Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#199384 02/26/04 06:43 AM
Pelican Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Has anyone heard of this 'Axept Lotto'-thingie? That some people figured out the system, "cracked the codes", sold it, which resulted in people winning millions and millions of dollars? Isn't it illegal in the US now?

I'm only asking this out of curiosity - apparantly this system is coming to Norway but it's probably going to be forbidden very soon anyway if it's as good as people say it is.

Anyone know anything about this?

Pelican smile

Such a little thing really, a kiss...most people don't give it a moment's consideration. They kiss on meeting, they kiss on parting, that simple touching of flesh is taken entirely for granted as a basic human right.

Susan Kay
#199385 02/26/04 09:01 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
i haven't heard of any "code cracking." not sure how you can do that when the lotto numbers are determined by randomly drawn balls. unless you mean that someone somehow found a way to tell beforehand if a scratch-off ticket is a winner. but that wouldn't really help because (a) no one would let you stand there and scan a bunch of tickets before buying the one you want and (b) you'd have to sift through a heck of a lot of tickets.

the one system i have heard of works like this:

1. you carefully pick a lotto place and week when you think there will be a large jackpot. maybe even one that snowballed from a previous week when there was no winner.

2. you buy one ticket with every possible number. not always easy, but some places let you buy and preprint your own.

3. you win. you may have to split your winnings with others, but if you play things right, you'll spend a lot of money (about a million) to make even more money (several million).

4. the nice people who came up with this idea and kindly lent you the use of their ticket printers for the several days it took to print up a million tickets take their share and go to find someone else willing to pay them to win the lottery.

the system has been made illegal in some places, but others don't think it should be illegal. on the one hand, you're kind of defeating the purpose of the lotto. otoh, it's your right to buy as many tickets as you want.

so, is that what you're asking about, pel? it's the only system i've heard of.

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard