Print Thread
#199779 05/02/04 11:51 AM
E
EmilyH Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
E
I got a gecko about a week ago. It's name is Kitt. Here are some photos, if anyone's interested in looking at them.

http://starbase-eprime.us/geckopics.html

I believe there's a hero in all of us that keeps us honest, gives us strength, makes us noble, and finally allows us to die with pride, even though sometimes we have to be steady and give up the thing we want the most. Even our dreams. -- Aunt May, Spider-Man 2
#199780 05/02/04 05:02 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Spiffy.

My roommate got a newt last month. We had it for about a week, and then when we were out of town, it, uh, jumped out of the bowl...Don't exactly know where it went.

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#199781 05/02/04 11:32 PM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Awwwwwwwww - he's adorable. Will he get much bigger?

LabRat (who knows zip about geckos...)

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#199782 05/03/04 10:05 AM
Blogger
Blogger
Cute pic's! cool No I don't know a thing about how to take care of one. laugh

#199783 05/03/04 03:19 PM
E
EmilyH Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
E
Awwwwwwwww - he's adorable. Will he get much bigger?
Yeah, I think it's still a juvenile. I'm not sure what gender it is, but it's probably a female as most pet stores sell them. They usually get between 6 and 10 inches long. I'd say it's just over 5 inches now, including its tail. It just shed last weekend.

The only downsides are having to feed it worms, and it can't drink regular tap water without something in it to kill the chlorine, and having to keep the light and heater on its cage on all day, but you get used to it.

I have a wire mesh on top, and leopard geckos can't climb walls, so you don't have to worry about them getting out unless you have fake trees it can climb or something.

I believe there's a hero in all of us that keeps us honest, gives us strength, makes us noble, and finally allows us to die with pride, even though sometimes we have to be steady and give up the thing we want the most. Even our dreams. -- Aunt May, Spider-Man 2
#199784 05/03/04 10:24 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
cool gecko! I had to catch one just last night, the little bugger managed to get in our bathroom. I've never thought of keeping them though, hmmmm.
smile

Avatar: Michael Clarke, awesome Aussie cricket player

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard