first!

CC, you came to mind first! Chlois... Chloe... did you see that?!!!!

And Lionel... all I could think about was those comments about his hair!!!! What's UPPPPP??!!!!

Lexy baby?!!!! Lex!!!!

Bo Kent? Pa?!!!! Ma? That sign? smile1

Top Banana
Top Banana
Aaacckkk! Is it September yet? I think I'm just going to close my eyes, click my heels together three times, and then it'll be September, right?

First - I gotta tell you. Between Smallville's season finale, The West Wing's season finale, and Angel's series finale, I'm a bit twirly here. Too.Many.Cliffhangers.

So, Kara. I know. I know. I hold my darling Tom on far too high of a plain. But dang. Couldn't they find a girl for him - even if she is a big fat imposter whose body is being used by Jor-El - that is cute? This chick just squicked me out. When she went off about the two of them being the only chance for the Kryptonian race to survive, I flinched and nearly hurled. As much as it pains me to admit this (and believe me, I'm feeling some severe cramping), Lana is actually the only girl on the show that I've found pretty enough for Clark. How bad is that? Loved the flying thing, though. And now Clark knows that he's destined to fly.

Can I just say, I told ya so!! All season, the chasm just opened and deepened until the final symbolic moment. When Clark in his blue shirt and red jacket walked in one direction down the courthouse and Lex in his evil!black and evil!purple walked in the opposite direction. "This friendship is over." Yikes! I think this time it's for real, folks. The mortal enemies have been born.

I'm going to make a prediction for the future of the series. Let's see, date and time stamp this - on Wednesday, May 19 at 10:34 p.m. CST, I predict that Chloe will be presumed dead. Her memory will be wiped clean by some big governmental protection agency voodoo, her hair will be died dark brown, and she will reappear as the one and only Lois Lane. However, she will not know that she is really Chloe. How in the world they are going to sell to us Clark not recognizing that it's Chloe remains a mystery, but hey, in a world where a pair of glasses is the master of all disguises, anything is possible. CC Aiken - this prediction does not in any way signify some kind of begrudging acceptance or acknowledgement of your fervant Chlois fantasies. Only that it is quite obvious what they've set up here. Really. That's all it is. And I still want another Lois Lane. wink

Lionel looks better without hair. There. I said it out loud. I always wanted to scream at John Glover's hairstylist to run a comb through that rat's nest. Lex still has the patent on the sexy!bald, but thank you M&G for cleaning up John Glover. If the man is going to be around for another season or two, I'd rather look at him this way.

So, what's the deal with Lex? I mean, why the possible poisoning? Lionel? Certainly not Clark. But why? This was the one cliffhanger that kind of came at me out of the blue.

Buh-bye Lana. That's all I have to say about that.

Pa Bo Kent. Is he dead? I'm thinking no. Not until Clark gets out of the hole in the wall. Can't leave Mama Kent all alone without either of her big strong men. Also, the Big Deal with Jor-El. Not thinking it was that big of a deal - at least not to the level that TPTB made me think it was going to be a big deal. I figured it was all about Pa Bo sacrificing his life force or some such nonsense. But simply that he would return Clark to Jor-El. Wha?

Whew. OK, should I just roll right on into my rants about The West Wing and Angel? No? OK.

That took a while to type. Is it September now?

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
E
Columnist
Columnist
E
I definitely agree with you on the cliffhangers! And to think we're going to have to wait for a made-for-TV movie to resolve the Angel ending. The Mutant Enemy slogan seemed pretty appropriate -- grr, argh!

I would agree on the setup between Lex and Clark to be arch-enemies, just in time for next season. I also agree with you on the Lois Lane prediction. That seems likely, given the other rumors I've read.

I don't think Lana's completely gone. I predict she'll be back sometime next season.

I'm also fairly sure Jonathan's not dead yet, and Clark will probably gain a new super power (the frosty breath, I'm thinking) when he comes back.

I believe there's a hero in all of us that keeps us honest, gives us strength, makes us noble, and finally allows us to die with pride, even though sometimes we have to be steady and give up the thing we want the most. Even our dreams. -- Aunt May, Spider-Man 2
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ok. Well. I have NO business offering my two cents.

I'm yet to see the previous two episodes- taped and not yet watched. So I had no idea who the chick was. AND I only saw the last 10 minutes of this one! The last 10 minutes!! I wasn't really and truly going to 'watch it.' Though I can live in a household of chaos and clutter, and can drop in and out of tv shows on whim, my Smallville viewing must be orderly. And watching the last 10 minutes after missing two and 3/4s episodes is not right!

But man. They were doing that compelling, can't look away operatic stuff that they do so well. When Smallville is firing on all cylinders, it just holds you still.

So, I'm watching this parade of images I only marginally get.

Loved: Clark in the red and blue looking very Supermanish in face of AnakinLexSkywalker, who will now turn all dark. The shot of him leaving the courthouse? Towering head and shoulders over everyone, all righteous indignation? Sigh. Go Supes, love you...call.

And Chloe stepping into her house with all those marshalls around for her protection. Man. That wasn't going to be good. Lynn votes amnesia. I'm thinking Witness Protection Program. Either way, we agree on the dark hair and the new name, right? Unless, of course, SHE'S DEAD!

Who poisioned Lex? The gloriously bald Lionel! Take the father down and pay for your sins!! And the symbolic cutting of the hair- love that. Always loved the hairy contrast between the Luthors. Now they are on a level playing field. Unless, of course, LEX IS DEAD!

And Bo Kent. What was the deal with the electric eel around his neck? You see? This is where missing 2 and 3/4s episodes really works against me. Was his deal with Jor-el that he would send Clark back through the wall? And now that he has, will he get better? Or...IS HE DEAD!

Comics fans: was the passage way like the Phantom Zone? If you know, please weigh in. And is Clark in what is essentially the Kryptonian birthing matrix? So cool. So sci-fi. Better than clones, even.

Next season: The adventures of Lana- who's looking pretty smart for leaving (though we never saw her get on a plane)- in Paris. The adventures of Mama Kent running the farm by herself. An Oz-type storyline of bald!Lionel...and that's it. Why? Everyone else is DEAD!

No. Probably not. But, sadly, I would still watch it.

In short: and it's too late to say that, because I've rambled...imagine if I'd seen the whole thing...It was awesome.

Season Two out on DVD, still have those missed epis to catch up on, but it's a long way to September!

CC

edit: I'd be remiss if I didn't address this:
And I still want another Lois Lane
mecry There's a little sympathy for you, MacDad, because I can appreciate how hard it is to be so wrong. Wait...here's a bit more mecry

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well you summed it up nicely. Everyone’s Dead and Clark is gone. They could just end the show here. Speculation: They won't. Lex has to survive even more dark and evil, now Clarks arch enemy. Clark comes back as Superman fighting for truth and justice. Chloe is dead and at the funeral her cousin Lois Lane shows up and becomes Clarks new love interest. Or Chloe is barely alive and once better becomes Lois Lane to protect herself from Lionel, who by the way, will linger for another 2 seasons just to spite us. Bo, Clark’s dad, is knocked out but he will survive, as a vegetable? Lana loves Paris and is gone for a season. She falls in love with a French guy named Rick, played by Dean Cain...Oh wait that has been done already. Jor El really does have Clark’s best interest at heart and sends Clark back to be Super. Pete is no longer in the show but he is referred to often in the next season. Ma Kent is still Ma Kent but now has to take care of Bo full time along with the farm. I think I got everyone<g> Oh Chris Reeve will make a few more appearances too.

Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Top Banana
Top Banana
She falls in love with a French guy named Rick, played by Dean Cain...Oh wait that has been done already.
LOL Laura! Too funny! But wouldn't it be great if Dean made a guest appearance ala Chris Reeves?

And CC:

AnakinLexSkywalker
Snort! I'm officially granting you a copyright on that one. And from here on after, I will know him as ALS or sexy!ALS <g>.

See, for some reason, I just don't even remotely believe that Chloe is dead. Not even worried one nanosecond about that. I'm just curious how they'll play out the whole explosion. Was it a set up to make Lionel THINK Chloe's dead, all part of the witness protection deal? Or will she be injured by the blast with possible brain damage/memory loss? Or will she be really dead and Lionel will have clone made? And how many episodes will we be tortured before we find out what really happened? That's the juicy stuff I'm dying to see. Well, that and how in the world they're gonna pass Alison Mack off as a Lois Lane that clearly isn't recognizable as Chloe.

So, DaddyMac, you can breathe easy. They aren't all dead. To quote the venerable Billy Crystal in the timeless classic movie The Princess Bride they're just "mostly dead."

Lynn

Oh, and PS CC - if I were you, I'd watch "Talisman" but skip "Forsaken" altogether. Not a whole lot in it that wasn't simple FOW formula stuff. Not a stellar episode. Or at least fast-forward through every scene with Lana and that Emily Dinsmore crappola and focus on the Luthor Saga instead. Save you at least 45 minutes of your life <g>.

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
Top Banana
Top Banana
CC - if I were you, I'd watch "Talisman" but skip "Forsaken" altogether. Not a whole lot in it that wasn't simple FOW formula stuff. Not a stellar episode. Or at least fast-forward through every scene with Lana and that Emily Dinsmore crappola and focus on the Luthor Saga instead. Save you at least 45 minutes of your life <g>.
Skipping??? Fast-forwarding??? Crappola???

Oh, Lynn, none of that is allowed during proper S'ville viewing...

Bring on the FOW, and she's a clone(!), the freakier the better.

CC...I know. Kinda sad. But September is so very, very far...

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
For those of you who want to know who's dead and who isn't...

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

P

A

C

E

From Kryptonsite: - Tom Welling, Kristin Kreuk, Michael Rosenbaum, Annette O'Toole, John Schneider, John Glover, and Allison Mack are all listed on the WB's website as coming back next season. The only name missing, of course, is Sam Jones III, who left in the episode "Forsaken."

Added 5/20: All indicators imply that all seven of the show's regular cast will survive the finale cliffhangers... unless, of course, they're trying to trick us! How they'll pull this off is anyone's guess!

-Breanna (who was VERY grumbly at the thought of Chloe being dead...but who wouldn't mind her being Lois).

Top Banana
Top Banana
I watched it twice last night.

1) Since DC Comics "bought" the rights to Chloe Sullivan, it's very doubtful that a) she will be dead or b) she will "turn into" Lois Lane.

TPTB may mess with some parts of the Superman legend, but Lois Lane is an untouchable icon....she's Chloe's cousin and she will turn up at some point, but it will be more of a cameo role since they're not destined to fall in love until he goes to work for the DP.

2) We know from Smallville: 1961 that Jor-El actually LIKED the Kents and hand-selected them to bring up his son. Jor-El is playing hardball but would not do anything to hurt Jonathan. (Obviously, that didn't apply to poor Kara/Lindsay). Jor-El wants to put Clark through Kryptonian culture school, much as in the original movie the green crystal built the fortress of solitude. I believe this "phantom zone" he is in will answer his questions about the type of race he is from, and what his destiny on earth should be.

3) Lex can't die! I believe that Clark turning on him will motivate him even more to explore Clark's origins and the rift between them will be insurmountable. They have differing agendas and that will permanently scar their friendship.

4) Lana of course will come back, with a shorter "do"

5) Clark's new power will be super-breath, leaving only flying for his high school graduation party. (He was 18 when he learned to fly).

6) Clark will share his secret with Lana in the season finale next year when he leaves to go to college and further explore his destiny. She will be heartbroken, as in the comics...how could you forget loving Superman, after all? Not possible.

Meanwhile, I just received my Smallville Season 2 DVD package and between that and Gilmore Girls Season 1 DVD, and reading/writing L&C fanfiction, the time will pass until September/October when they resolve/bring all these people back to life/ all these issues!!

AMEN

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard