Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#199097 01/22/04 02:30 PM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I've been meaning to ask this for some time and always forget.. where is your favorite smilies (graemlins) site? I like the ones we can use here on the boards but I sometimes pick funny ones from this site => http://www.mysmilies.com/

So where do others get their little guys?

~Liz (I esp. love the one where he's bashing his head into the wall, sometimes used to describe a certain lunkhead wink )

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
#199098 01/22/04 02:55 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#199099 01/23/04 03:06 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I love the smilies at the Ultimately Pointless website. This thread reminded me that I lost my bookmark to that when my hd blew up. So thanks for the link, Maria. smile

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#199100 01/23/04 06:45 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#199101 01/23/04 02:30 PM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Thanks Maria - this is the one I wanted!

[Linked Image]

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
#199102 01/24/04 04:27 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Maria, sorry but unfortunately I've had to remove the link to the third of your suggested smilie sites.

Although the site itself wasn't a problem and looked to have some cute smilies on it, the first thing I noticed when I clicked on the link was a banner link to another site called SexSmilies, complete with a couple of risque smilies attached.

I clicked on the link to further investigate and got to what looks like a pretty hardcore smilies site (it actually calls itself hardcore) with similies way beyond the pg13 limit of this forum. I couldn't investigate beyond the homepage as clicking on enter got me a warning message that I was not entering a site but downloading material - which also sounded highly suspect. So I quickly retreated without investigating further.

The banner in question switches each time you link to the original smilies site in your post - so I'm sure you didn't even spot the risque one when you posted the link. I actually had to refresh the site repeatedly to get it back; it didn't seem to change on its own once you'd entered the main site. So it would have been very easy to miss and I probably wouldn't even have spotted it if another of the banners had been there instead when I clicked on the link.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.

The Musketeers
#199103 01/24/04 11:17 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi LabRat,

Maria, sorry but unfortunately I've had to remove the link to the third of your suggested smilie sites.

Although the site itself wasn't a problem and looked to have some cute smilies on it, the first thing I noticed when I clicked on the link was a banner link to another site called SexSmilies, complete with a couple of risque smilies attached.
blush OMG! I still don't know which one is.

MAF eek

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
MAF
#199104 01/24/04 11:47 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, I think they make it deliberately hard to spot, Maria! It was probably sheer chance it just happened to be right smack at the top of the page when I hit the link. Otherwise, none of us would be any the wiser probably! Gits. <g>

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
#199105 01/25/04 07:00 AM
MLT Offline
Merriwether
Merriwether
I found one that sums up what I'm feeling at the moment perfectly.

[Linked Image]

Hopefully that shows up.

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
#199106 01/25/04 09:04 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I think that one might work well for a few of us, ML. goofy

LabRat smile (thinking of adopting it as her official mascot...)

The Musketeers

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard