Found this on the net -- an officer in Iraq has noticed that most Iraqi children do not have toys. He has offered to distribute toys to these very needy children. This is a great opportunity to show the children of Iraq that we care about them and wish them peace and happiness!

Some no no toys:

Any guns of any kind
No violent action hereos
No violent toys
No barbie dolls or dolls skantily dressed
No toys that shoot something, no projectiles
No water guns
Lets just keep it simple, simple toys, just the basics, these kids have nothing.
Crayons might melt, so probably not the best thing to send. It was 107 degrees in Baghdad today.

Quick update from the first comment, Colored pencils would be wonderful!

Some other items that are nice are pencils, pens, paper to draw and color on.

Toothbrushes, toothpaste, floss, brushes, combs, etc.

Nice stuffed animals, other items.

Just use your good judgement, and if you are unsure, contact a local muslim group for help.

Lightly used items are wonderful. Please make sure they have been cleaned before sending.

Please remember, this is for kids age 0-18.

Please note, all items will be checked before handing out to insure safety.
This officer does not want to use his real name, so he's chosen to call himself Chief Wiggles.

Send toys to:

Chief Wiggles
c/o CPA Chaplain
CPA-C2, Debriefer
APO AE 09335

or, those in Australia can use this address:

Chief Wiggles
CPA Chaplain
CPA C2
AFPO 20, CHTF-7 CPA
ADF NSW 2890

From what I can tell, this is completely legitimate. There's a website for updates here: http://chiefwiggles.blog-city.com/

Note, this isn't just a toy drive site, the author has specific geo-political opinions that not everyone will agree with -- but I think we can all agree that sending toys is a great idea.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K