Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#199176 02/05/04 02:36 PM
lynnm Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
All right, I just got around to watching the latest episode of Smallville. Please don't revoke my Dedicated Fan membership card - had to watch West Wing with hubby last night and was too tired to make it thru another show.

And, boy, I just can't believe that no one else has posted to gush about what had to be the Best.Smallville.Moment.Ever!!! Shame on you, Smallville Girls. Shame. No Clark cookies for you.

The moment when Clark places his hand on Jordan's shoulder, and Jordan sees the billowing red silk cape with the yellow "S" shield and - wait for it - actual Clark's Eye View of flight. Oh! Be still my pounding heart. I have seen the future, and it is Super.

Really, that was so well done. If there was anything at all bad in it is that I have a really strong suspicion that TPTB will never go this far into the future, so this was just the little crumb they are tossing us. And seeing how they would have handled Clark-as-Superman is making me drool.

As for the rest of the show:

Clark - learning the big stuff, Big Guy. More development of a Superhero. And Mamma Kent's remark about saving Lex. Just think how things would have been so different if he wouldn't have pulled Lex out of that car. I'll bet he's regretting that save a couple dozen years from now.

Lex - quite perplexing. Just can't get a read on him anymore. Is he good? Is he evil? Is he two great tastes in one candy bar?

Lana - not bad this episode. Liked how she wasn't a whinging victim when she was all tied up - kept trying to get herself free. And with Adam, also not a victim. You go girl. Also, if we are to believe the vision that Jordan had shows Lana in her old age, I happened to notice that her husband did not resemble Smallville!Pete in the most obvious way. So, who was the mystery man? Do we care? Nah, you're right. As long as it isn't Clark.

Chlois - Yep, did see some glimmers of Snooping!Lois in her tonight. But what was with the breaking and entering? Isn't she even remotely afraid of getting caught?

Adam - hmmm. Batman? Me thinks mayhaps. We'll never know for sure though, since M&G don't have the right to use the Batman name. He'll probably turn into a FOW before too long.

Pappa Bo Kent - so sad. Is he or isn't he? Does anyone know if John Schneider is signed on for next year?

I liked this episode. Quite a bit, actually. I don't even have anything bad to say. Let's see, we need something to debate...hmmm...nope, I got nothing.

CC - I know you are busy having your Ears monogrammed, but I'll wait patiently while you catch up with your back viewing. Don't think you're off the hook just because you rode the Tower of Terror a record number of 32 times without puking even once.

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
Columnist
Columnist
Lynn, I can't debate with you, but I can certainly agree with the cape scene. Man, it was the best moment of television viewing I've had all week!

I liked Jordan... his gift was actually believable, to a point. I felt sorry for him not being able to touch people without fear of seeing them die. Bet he was pretty freaked with Clark's future though. eek

I agree that Lana wasn't so bad this week. What was the significance of the necklace she wore in the old age shot? Didn't get that one. Are we to believe that whoever gives that to her will be her future husband? Will we get to see? thumbsup

Adam... what's up with him? Is he dead? Jordan said he thought he'd died. So are the drugs keeping him alive? Is he, dare I say it, a clone? :rolleyes:

And on to Chlois... yes, I'll call her that now, too, Lynn, because I simply don't know anymore. You didn't even mention the little moment between her and Clark. She told Clark she missed being Woodward to his Berstein! I almost fell out the recliner! Clark grinned like an idiot. Yep, I do have to say I see more Lois each week. mecry

Is Pa Kent gone? How will that change Clark? Will Ma Kent show her strength finally?! So many questions, not enough answers. Me sighs dramatically...

SQD

lynnm Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
What was the significance of the necklace she wore in the old age shot?
SQD - Remember the chunk 'o meteor rock necklace that Lana wore - the piece from the one that pancaked her parents? And whenever Clark would get near her, he'd get all floopy? At one point in Season 2, I think it was, that FOW who could change into other people - Shape Shifta Girl Tina - put the necklace around Clark to incapacitate him, and his space ship neutralized it, turning it into a clear crystal.

That's the necklace. wink

L.

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
E
Columnist
Columnist
E
Well, there were lots of things I didn't like about that episode. The fire dredged up memories of my pre-Christmas fire that I would rather not have remembered. And it was extremely stupid for Clark not to have stopped Jordan from going into the burning building. Any fire fighter will tell you that going back into a burning house is a no-no, even to save someone, because you could die. I didn't like that episode. But maybe it's just me.

I believe there's a hero in all of us that keeps us honest, gives us strength, makes us noble, and finally allows us to die with pride, even though sometimes we have to be steady and give up the thing we want the most. Even our dreams. -- Aunt May, Spider-Man 2
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
And it was extremely stupid for Clark not to have stopped Jordan from going into the burning building. Any fire fighter will tell you that going back into a burning house is a no-no, even to save someone, because you could die.
Clark did tell Jordan to stay in the car...what else could he do? tie him up? Jordan pulled a Lois Lane, rushing in though he (she) was told not to. wink

will post more when I have more time.

-Breanna (who liked this episode smile )

E
Columnist
Columnist
E
There were any number of things Clark could have done. I sure as heck would not let someone I cared about rush back into a burning building, especially if I was invulnerable and they were not. In real life, if my housemate had survived the fire and wanted to go back inside, I'd have done whatever I could to stop him. You just don't let people go back into burning buildings.

I believe there's a hero in all of us that keeps us honest, gives us strength, makes us noble, and finally allows us to die with pride, even though sometimes we have to be steady and give up the thing we want the most. Even our dreams. -- Aunt May, Spider-Man 2
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Yeah but he also had to get Megan, Lana and the Coach out of the fire without revealing his powers. The shack/house thing had about 5 big things of gasoline that were ready to blow so Clark was kind of pressed for time.

That said I didn't are for this episode at all. Just meh. And the cape was ugly.

"Let us remember that there is a creative force in this universe, working to pull down the gigantic mountains of evil, a power that is able to make a way out of no way and trasform dark yesterdays into bright tomorrows. Let us realize the arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice."
-- Martin Luther King Jr.
Top Banana
Top Banana
But have they killed my tough-lovin' Bo Kent??

I'm afraid they have! I mean, I know that it fits canon to have Clark lose his dad around this age, but still...how I love that crabby, furrowed browed, Clark-what-am-I-going-to-do-with-you man. And he still needs him.

Jonathan's "Not yettttt" echoed by me.

And SQD saw it. Say you did, too, Lynn. The Chlois and Clark spark of chemistry there...? Come on...you saw it, right? Say it, it'll make you feel better, confession good for the soul and all that.

And speaking of good for the soul, I think that Clark letting Jordan back into the fire and letting him save Megan was a purposeful thing. He asked him earlier if he'd ever been able to save anyone with his visions, and he hadn't. This time he did. Which is why I think Jordan was so determined to go back in there, and insisting that he get Megan. And why Clark let him do it, wise or not.

I miss the glasses, though, loved the cape.

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Just to let you all know...

Jonathan is not dead. They will deal with what happened to him in next week's episode.
Anyone who wants to read some spoilers to find out what's happening can go here.

-Breanna

P.S. Interesting tidbit... the character of Jordan Cross was played by a boy named Joseph...Cross... :p

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard