Next Thread
Print Thread
#199722 04/15/04 01:03 PM
Julie S Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
click here

Click to see the saddest slideshow you'll ever have seen in your entire life.

This has really got to stop. frown It made me cry when I first watched it. mecry

Couple of warnings: I don't know how this will work on dialup and slow computers. Some slides are kind of gruesome, and the song accompanying the slideshow contains one not very PG rated word.

Julie frown

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
#199723 04/15/04 02:48 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I can't see the website but do you know that if you buy fur from China; it is probably from a real cat that's been dee skined alive.

I read in an article that China dee skin the cat while it was still alive and make a small cat like figurine with it to sell in the US. So next time you see a small or regular figurine that looks like a real cat and with silky furs, Don't buy it!

#199724 04/15/04 02:55 PM
Blogger
Blogger
OMG, how can anybody treat animals this way?!?They can be so cruel!

I know it's really bad. Recently I had visited a PETA website, and just by watching it and how the animals are treated from when they get they to how bad the living conditions where they stay..I must say, how sick of them to do that kind of act towards harmless species that don't have a voice, but can still act in a way as of say 'no', 'stay away'
mecry It's sad frown

#199725 04/16/04 03:24 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I don't know. Sometimes, I'm ashamed to be chinese. Some of us are so money minded, all some of us care about is getting money and don't care who we run over in the process. Sometimes I get that way too. But then afterwards I would mentally slap myself but remain Kryptonian like and still justifies myself :rolleyes: .

#199726 04/22/04 02:41 PM
E
Columnist
Columnist
E
Ah, I thought that was the cat one that's been circulating.

Still very sad that anyone would abuse animals.

I believe there's a hero in all of us that keeps us honest, gives us strength, makes us noble, and finally allows us to die with pride, even though sometimes we have to be steady and give up the thing we want the most. Even our dreams. -- Aunt May, Spider-Man 2
#199727 04/22/04 02:53 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
If you look on the right lower corner, there is the name of the site that published this. It's in Portuguese, and it is a site to promote the respect for animals:
PelosAnimais.com

They have another Flash presentation, "Hush, Hush, Hush" , that seems more "light" than the first. Click on the link of that page ("Click here to view the presentation") to see the video.

EDIT: I just watched it again, and there is a sequence, in the middle, of more abuse scenes.
Sorry if anybody saw that before reading this.

malu

#199728 04/23/04 03:20 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
and you wonder why some animal seems to hate humans.

Some Chicagoians hates pigeons, and recently someone's been feeding them poisoned pigeon food. I saw a pigeon getting on top of his dead girl firend as if he was say, 'wake up'. That was so sad.

I know this because the next day; I almost got pigeon poo on my head by a pigeon that was at a 10 degree angel on top of me when I threw them the fries that I couldn't eat.

Now, I'm going to get fined because of the new law in chicago and this post. $500 fine for feeding the pigeons. There is also a stupid law that says no swearing allowed in Chicago.

#199729 05/06/04 01:15 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Since we are on the topic of animal crulety...hope you don't mind...

A lot of animal owners, pet shop pple and vets in training (pals and pals of pals) have told me that the makers of Iams/Eukanuba are creul towards animals. (will I get in trouble for posing this?) In seperate conversations I was told that there is a video around showing some of the bad stuff. Anyone know anything? I was going to buy some of their stuff and then pple told me about it. My dog needs a low salt/no salt diet so I was researching it and came across such info. I feel bad forming an opinion purely based on a situation like this (friend of a friend). I'm curious for more concrete evidence. But then if there was I guess they'd be getting in trouble w/ animal protectors...

It is sad to hear of such animal abuse in the case that was orig. posted up above. I still cannot bring myself to watch it. I have a old dog, one 'regular' hamster and four dwarf hamsters. My mum-in-law has a cat. I could never imagine being mean to them.... even though my dog drives me nuts most of the time.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
#199730 05/06/04 03:10 PM
E
Columnist
Columnist
E
I've never heard of that one, but I have heard of Petco being cruel to their reptiles and fish, due to their staff not being properly trained. I looked at the geckos in the Petco close to me and the poor things were really skinny. frown

I believe there's a hero in all of us that keeps us honest, gives us strength, makes us noble, and finally allows us to die with pride, even though sometimes we have to be steady and give up the thing we want the most. Even our dreams. -- Aunt May, Spider-Man 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard