Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Aren't we going to start a new post for this week's show? I've watched it! And the real thing this time, not static. smile1

CC, I liked this one! Very much. Of course, I like most of them so...

Jonathan was even okay in this ep. He was helpful without being an idiot about it. And Martha... Whoa! Did she finally find herself or what? I loved her putting Jonathan in his place. Priceless! smile1 I don't care what others think, it's a blast watching the birth of our hero! And don't forget the new power!

I've started. What did everyone else think?

SQD

Top Banana
Top Banana
Well. I should take a little while to let this one digest – I just finished watching it like two minutes ago. All right, I’ll just go for an “impulse thoughts” kind of thing.

Clark in glasses – whoa! Funny to see him in stylin’ square frames instead of any kind of geeky disguise-ish things. And are we to understand that he will now be wearing them all the time? Or is this just a set up for the future when he thinks, “Hmmm. I need to disguise myself a bit. I know – glasses. I think I have an old pair lying around somewhere.”

Chloe. Oh, Chloe, Chloe, Chloe. You are about to enter the zone of “too stupid to live.” Why don’t you just strip yourself naked, roll around in some raw steak, then take a swim in the middle of the Florida Everglades during crocodile mating season. Probably a whole lot less painful than screwing with Lionel Luthor. What in the world does that girl think she is doing? Even for those who hold the...um...delusion...that Chloe is in truth Lois, I don’t even think Lois would do something that suicidal.

I do give her points for standing up to the guy.

Let’s see. What else. Oh yeah, that super-hearing thing. Well, isn’t it tragic that the first thing Clark does with his new-found ability, besides saving Product-Placement Pete, is totally screw up Chloe’s life. Not that she hasn’t done a pretty good job of that all on her own. I guess this is an instance where Clark had to learn “the hard way” that when you eavesdrop, you have to be careful what you do with the information.

Did actually like Jonathan in this episode – he didn’t suck. Liked how he helped Clark hone the new superpower. And who else was just groaning when Martha said “You guys think you are some kind of supermen.” Now, bear with me here – until Clark becomes, you know, Superman, no one would associate the word “Superman” with someone heroic. In fact, was “superman” even a word? So how could she come up with that association? I’ll bet CC can answer that <g>.

I’m not going near the Lana stuff. Just not gonna do it.

BUT...it came upon me like a hunk of meteor rock (aka Kryptonite) what my one and most major complaint about Smallville is and why I can see a lot of LnC fans not liking it so much. There is nothin’ but angst for Clark. That poor guy NEVER gets a break. Never gets the girl. Never gets the glory. Nothing. He's blinded, beaten, powers taken, tortured with meteor rock. If a guy went through all of that during his teens, ain't no way he'd turn out to be some benevolent mankind-helping superhero. He'd be a psychotic, paranoid basket case.

I’m thinking that’s why I just want Lois to show up. I want Clark to be happy. Just a little bit.

OK, CC. Bring it on!

Lynn

PS - Thought I'd share this e-mail I received today:
-------
TO: mccreadie67@hotmail.com
RE: Sat PM

Hey Lynn - We're on for Sat. Just a few people - your best friends who ALWAYS agree with you about the latest Smallville epi.

Looking forward to it. I'll bring the body oil.

TW
------------

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Chloe is in truth Lois, I don’t even think Lois would do something that suicidal.
Which Lois are you talking about? L&C's Lois was doing crazy, suicidal stuff all the time. She wasn't as foolhardy as SV's Lana but she loved to take risks.

I’m thinking that’s why I just want Lois to show up. I want Clark to be happy. Just a little bit.
If Lois shows up in Smallville (and isn't Chloe) she'll probably be Lex's girlfriend. Smallville's PTB envision Lois to be in her early twenties, maybe still in college - she'd be too old for HS Clark.

Plus there's the precious Clana to think of... razz

"Let us remember that there is a creative force in this universe, working to pull down the gigantic mountains of evil, a power that is able to make a way out of no way and trasform dark yesterdays into bright tomorrows. Let us realize the arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice."
-- Martin Luther King Jr.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Smallville's PTB envision Lois to be in her early twenties, maybe still in college
Really? Who said that? Because I would have thought Lois should be younger than Clark. Or about his age.

Julie (who has to wait til tuesday to see the new ep because she hates her channel lineup)

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Really? Who said that? Because I would have thought Lois should be younger than Clark. Or about his age.
That was said by Smallville's executive producer Al Gough.

In an interview with Wizard magazine, show creators Al Gough and Miles Millar discussed their plans for the duo. "Lois is in college," reveals Gough, "She's just a few years older than Clark, Lana and Chloe. And Perry White is a struggling, young reporter in his 20s. Working for the Daily Planet is a distant dreams for Perry at this stage of his life. But Lois is in college, and I don't think Lois and Clark get along at all."

"Let us remember that there is a creative force in this universe, working to pull down the gigantic mountains of evil, a power that is able to make a way out of no way and trasform dark yesterdays into bright tomorrows. Let us realize the arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice."
-- Martin Luther King Jr.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ohhhh, was Smallville on last night?

Hm. Sorry I missed it.

No! I'll be back. Lunches to pack, kids to hustle about...must not get started, must not get started.

While I'm away though, I'll leave you with this point to ponder: WHO was the dude with the adams apple? And why so hostile??

Ideas?

CC (who really shouldn't have peeked, since she knew that would bring her morning to a grinding halt...)

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
Top Banana
Top Banana
WHO was the dude with the adams apple?
CC - That was Clark. You probably didn't recognize him - he was wearing glasses.

It's OK. I understand it's a common mistake, especially among inhabitants of Metropolis. Don't let it bother you.

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ok, I'm back and chomping at the bit!

First thing- "The Superman concept, was it even a word, Martha used it on Jonathan and Clark, and something, something, CC will clear this up."

Please note, I'm not quoting Lynn directly, but I am thrilled because here, and finally, I will put that minor in philosophy to work for me!

(I know. A minor in philosophy,how badly did I want a career in fastfood? I make a fine onion ring, though, and I can think really, really deep thoughts while so doing...)

A-hem. Superman is a big, fat much disputed concept among philosophers. Kant, Nietzsche, um...some really ancient dude who starts with a Z. (anyone...? No? Me neither.) The primary question being if men really did evolve from apes, would they one day evolve from men to...wait for it...Supermen. And if so, how would they, and blah, blah, etc...

In fact, in the very first epi of Smallville, (and I only know this because I got season 1 on DVD for Christmas...I'll digress, which won't surprise anyone. Hubby gave to me. Don't think he realized that along with that gift, the house and all kids and all else would fall to him for the next week and 1/2. Ok,back to subject at hand) stumbling Clark weakened by Lana's krypto-necklace drops his books. Lana sees it's a philosophy book and asks "So which are you, Clark, man or superman?"
And he says, (this is so cool, because here's the entire premise of the show right here) "I haven't decided yet."

(I do know, really, that I love this show more than I should.)

Ok...Lynn, the Lois not being that suicidal comment. Please. Which one of us is delusional? Which Lois have you been watching, by the way? And then try to imagine her as a teenager...is it working? You see it now, right? Tell me you see it.

Love Chloe taking on Lionel. Stupid, stupid, stupid, but I love fiesty, driven, take no prisoners Chloe. Such a nice contrast to Lana, so soft, so whispery, so...pink sweater-ed. And so forever breaking our boy's heart! (more on this at conclusion of ramble...)

Oh, the SuperHearing. I'm with SQD, anything that gets us closer to Superman. Love this. Like the idea that his sight went and to compensate the hearing went up a notch. And the glasses! Just a general oh woo-hoo! to the glasses. Clark comes out with those frames on...

Jonathan and Martha helping him master the hearing. Good, good. And that the first thing he really zeroes in on is Chloe's voice...(interesting, yes? I'm just saying...) and that he gets her in such trouble because of it. Just like training wheels, he has to learn how to use it, and then how not to use it...

Didn't get enough Lex.

And very minor thing, really didn't think Pete look nearly relieved enough when Clark pulled him out of that trunk! I mean, man, that was close, right? Wouldn't know it by Pete's face, though.

I should stop now, shouldn't I?

Last thing, I swear. All the angst. All the poor Clark. It's so true. That sweet man cannot catch a break, but here's my take on it. It's that much sweeter knowing that Lois is coming. That he will find his place and his purpose. But all this stuff had to happen to make him search, right? To drive him towards the cape and tights.

Who better to become Superman than one who has evolved (get it) from the pathos of being...man.

Too heavy? Hey, if I'm using my degree in philosophy (at last), I'm going to get my money's worth!

CC

Oh, by the by, Lynn. Saw your email. We all got that, don't make too much of it. I gather it's from something called a 'vanity press.'
However, I much appreciate you clearing up the adams apple guy mystery!

Oh crap!

~Tank
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Where are you, Smallville Girls?
I'm right here!!!! wave

oh... blush

-Breanna (who always laughs at this because she joined the boards as "Smallville Girl" before the show "Smallville" even started!!!)

Top Banana
Top Banana
Hmmmm.

Note to self: When kids go off to college, encourage them to take philosophy courses instead of Scuba diving and ballroom dancing. Dang!

CC, you got your money's worth. I always thought Lois came up with "Superman." Double Dang!

I, myself, spent several thousands of hard earned dollars on an Advertising degree. So I think I'm going to have to put on my Advertising hat to make this sale.

NOW! New and Improved! //imagine flashy red lights around these words//

Nope, too hard without the visual. OK, well maybe I should ask for a refund.

Anyway, about that Chloe. There is a big, monumental difference between a full-grown woman with a secure job at the Daily Planet taking on Lionel Luthor and a relatively powerless high-school girl confronting him. In his own office, no less.

The Lois I know takes a bunch of risks and acts pretty foolhardy, but usually it's because she's convinced that there's really no danger in it as far as she's concerned. She's a reporter, therefore detached, therefore immune.

However, our little Chloe knows better. She has at least some, small tiny idea of what Lionel Luthor is capable of. Not that I would want her to run for the hills, but for crying out loud, at least act like you might be cooperating with the man. Then go behind his back and totally blow him up with the story. That's the Lois way.

As for Lois being in college right now - I don't have a problem with a Lois that's a couple of years older than Clark. In fact, that would add to the believability of her looking at him as a "hack from nowheresville" even more so - not only is he from nowheresville, he's just a kid.

I'm still not going to hold my breath waiting for Gough and Millar to bring Lois on board. I don't think they plan to take Clark that far, and it would really be pushing our tolerance to have him meet Lois is some backdoor way. From what I understand, this is currently planned for five years, but TW doesn't want to go so far as to donning the suit or taking flight, so I see him jumping ship long before Lois would have come on the scene. Then again, this is another world that they've created, and Lois could turn out to be the girl working behind the counter at the local Mighty Taco. <Not that there's anything wrong with that.>

Yes, CC, having Clark suffer the pain now only makes the joy of his eventual happiness all the sweeter. In fact, knowing that eventually he finds Lois and falls madly in love with her is the only thing that keeps me from crying every time I see Tom's big, sad, puppy-dog eyes when he looks longingly after Lana The Pink. But sometimes we need a little bit of sunshine between all of those rain clouds. It's even sunny in Seattle sometimes.

And one last thing. I'll have you know that that e-mail from one "TW" is the bonafide real thing. Just wait and see. You'll be sorry for doubting me...<do I sound like Lex?>

[I do know, really, that I love Tom Welling more than I should. Sadly, though, he doesn't love me nearly enough.]

Oh yes, Lex. Truly, I'm not sure what to think about Lex after last night. But I have a scary feeling that pretty soon, I'm going to start not liking him, and that is so sad. I like liking Lex.

Lynn

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
(I do know, really, that I love this show more than I should.)
Okay, I couldn't t even finish reading the rest of her post because I just had to stop and agree. Yep, I really think she does love it more that ANYONE should. :rolleyes:

Still it at least give us better entertainment than the series itself does. laugh

Ahem. I shall go crawl back into my hole now.

Beverly

BevBB :-)
"B. B. Medos"
Top Banana
Top Banana
And how about him hearing Lana the Pink crying as she drove away?

Just one more thing for the angst mill, but I really loved that. And his breathless "oh" when she tells him she's met someone...Just could hear his heart go ker-plud.

I agree with you here, Lynn. Read those words. Look them over. They look funny, kinda? But I do. Our boy needs a bit of something good...Perhaps he and...dare I name her...can start "exploring" their friendship? That can only be good, right? I mean, right up until Lionel has her killed.

((On Lois being older, in college, "out there," rather than under his nose as Chloe...yeah, yeah, yeah. You see, the producers don't want you to know who Chloe is, see, because if we know, then where's the tension in that love triangle? So, they just sent up that red herring...am I right? I'm right, right?? (Don't wake me, I like it here.)))

I still think that was very Lois of Chloe, going after Lionel that way. I just don't see our Lois as cautious in any way, especially when backed into a corner.

I can't wait to see how this will play, though.

But here's the most important thing, that email, Lynn? You're sure now? I need you to double check it, because if it's legit, I can backtrack with the best of them.

And remember this, scuba diving and ballroom dancing are things you can use practically every day! Me, I sit around waiting, no, aching, for someone to ask me to explain transformative visions in writings by people long dead...dang it, it doesn't come up as often as you'd think it would.

CC

edit- While I was waxing away on all things Smallville, Beverly snuck in and had this to say
Yep, I really think she does love it more that ANYONE should
If it wasn't so true I might take offense! wink But it's true, it's horribly, terribly true...ok, I'm off to find my life now. I know I put it down somewhere...

Oh crap!

~Tank
Top Banana
Top Banana
And remember this, scuba diving and ballroom dancing are things you can use practically every day!
And I do! Every day.

Excuse me, but I have to go pick up my ballgown at the dry cleaners.

Lynn

Top Banana
Top Banana
I was just thinking you'd be the most popular girl on the entire cruise ship.

And me? Off in the corner thinking deeply...

CC (who needs to go back to college, do it all over again)

Oh crap!

~Tank
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I didn't like the glasses they chose in the beginning...but they grew on me :p

If Lois shows up in Smallville (and isn't Chloe) she'll probably be Lex's girlfriend.
<eg> something tells me we'll be hearing about Lois very soon. <eg>

-Breanna Kay

Top Banana
Top Banana
something tells me we'll be hearing about Lois very soon. <eg>
Breanna, you must tell us what you know!!
Subtle hinting won't do...

Please?

CC

Oh crap!

~Tank
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yeah, you can't come in our sandbox and throw around hints that you might know something and then not share every juicy detail! We'll put our lollypops in your hair if you don't fess up.

See CC - I think when we join forces, we're even better than the Wonder Twins.

Lynn
also known as Julie McCoy, your Cruise Director

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Breanna, you must tell us what you know!!
Subtle hinting won't do...
LOL

Ok, CC.... But only read it if you don't mind spoilers wink

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

Ok...Spoiler for part of next week's, yes you heard me (um...read) next week's episode:
* Chloe wants to print an article on the Summerholt Institute that she's done her homework on, but Max will only do it if she uses a pseudonym. She turns in a name, that she tells Max is her cousin's name. "She won't mind," Chloe says. Yes, you read it here first - Chloe Sullivan calls herself by *that* name!
http://www.kryptonsite.com/smallvillespoilers.htm

And:
Alfred Gough confirmed at the Comic-Con International in San Diego that Chloe Sullivan is Lois Lane's cousin.
I got this one from http://www.shockers.addr.com/note.html , though I knew about it previously from reading it in an interview in a magazine two years ago...I just needed somewhere to quote wink

OK, so she's not in Smallville, yet. But we hear about her, and her connection to Chloe.

Lynn...can I have a lollipop now? smile1

-Breanna

Top Banana
Top Banana
For that, Breanna, you can have all of the lollipops!

So, Chloe will call herself Lois, (clinging to that bit of fantasy steadfastly) but Lois is her cousin....hmmm.

Ok, but maybe her cousin disappears through a time window, falls into a parallel universe, it could happen! And then Chloe just...keeps the name?

Can't wait. And Breanna, YOU are our new cruise director.

Sorry, Lynn, take the ballgown off. It was getting wrinkled anyway.

CC (ok, so maybe, just maybe, and probably not, but still, maybe Chloe isn't Lois. But if she's her cousin, I was pretty darn close, right? Am I right...? Anyone?)

Oh crap!

~Tank
Top Banana
Top Banana
OK, Breanna, pick your flavor. You've definitely earned a lollypop. And if you keep giving us these little tidbits, I may even break out the tootsie pops.

CC - I am hurt to the core that you've given my job away. Yesterday I went and got new air for my scuba tank..and..<choke>..even bought...a new <sob>..bikini...Guess Tom will just have to cheer me up tomorrow night. <sniff>.

I digress. About that Chloe = Lois thing. First, Chloe's gonna get herself in a heap of trouble impersonating her cousin. Cause if Smallville!Lois is anything like LnC!Lois, she's gonna be mighty put out that her cousin was using her name.

Here's what I predict - write this down and seal it in an envelope and then in a few years, after the Smallville Series Finale: Clark Kent - The Geriatric Years we'll see how right I was.

I predict that Chloe will use Lois's name and do some really whacky stuff that will get the real Lois in a heap 'o mis-identification trouble. And then darling Clark will need to protect the fair Ms. Lane who will not appreciate his interference in the slightest, setting up the classic Liberated-Damsel-In-Distress-Falls-For-Hero-Despite-Her-Initial-Dislike-Of-Said-Hero Scenario.

Chloe will be killed by Lionel, throwing Clark into a tailspin of guilt. And this one I would bet money on.

Just remember - you heard it here first.

Lynn

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard