Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#198637 11/29/03 10:27 AM
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
metwin1 and I wish to buy a certain DVD for our little sister in Singapore for Christmas. Maybe even the soundtrack too.

However, this movie is a French movie by the title "Le Papillon". The only place we've seen so far that actually sells this is amazon.fr. Which is not very helpful as we are French illiterate.

We are in Toronto, Canada now. HMV and Sam the Record Man do not have it. Are there any other places we could try?

If we have no other option, we'll have to buy the DVD and soundtrack off Amazon.fr. However we cannot understand the French specifications on the website. Will someone please translate the tech specs of the DVD? Important information for us are:

1)Are there English subtitles for the DVD?
2)What are the shipping charges?

Can you guys also recommend any music/video store (online or otherwise) that we could try?

Thanks,
--meclone2--

#198638 11/29/03 11:08 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Wish 'Papillon' in movie and soundtrack?

MAF huh

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#198639 11/29/03 11:25 AM
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
The French one....I think it was released in 2002. Click on the links. They lead you to the Amazon.fr website.

--meclone2--

#198640 11/29/03 11:50 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hey! Try this. Google translates pages and the links are translated, too, so this should make it a lot easier.

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
#198641 11/29/03 07:54 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
my french is rusty, but from what i can see, there aren't any subtitles on the one from amazon.fr.

as for shipping, that'll depend on where you want it to go. if you put it in your shopping cart, give it a shipping address, and tell it what kind of shipping you'd like, it should give you the charges.

i checked imdb. i found the page about the movie easily enough, but it doesn't have much more in the way of useful info that i can find. no links to buy it, and even the little box to buy the movie or the soundtrack from amazon (US, canadan, UK, or germany) isn't showing anything.

i don't know too much about canadian video stores, but if amazon.ca doesn't have it, i doubt you'll find it in another major store.

btw, i should note that my search on imdb turned up another movie by the same title released a year later. that was a 4 minute cartoon short. so, if you do find the right title, be sure to double-check.

anyway, going back to amazon.fr, i see it says the dvd is zone 2 only. i'm not sure, but i'd guess that it's only been released in zone 2. otherwise, i'd expect they'd have a link or something for those interested in other versions. so, with that and the fact that it's not turning up on amazon.com and the fact that amazon's imdb links to amazon.ca, amazon.uk, and amazon.de aren't showing anything either, i'd say it's probably only out in france.

sorry i can't be of any more help.

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
#198642 11/29/03 08:21 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Only just saw this... Meclone2, Paul is right. The movie as it's been released doesn't have any option for English subtitles. Unfortunately it's very often the case for French films released only in France: they're not made for exportation so the producers don't see the need to add other languages. frown

Standard shipping (12 to 15 days) to Singapore would be charged €14.90 (before taxes - sorry, those shipping taxes aren't specified on the website, because they depend on the country of destination), and express shipping (2 to 6 days) is charged €20.85 (again, before taxes)

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
#198643 11/30/03 06:51 AM
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
So I shouldn't buy the DVD, or rather, I should patiently wait for an international edition to be available.

Thanks Julie, Paul and Kaethel for your help!

Sigh, this means, we'll have to think of another Christmas present for our sister.

--meclone2--

#198644 12/01/03 01:56 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yup, right.

I got fooled by the international (and english sounding) translated title of the film "The Butterfly". Funny they didn't at least dubbed it in english for export... confused

Carole smile1

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard