Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
lynnm Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
When I saw the number of posts, I figured Lynn had just been arguing with herself while I sat in the PTA meeting.
Hey, there's nothing wrong with that! Some of my most interesting conversations....shut up...it is not your turn to type...have been with, well, me.

OK, yes, I come clean. I stand before you and admit that I had a problem with Sun-In. But you gotta understand, I was only fifteen. I didn't know about the brassy streaks. Honest. I just wanted a few highlights and the sun, well, it's natural, you know?

So I give Chloe her "gentlemen prefer blonds" phase. Still, unless something happens in the next season or two where I start seeing some sparks between AM and TW, I'm just not buying that she's Future!Lois. Of course, there was kind of one really good kiss when they were in the medical records room and that guy walked in...

Birdie - you nailed it. It's those dang bangs! TPTB trying to bring 26-year-old Tom down to mid-teens are grasping at straws, but at least they throw us a bone every once in a while, ala Exile and Relic, when we get a Tom in full, bang-less glory. And they even try to make it up to us by throwing in some black shirts and bare-nekkid chest. What can I say? I'm easy.

PS - Thanks for the links.

I hereby solemnly swear that I will not click on any of Birdie's Most Excellent Smallville Fanfic Links until I have read all eligible Kerth Stories and the entire stack in my To Read folder, including the epic masterpiece, Masques, which has been started but not yet completed. God Bless America.

Shelley - I, too, am blessed with the amazing ability to view a 55" Tom Welling. If my husband had his way, it would be a full 65". But of course, he also would have gotten tired of cleaning lip marks off the screen, so it wasn't too hard to convince him that maybe smaller was actually better in this case.

Yeah, I notice that CC is kind of quiet now. I'm thinking she finally came around to the Lynn Is Always Right way of thinking. See, CC, that wasn't so bad.

/me wipes her hands, acknowledging a job well done. Now, how to go about converting the world to using only one space after periods...

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Just for you, Bev. You can find it here: Meteor Redux .
Thank you very much. Now, maybe this will keep Mark busy so he'll stop bugging me to read that Hudson/Lex fic. He actually had the nerve to tell me that if I read it I'd then know what kind of romance he might like to read. I can't even WATCH the series but I'm supposed to make myself read one of the fanfics from it!?! grumble

Children. They have no gratitude for simply giving them life. wink

Beverly

BevBB :-)
"B. B. Medos"
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yeah, I notice that CC is kind of quiet now. I'm thinking she finally came around to the Lynn Is Always Right way of thinking. See, CC, that wasn't so bad.
I cannot live on this thread, Lynn, correcting all of your wrongs. It is just too taxing!

The Sun-In thing, me too. Mandatory for all 15 year olds, I think. And the bright orange result? Who knew??

But this is what I've really been pondering.

I thought about being the voice of reason; I still think TW looks, well... like an anorexic adolescent girl who's had collagen injections in her lips.
Despite the use of a semi-colon, our friend Laura has thrown down the gauntlet. You and I might just have to...gulp...join forces!

CC (though this certainly wouldn't change your wrongness)

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
Merriwether
Merriwether
Wow, I did the Sun-in thing in high school, too ... luckily I never had any crises of the orange variety. You know, sometimes I'm tempted to say that Lynn, CC and I were all separated at birth but then I remember their love of darker fanfics and, even more shocking, their love of Tom Welling, and I must face the truth. Oh, well, maybe we can be fraternal triplets ... you know, the kind who love to bicker but when push comes to shove, they'd, well, OK, shove their sister out of the way to get to the cute guy first. Um, moving on ...

Birdie, thanks for all those links. I loved that Lois/Clark story. Short but very sweet. Too bad whoever that is doesn't write for our fandom. (Hmm, though, hey, maybe she does ... /me casts a suspicious eye on the other posters on this thread.) If they update that "Chloe is Lois" site with any decent fanfic, please let me know!

Beverly, I'd respond, but I'm laughing too hard. Sorry, I tried to stop myself. No, really, I did!

And Laura, thanks for the link to your story. I was ROTFL. But even funnier is that they nominated it for best comedy in their fandom. That's just priceless.

Kathy (shuddering at the mere idea of a 55" Tom Welling, though a life size Dean Cain is a *very* enticing fantasy.)

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
And Laura, thanks for the link to your story. I was ROTFL. But even funnier is that they nominated it for best comedy in their fandom. That's just priceless.
Reading the story - I could see how it got nominated as "Best Comedy".

There is a huge contigent in the Smallville fandom that hates Lana and/or the Clark/Lana romance. Since the story centers around the two chucklehead twins getting pancked after their little frolic int he meadows - then I could see many in Smallville fandom being happy with that result.

"Let us remember that there is a creative force in this universe, working to pull down the gigantic mountains of evil, a power that is able to make a way out of no way and trasform dark yesterdays into bright tomorrows. Let us realize the arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice."
-- Martin Luther King Jr.
Features Writer
Features Writer
CC called me a spectator. Well, I'm pulling up my lawn chair and digging into those margaritas that KathyB so kindly brought with her, because, ladies, I am having a blast reading this thread. *So* much more fun than watching the show. I've burst out laughing I don't know how many times...

As for the Tom Welling versus Dean Cain debate. I don't know if you've ever seen my "impossible choice post", but in case you haven't, I openly admit that if Tom Welling and Dean Cain were to arrive on my doorstep (tonight preferably because my husband's out of town) and told me to choose one of them to be my devoted love slave, I'd never be able to choose. Dean is buff and beautiful and just...yum...and exactly my age.
Hey, Lynn, did they show up at your house last night? Because my husband is out of town tonight, so it'd be just fine if the "loser" - which therefore better be Dean - showed up at my house tonight... He is, unfortunately, 9 years younger than I am, and maybe that's part of my problem with Tom, because he is *so* much younger than I am...

I thought about being the voice of reason; I still think TW looks, well... like an anorexic adolescent girl who's had collagen injections in her lips.
But no, it's definitely not just the age thing...as LauraBF rightly points out, and even includes a semi-colon (as CC noticed). Laura, I'm with you here! smile

Birdie, thanks for the link to the Lois/Clark story. That was very sweet. Would that be popular in the Smallville fandom? I understand there is a large contingent that loathes Lana, but aren't those same people who would be urging a Clark/Chloe pairing?

And Laura, I loved the way you killed almost everybody off. I guess the Smallville fandom likes whams too! goofy

Beverly, I literally cracked up at your line about children. rotflol I'm definitely going to have to remember that whenever my 11-year-old drives me crazy, which is of course almost every day...

Kathy (repeating KathyB's mantra: Dean Cain -- Yum! Michael Rosenbaum - Yum! Tom Welling -- I'd rather eat broccoli because it really works for me...)

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Birdie, thanks for the link to the Lois/Clark story. That was very sweet. Would that be popular in the Smallville fandom?
Not really because Lois is still such an "unknown quality" on Smallville. Most people in the fandom know the future and know Lois from other incarnations and know that she plays a huge part in it but since she has yet to appear in Smallville she really doesn't appear in many fics.

Also, in the Smallville fandom, many of those who like Lois truly believe she is already on our screens every week - she just has a different name and differnt hair color! wink

I understand there is a large contingent that loathes Lana, but aren't those same people who would be urging a Clark/Chloe pairing?
Either Clark/Chloe or Clark/Lex. Although some of them who dislike Lana now dislike Clark for choosing her over Chloe and now "ship" Chloe/Lex.

"Let us remember that there is a creative force in this universe, working to pull down the gigantic mountains of evil, a power that is able to make a way out of no way and trasform dark yesterdays into bright tomorrows. Let us realize the arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice."
-- Martin Luther King Jr.
lynnm Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Despite the use of a semi-colon, our friend Laura has thrown down the gauntlet. You and I might just have to...gulp...join forces!
CC - sssshhhhhhttttt! If we work our magic on her, she'll want us to share.

KathyB - I do think we were triplets, separated at birth. But perhaps you suffered some sort of trauma that made you wary of angsty fics and good looking men over 6 feet tall. It's OK, sis. We can work with you on these problems. Just...come home.

KathyM - SQD made a good point. It's all about the stamina. And young men are highly trainable.

But sadly, neither Tom nor Dean arrived last night despite the enticement of my hubby being away. They must have missed my e-mails. And I have to tell you, I would have probably locked the "loser" in the basement for later. <sigh> I know. I'm stingy.

I used to be a Clark/Lana don't-care-if-they-have-a-fling-because-in-the-end-he-loves-Lois person. Now I'm a Die-Lana-Die person because TPTB keep shoving her down my throat.

The one other problem I have with the Chloe is Lois scenario - I always loved that it was Love At First Sight with Clark when he saw Lois. Of course, maybe that's just the way it was presented in LnC. But if they made Chloe into Lois, it's more of the love-was-right-under-my-nose-all-this-time scenario, which doesn't hold nearly the impact IMHO. I want to see that electric moment when Clark first meets Lois.

Perhaps Chloe could move away, get a complete body and face plastic-surgery makeover and become a new woman. With dark hair. Oh, yeah. And get electro-shock therapy so she loses all memory of high school and her crazy friend Clark who had all of those secrets and was always snatching people from the jaws of death just like that new guy...Super-what's-his-name. Hmmmmm? Hey, wait a minute...

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
Top Banana
Top Banana
But Lynn, I've read that one!

(Was that you? It was very clever)

Chloe gives up on ever getting Clark's attention, despite a cozy moment or two. She moves to..well..you know...dyes her hair and starts over with the new name of, well, you know.

(Now the memory wipe stuff wasn't in there, but I like it, you have the makings of a fine episode, blame those confounded meteor rocks, they do the strangest things...)

So they meet up again years later, after things with Lana have gone icky and he is alone and Super. And- shazam- it's love.

Sigh. A favorite of mine. Didn't know that was you. Would have sent you feedback.

CC

edit- I have got to stop checking this thread! Try to pull myself away, but every time I come by the numbers have grown. And here we thought we were alone in the sandbox, turns out it's a party.

Oh crap!

~Tank
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Okay, I got curious and had to check out Meteor Redux. (Blame it on loyalty to a sister FOLC because it sure isn't due to that series . . . wink )

OH . . . MY . . . GAWD!

I laughed so hard I had to have a quick bathroom break just so I could laugh some more. That is absolutely priceless, Laura. thumbsup

Now, wonder who I have to bribe to get that turned into the series finale? I now have a mission in life. evil

Beverly

BevBB :-)
"B. B. Medos"
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Why, thank you, Bev. evil I enjoyed killing off UnClark, UnJonathan, UnMartha, UnLana, and messing up the rest of them.

Laura (who really *hates* Smallville)

“Rules only make sense if they are both kept and broken. Breaking the rule is one way of observing it.”
--Thomas Moore

"Keep an open mind, I always say. Drives sensible people mad, I know, but what did we ever get from sensible people? Not poetry or art or music, that's for sure."
--Charles de Lint, Someplace to Be Flying
Columnist
Columnist
Okay, I just watched the ep, so I'm jumping head first into this thread; I'll take a strawberry margarita and a side of Tom Welling. laugh

In all seriousness, there really is only one fair way to settle the dispute about who gets to keep Tom... the person who lives closest to Vancouver (where they film Smallville) wins. If a tie breaker is needed, the person who is within five years of his age without going over is the winner. I'm weighing in at 21.5 years in Seattle. Anyone closer than that? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Nope, I didn't think so. Sorry ladies, but you'll just have to settle for watching me make out with him.

Anyway, moving on to the episode. I thought it was really good except that it left things too happy at the end. What I mean by that is, they had Lex all furious at Clark, which could have been the perfect set up for the Lex of the future, but the end of the ep had him friends with Clark again. What's up with that? These two need to have a serious parting of ways, and fast.

I have to agree with... someone... I'm too lazy to go back and re-read the thread to find out who... I think it was either Lynn or CC... anywho, I liked the return of the former freaks of the weeks. It was really good for them to have some continuity and show that the FOWs didn't just disappear into thin air; they end up somewhere. That, and the fact that Jonathan Taylor Thomas and the guy that they killed are both so yummy.

Other than that I thought the ep was pretty much the same as all of the Smallville eps: too much Lana, too much Bo Duke, not enough Pete, and not enough Chloe.

If I bite off anymore projects or obsessions, I'm going to have to look into cloning.
Eeesh! I should have thought of that before I dove into the One Tree Hill Fandom. Now I'm up to my hair in a website, reviews, music videos... the list goes on.

Wait, I think I hear something... it sounds vaguely like my name... almost like... no, that couldn't be it... could it? Oh no! It's RL! Run for your life! I mean... run for your fandom!!

~Anna (who didn't get a chance to watch TW on Shelley's 55, but did get to watch James Lafferty on it. Yum!)

Columnist
Columnist
I popped in my tape yesterday all siked to see this ep and guess what! Nothing! My daughter recorded static! mad razz Kids!

Although I won't be able to give my opinion of this episode, I am enjoying this thread. You guys are priceless. Lynn, while I would have probably grumbled about some of it, I'd have still liked it overall. I've seen bad episodes, but I still like them. What can I say? I'm a Smallville junkie.

So, maybe next week girls!

Top Banana
Top Banana
SQD, the tragedy!!

Why do we even have these kids if they can't work the VCR?

However, you still get extra credit just for the effort. (I am a generous grader.)

And for even liking the bad episodes, you get double. (I like them, too!)

And Anna, you agreed with me on continuity and the freaks. Hurray! For you, loads of bonus points.

I see your point about the episode ending too happily, the rift that needs to grow, but I was glad. I'm not ready, yet. I want our Clark and Lex friends for as long as possible.

And I wonder how much Lex really does remember. And all that rage has to come out somewhere. I think we're set up nicely for that.

CC

Oh crap!

~Tank
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Although I missed the episode, I've been enjoying this thread, also. But on a different note, I read this morning that Christopher Reeve will be returning to Smallville this season.

That was one of my favorite episodes of Smallville last year and I'm looking forward to seeing him return.

Missy

Columnist
Columnist
CC, I used a semicolon too! Do I get extra points for that? laugh

~Anna

lynnm Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
CC! Just quit it already. Stop sending these people large amounts of money and copious quantities of chocolate just so they'll publically agree with you! Sheesh, even SQD who watched an hour of static agreed with you. I smell conspiracy here!

That's OK, though. I can handle defeat. You may have won the battle but you haven't won the war. And I have a secret weapon up my sleeve for next week.

Secret message to Kathy, Shelley, SQD and Anna:
Ifway ouyay agreeway ithway emay onway extnay eek'sway episodeway, Iway illway inviteway ouyay otay ymay ivatepray Omtay Ellingway artypay erewhay ehay illway ebay atway ymay ousehay. Akednay. Eallyray. Onesthay.

OK, that's all. Good night.
Lynn

Columnist
Columnist
Hey, Lynn, you might enjoy next week's ep! And I'll be watched and ready to comment-- honestly. If I don't like something, I will definitely say so.

SQD (who is still trying to figure out what my daughter did dizzy )

Merriwether
Merriwether
Forget the semi-colons ... I think Lynn wins on sheer endurance for typing that message in Pig Latin. ROTFL!!!!

Kathy

Top Banana
Top Banana
After deciphering the secret code, Lynn, I'm coming too!

But just in case you aren't entirely on the up and up, I'm not accusing, I'm just saying...I can offer all those who agree with me bazillions of extra credit points.

Think about it...It goes on your permanent record. Counts towards your diploma...

C;C

Oh crap!

~Tank
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard