Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
rivka Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
As some of you know, I took the first actuary exam back in May. (Passing will make me employable as an actuary .) Sadly, my score was not up to snuff.

So, this Thursday, I'm trying again.

I would appreciate it if you would: pray, keep me in your thoughts, send me good vibes, etc., during the test. (Especially the last two hours. Adrenaline and caffeine wear off after a while . . . wink )

The test is from 8:30 (AM) to 12:30 Pacific Time. (That's 11:30 (AM) to 3:30 Eastern, 3:30 (PM) - 7:30 GMT.)

Thanks. smile

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I'll be praying for you, Rivka!

Imagine.
Merriwether
Merriwether
Good luck, Rivka! Remember, even Clark didn't get the job the first time. smile I'll be sending good thoughts your way. smile
Kathy

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
good luck, rivka. i know a lot of good lawyers who didn't do so well on the bar first time 'round, either. hey, at least you know the test better this time. wink hope the extra study time has served you well. smile

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Good luck! Do well this time! smile

Julie

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
"Quit with the negative vibes, Moriarty!"

Sorry, just had to say that. A line from one of my favorite all-time movies. laugh (Or a paraphrasing thereof. wink )

Wafting good vibes your way, Rivka. We'll be rooting for ya!

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Top Banana
Top Banana
Rivka, you "go get 'em!"

I don't know why, but my dad always said that to me, and it worked.

Also, you will definitely be in my prayers.

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Luck!

But I'll bet you won't need luck, 'cause you've been working hard. Just try to stay calm, and remember we're all out here pulling for ya!

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Good luck, Rivka!

AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Good luck! I'll definitely hold a good thought for you!!!! thumbsup
Hugs, Wanda!

"He's a man. I'm a woman. Do you want me to draw you a diagram?" -Lois Lane, I've Got a Crush on You.
rivka Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Thanks, everyone. smile I love FOLCs! laugh

When I got a little panicky this morning (ack! this time tomorrow I'll be taking the test!), I took a deep breath, and thought of this thread.

I spent a few hours this afternoon reviewing with my mom. I'm feeling pretty good about the test this time. In a bit, I'm heading offline, reviewing a little more, and doing my best to get lots of sleep.

I think I'm going to do ok this time. smile

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Kerth
Kerth
Good Luck Riv!!!

thumbsup thumbsup

Jose hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Progress report?? You're about done now, aren't you? Do you feel good about how you did? smile

And when do you get official results?

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
rivka Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
I survived! laugh

I'm fairly sure that I did better than last time. I think I did enough better to pass.

Of course, the most FUN part of the experience was the razz evacuation drill. We started 30 minutes late, so at a few minutes past 11 we were just over half-way through. Alarms began to shriek, lights started to flash, and a voice came on the intercom. They wanted us to leave the building. :rolleyes: We stayed put, and the proctor eventually got them to turn off the alarms. Since the alarms were on for 5 minutes, he gave us an extra 5 minutes at the end. It was really hard to get my focus back, but I managed eventually.

Grades will be released Jan 9.

And tonight, I don't have to study AT ALL! jump

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
January 9th?? That's way too long to live in suspense...

But I'm glad to hear you're more confident about things this time smile thumbsup

PJ

"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
rivka Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
That's way too long to live in suspense...
I know! razz That's even longer than last time -- because of the holidays, I expect.

But I'm glad to hear you're more confident about things this time
I am too. laugh

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Good for you Rivka!!!! razz ).... but hopefully it'll be worth the wait!!

S (who is now sending the test graders the good energy wink )

"Well, let's see, so far I've been given a glimpse of ritual crop worship, treated as your girlfriend, and I insulted your parents. No, I couldn't have planned this. Mmm, mmm." -- Lois to Clark, 'Green, Green Glow of Home'
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
We stayed put,
frown Rivka, please, please - if only to humour me <g> - don't do this again? I know it's only human to say, 'Oh, it's only a drill.' and it can be inconvenient to respond and when I worked in an office there were times I was busy with something and grumbled about having to leave just for a stupid drill. So I do understand the temptations.

But with a firefighter husband, I've been infected with a horror and sinking heart every time I hear someone say they ignored a fire alarm. frown Every year, he and his colleagues deal with the tragic consequences of those who were complacent and assumed an alarm was nothing to take notice of and I'd hate for you (or any other FoLCs) to join those statistics. No matter who tells you to stay put and ignore it (and frankly I'm appalled at your examiner, who should know better!) - walk! Always, please, walk.

Anyway, glad to hear that you think you'd done well! thumbsup And hope that January 9th comes swiftly for you! wink

LabRat smile (who apologizes for getting all heavy and serious and lecturing <g>, but it's just one of those things that really disturbs her these days...)

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
rivka Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Labby, any other time, I would have gone -- even though the announcement said that it was a drill. But the proctor said not to go, and the next chance to take this test is in May. If we had gone, there would have been NO choice but to have our scores not counted.

In any case, it wasn't a fire drill, it was some security thing -- an "evacuation drill" for only two floors of the 16-floor building. And while security grumbled about it, they agreed to let us stay, and eventually even turned off the alarm.

Part of why it shattered my focus so completely was having to fight down the screaming voice in my head that said, "GO!"

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Merriwether
Merriwether
Grades will be released Jan 9.
Haven't these people ever heard of scan-trons???

Good luck, Rivka. I hope you passed with flying colors! You know, the blue kind, with a red cape and a yellow belt. smile

Kathy

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard