Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Kitty Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
For the past week I've been looking on ebay auction and Yahoo auctions, I just can't find a Motorola V300 phone. There are only auction on ebay for Links to a site for purchasing it at $35. I'm tempted to actually buy the stupid link.

Since my first choice of phone didn't work, I also searched on ebay for a Samsung v205 camera phone. and no luck.

Then I searched on ebay for my third choice of phone. A Samsung E715 T-Mobile Camera Phone. I got the same problem again.

I'm just about to choke myself in frustration and get mad . So if anyone can help me locate one of the three. I would really appreciate it.

Top Banana
Top Banana
These are the links I found, although they are not $35. smile hope this helps a bit.

Motorola v300

Samsung E715

Julie

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
Kitty Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Thanks. I'll check it again soon. I already have T-mobile, so I'm not sure if I'm eligible for one of the rebate.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
i'm not sure if you can just buy a phone and have it work with your service. most cell companies i know want you to get the phone from them. if you just buy a phone, you'd own it, but it wouldn't actually work. you couldn't make calls from it or get calls or anything.

i'd ask your service provider (t mobile or whatever) if you can do that before going and buying a phone. while i was talking to them, i'd ask what phones i could get through them. i'd tell them i wanted to upgrade my phone and ask what options i had. they might well have a rebate program or something that would let you get your phone very cheaply, maybe even free.

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Before you just buy a cellphone, you need to figure out which company you want to get service from and whether that phone will work with their service. I've had service with 3 different cellphone companies in the last 5 years and all three used different phones. Last month I switched to Verizon and was surprised that I was able to get one of those cute little flip phones for $15 (actually they were $29.99 -- buy one get one free and my husband and I each needed a phone). It's not a camera phone but I don't need a camera phone. I'm amazed at the people I know who have cell phone bills that rival my house payment! We have basic service with 400 minutes a month that we share, with unlimited weekends and mobile to mobile. Anyway, I digress.

Check with the service provider to see what phones will work with their service and what kind of deal they might have on phones at the moment.

And as for what to do with your old cellphones -- donate them to a women's shelter or give them to an elderly family member. The law requires that any cellphone be able to dial 911 -- as long as you have a charge on the battery and a signal -- even if the service has been disconnected. I gave my old T-Mobile Nokia phone to my mom to carry with her when she drives.

Marilyn
Check out our blog at www.writingplayground.blogspot.com
Top Banana
Top Banana
Actually, and unless it's very different in the US, I was able to choose the phone I wanted. I paid a lot for it, because I bought it empty then transferred my old SIM card into it, and buying an empty phone is a lot more expensive than buying one with a contract with a phone provider. But unless I'm mistaken, it's doable.

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
Merriwether
Merriwether
Unfortunately, Kae, Marilyn and Paul are right ... there is no one standard in the US at this time. So while one's existing phone might work with a given provider, it also might not.

The cheapest way to get a phone is to get one free or at a reduced price when you sign a contract with a provider, but that generally requires a 1 or 2 year commitment. Alternatively, some companies off "pay as you go" phone card type service, where you buy a certain number of minutes and only buy new minutes when they expire or are used up. (I've used both methods.) But again, you have to check with the provider to make sure the phone you have will be compatible with their system.

Kathy

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard