#198990 01/13/04 04:56 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if the TV show "Remington Steele, pi" was available on VHS or DVD.

I couldn't find it in France, nor on the web (but everybody know I'm not a techie nerd :p ).

I also went to the F3 headquarters (the french channel who aired the serie) to ask them how I could get it, and they sent me back to MTM Studios in London...who told me that, to their knowledge, it wasn't available. But that was five years ago, and I so like this serie that I couldn't quite accept this deadend answer.

F3 reruns it from time to time, usually during the summer, but the reruns' programmation (like their end) comes completely out of the blue... and makes taping eps useless for you can't plan it.

I checked RS related sites to and...still no luck.

So, thanks in advance for replying,

Carole smile1

#198991 01/13/04 04:20 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Would you believe I have about 5-6 VHS tapes under my bed with old Remington Steele episodes? But if you're from France I don't believe they would be compatible with the machines there. frown

I always enjoyed that show. There was sexual tension similar to Lois and Clark's. And of course Laura Holt and Lois Lane share the same mother. rotflol

Marilyn
Check out our blog at www.writingplayground.blogspot.com
#198992 01/13/04 04:53 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I never watched the show, but I came across something that makes me wish I did. smile

Remington and Laura and Lois and Clark

Julie smile

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
#198993 01/13/04 05:19 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
clap

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
#198994 01/13/04 10:21 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
5-6 VHS tapes under my bed with old Remington Steele episodes?
"No," she manages to say. She hesitates, then, "No, no thank you. I –" She makes her escape barely in time to avoid the obvious temptation. ("Steele sweet on you" or the chocolate dilemma).

I always enjoyed that show. There was sexual tension similar to Lois and Clark's. And of course Laura Holt and Lois Lane share the same mother.
I couldn't help but compare and link both shows either. The similarities are quite interesting: the sexual tension in RS also reminds me a bit of Moonlightening (not sure about the orthograph).

I like the rythm of the show's dialogs, the repartee in it. Sometimes it felt like watching a theater play (or a tennis match) with 'tit for tat' replies.

Then, of course the Laura/Lois more than alike character's...and it's not all about mothers laugh . Not to mention Clark/ Remington ones (or should I say Bogart, Humphrey Bogart)? Only Clark doesn't have 5 fakes passeports :p

I also like how Remington always (trie to) solve a case by relating it to a MGM movie while Laura thinks rationnally, and how the tables are turned when L/R's relation becomes...less professionnal.

And Beverly Garland did also portrayed Mrs King's mother in (what's the english title?) er...Scarecrow and Miss King? ('the housewife that becomes a spy' TV show).

Well, thanks for your replies. I guess I'll have to go back to reading RS scripts then wink

Carole smile1 (who couldn't help noticing Fred the chauffeur was played by Blake... Clark).

PS: amazing site Julie! Then it really is Scarecrow and Mrs King <g>.

PPS: apart for Beverly Garland and James Read, I never notices the 'cast share' between both shows.

#198995 01/13/04 11:41 PM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I really enjoyed this show until they did the makeover on it. It was never the same once James Read (another LNC connection there) and whatsishername left (the one who played Laura's secretary). Mildred just transformed the whole show into farce for me.

And then, of course, there were the infamous cast problems, which spoiled it for me completely.

For all that, I only ever saw a handful of episodes from the 'good' seasons. It would be fun to see the ones I missed. On screen, at least, they were good together.

LabRat (wandering over to Amazon....)

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#198996 01/13/04 11:58 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
whatsishername
I guess it's Janet Demay, who played Mrs Wolf in the first seas?

True it wasn't the same with Mildred but...I kinda liked the Antony Roselli/ Felicia or Shannon-can't-remember-her-name intrusions...Kinda reminds me of Scardino/Mayson's characters.

Carole smile1

#198997 01/14/04 04:17 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Felicia...

Yes, she was played by Cassandra Harris who was married to Pierce Brosnan. She died from ovarian cancer in 1991. She also was a Bond girl (like Teri Hatcher) in "For Your Eyes Only."

Marilyn
Check out our blog at www.writingplayground.blogspot.com

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard