Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#199238 02/07/04 03:31 AM
lynnm Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I know in the LnC folder there is thread for favorite Lois and Clark kisses, but two things inspired me to start a thread for other Favorite Kisses. One was a dream I had last night wherein I was in Smallville and was Chloe and Clark kissed me in front of the entire football team - don't ask. I'm still trying to figure that one out <g> while trying desperately to retain the feeling of being kissed by Tom Welling wink

The other reason is that it's Valentine's Day week, so I get all mushy and romantic and other icky stuff.

So, I ask, what are some of your all time favorite "Kisses", either in movies, books, TV shows, etc? And what does it take to make a kiss a "great" kiss instead of just a run-of-the-mill kiss?

I'll start.

One of my favorite kisses is in the movie Some Kind of Wonderful when Keith (played by Eric Stoltz) is getting ready to go on a date with the most popular girl in school, and his best friend Watts (played by Mary Stuart Masterson) asks him if he wants to practice kissing on her. So he kisses her, and to their great surprise, they are both totally knocked off their feet by the kiss. It is so great!

In general, I like kisses that are unexpected and so passionate they involve the clearing of furniture. Things like LnC in Just Say Noah, Kevin Kostner swiping the breakfast dishes off the table as he kisses Susan Sarandon in Bull Durham, and David Addison (Bruce Willis) knocking over the coffee table while kissing Maddie Hayes (Cybil Shepard) in the old TV show Moonlighting. Times when they are so involved in the kiss any surface will do.

Anyone else? Tell me quick so I can go hunt down the movie/book and enjoy it! wink

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
#199239 02/07/04 05:00 AM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
One of my favourite on-screen kisses has to be from Friends when Ross and Rachel make up in “The One With the Prom Video” smile
After she and the gang watch an old home movie, Rachel realises how sweet and kind Ross was in the past and how long he has truly loved her for. She makes up for this by walking the full length of Monica’s apartment, presses Ross up against the door and kisses him. It has to be one of the longest moments of TV, but totally worth the wait! wink

Obviously all of Lois and Clark’s kisses were amazing but one of my favourites has to be the one from “Honeymoon in Metropolis”, the whole throwing in the bed thing is enough to get anyone’s pulse racing!

Great thread Lynn, can’t wait for others responses.

Sarah-Jayne smile

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles."
Christopher Reeve - Still Me
#199240 02/07/04 05:47 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
My favourite kissing scene is from The Sound of Music, where the Captain sees Maria out at night and goes to see her. Everytime I see that movie I rewind that part about 50 times.

Sarah-Jayne also reminded me of a different favourite kiss between Ross and Rachel that I loved, but not that one she mentioned. I like the one in the coffee house, when they first kiss. When they fight, he exits, then he comes back and she opens the door (her panicking when she cant open it for a minute doesn't break the mood) and they kiss. In the rain. There's nothing more romantic than a passionate kiss in the rain. laugh

As for books, my favourite scene is from Jane Eyre. In the end, when she comes back to him. I don't remember it very well because I read it a while ago, but still it was so beautiful it made me cry!

Julie

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
#199241 02/07/04 06:56 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm an old movie buff, so for me- hands down- it's the kiss between George and Mary in It's a Wonderful Life.
They are squeezed together in this tight shot sharing the phone, trying to hold a conversation with a third party and trying to avoid what just has to happen. I love the desperate look in Mary's eyes, the hint of tears. And the way George, though trying to stay distant, keeps putting his face in her hair. When they finally drop the phone and share that series of really tender, yet really passionate kisses it is such a hard earned, great moment.

More modern and a bit more embarrassing, as I am too old to have watched this. The first time Pacey kisses Joey on Dawson's Creek. Mostly because I love watching him screw up his courage and then his agonized "Don't you ever get tired of just talking?" before he grabs her and lays it on her.

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
#199242 02/07/04 03:44 PM
Blogger
Blogger
I totally agree about the kisses from Friends between Ross and Rachel. My personal favorite was that first one outside the coffee house.

I also completely agree about The Sound of Music... that movie is hands down one of my favorite movies ever (I drive my best friend crazy because I make her watch it over and over again with me while I sing along and mutter all the words) and that kiss is just fantastic! smile

I'm trying to think of more favorites, because I know there are others, but I'm at a loss at the moment.
~Lauren

Clark: Lois, you're kinda babbling.
Lois: I know. See, I never babble.
Clark: Are you kidding? You're a brook.
#199243 02/07/04 04:06 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
(I drive my best friend crazy because I make her watch it over and over again with me while I sing along and mutter all the words)
You have no idea how familiar that sounds... I think I know every single word for the movie and the soundtrack. *feeling sudden urge to go watch it*

Julie

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
#199244 02/07/04 05:46 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I have lots of favorites, so I chose a really odd one to shake things up. My favorite movie is Some Like it Hot starring Marilyn Monroe, Jack Lemmon, and Tony Curtis. To make a long story short, Jack and Tony are undercover in an all-girl band (dressed in drag) to escape some mobsters who want to kill them. They meet Marilyn who is the lead singer. Tony falls for Marilyn, so he disguises himself as a millionaire to win her over. Then he breaks it off with her when he realizes he and Jack have to run away again.

The kiss occurs just after the breakup. Marilyn is singing a very sad song at the club, and she closes her eyes and starts to cry. Tony rushes up to her, kisses her and says, "Don't cry, Sugar, no man is worth it." She opens her eyes and it's Tony all right--in his drag ensamble (wig, dress, makeup...)!! It's a REVELATION, if you will. She realizes her "girlfriend" and her "boyfriend" are one and the same! It's fantastic. laugh

-Wanda

"He's a man. I'm a woman. Do you want me to draw you a diagram?" -Lois Lane, I've Got a Crush on You.
#199245 02/08/04 02:17 AM
Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
My favorite kiss is from the movie "Bend it Like Beckham", after Jess and Joe admit they like each other at the end of the movie.

[Linked Image]

And comming in a close second is Lois and Clark's kiss from "Just Say Noah" in Larry Smiley's office. And a very close third is the kiss from Ross and Rachel outside the coffee house when Ross finds out that she likes him.

I absolutely LOVE a good smoochie laugh

- Laura

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
#199246 02/08/04 11:24 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, caught as I am in a perpetual Stargate loop at the moment, I can only think of two:

One from the episode, The Broca Divide, where Sam, having been infected by a virus that regresses her to a prehistoric stage, decides that Jack is the perfect Alpha male and jumps him in the locker room. Wooo - hot!

And the second that classic Stargate shipper's dream wink from Window of Opportunity. Where Jack takes advantage of a recurring time loop to hand his resignation to General Hammond and sweep Sam into a clinch ten seconds before his current loop ends and history is reset. <waffy sigh>

LabRat (planning a Sam/Jack tape fest for Valentine's Day...)

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#199247 02/08/04 01:09 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, my obsession before L&C (way back in the misty dawn of time) was the movie Speed... the most emotional moment was when they realized that Annie couldn't escape something that would probably kill her -- Jack could have escaped, but instead he stayed with her... <waffy sigh>
Okay, so that didn't involve a kiss, but there was a very nice one a little later on... smile

I like your SG-1 choices, Labby -- Window of Opportunity was so much fun.

One of my favorite L&C kisses is in Ultrawoman -- the "alley kiss" -- it's not hugely passionate or anything, but I love the sense of partnership.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#199248 02/08/04 07:12 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Don't forget that 70 second kiss between Steve McQueen and Faye Dunaway in the original version of "The Thomas Crown Affair." It was filmed from every angle, as if the camera was circling them non-stop. Absolutely dizzying and it left me breathless.

Marilyn
Check out our blog at www.writingplayground.blogspot.com
#199249 02/09/04 12:02 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Remembered another one. I'm not a big reader of romance novels, but one that has a place of affection on my book shelves is Loretta Chase's Lord of Scoundrels. Someone sent it to me as a gift and I adored it.

The first kiss between hero and heroine is under a streetlamp in the rain and boy is it pure steam. Not to mention very witty. Just adorable.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#199250 02/09/04 06:26 AM
M
Blogger
Blogger
M
maybe it's cuz i just saw this movie again yesterday so it's fresh...but my favorite has got to be the kiss between Drew Barrymore and uh.... PRINCE CHARMING (last name is Scott i think) in "EVER AFTER" the First kiss in the movie they share when they are in the company of the gypsies is so sweet, she says: "my mouth has run away with me again, i'm sorry" and he says "'tis your mouth that has me hypnotized" and she blushes and he leans in and gives her the faintest of kisses on the lips, they do i profile shot to f kiss and after that intial tap, danielle(drew's character)looks as if she's contemplating this new twist...she obvioulsy decides she LOVES this new twist cause they share, what to me is a very passionate, award-worthy kiss.....ahhhh....me melts into a big gooey puddle..... sloppy

sorry for the detailed description...the object of my affection (who's not aware that he is) is away on business....so i'm feeling mushy and lonely...great way to spend valentine's week....
jump

mor1980

#199251 02/10/04 04:26 PM
K
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
K
I meant to reply to this thread yesterday but I ran out of time. Now it seems to have quieted a little, but maybe it'll come back to life smile

Anyway, I know I have a million favorite kisses, but the first one that comes to mind is from Moulin Rouge, at the end of the Elephant Love Medley, when Ewan McGregor looks like it's physically painful not to kiss her... He plays the ingenue so beautifully.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

"How wonderful life is now you're in the world..."

Sigh...

Kaylle
(who still thinks MR should have won Best Picture, just for being completely different than anything else that had been done before... mad )

#199252 02/18/04 10:32 PM
C
Kerth
Kerth
C
I like the kiss between Mac and Harm in JAG at Mic and Mac's party celebrating their up coming marriage after they were looking back to the time they first met n onwards. Harm's face was so funny when he first met Mac. They're situation is so similar to that of Lois and Clarks its almost scary. The kiss was so sweet and tender the next kiss I like is the one if WIEAK when Clark is hoping that it will get Lois back.

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
#199253 02/19/04 12:24 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I'm with all the FoLCs who talked about Ross and Rachel's kisses. I was first going to suggest the one at Central Perk, but Sarah reminded me of the one in TOW the Prom Video... That one is definitely sweeter. And I'll add up another one:I can't remember the ep, but it's the first time they say I love you to each other, right after fighting because Ross has their whole future planned. Great scene.

Aside form Friends and L&C? Well, it sin't anything special, but I crack up every time I see it. The first kiss between Julia Roberts and Hugh Grant in 'Notting Hill'. Yeah, exactly; the one Will describes as 'Surreal but nice' laugh

Cris

Cris
#199254 02/19/04 09:26 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
most memorable kiss? Would have to be the kiss between Buffy and Angel in the season 2 final, Becoming pt2. The evil Angelus had awakened Acathla and opened a portal to Hell, when Buffy and Angelus fight to the death. Just as Buffy is about to kill Angelus, Willow restores his soul and Angel is back.
[Linked Image]
They share a heart wrenching kiss but it's too late wave <--- Joss Whedon
notworthy <--- me

Avatar: Michael Clarke, awesome Aussie cricket player

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard