Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#198027 09/26/03 04:28 PM
HatMan Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
this weekend is rosh hashannah, aka jewish new year's. so, i thought i'd take this opportunity to wish everyone a happy, healthy, and sweet new year.

and here, as the symbol of that wish, is the best representation i could find on the spur of the moment of the traditional food of the new year's blessing...

[Linked Image]

happy new year! smile

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
#198028 09/26/03 06:19 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Yes, happy new year to all the Jewish FoLCs from this curious Gentile...

In another thread I got some good advice from you about places I can look to find out more about Judaism, including a couple of sites that have a Ask-a-Rabbi option - so I asked the Rabbi, but got no response... Do you have any other advice for me?

Melisma (still curious here under her Rock)

Do, or do not. There is no try.
- Yoda
#198029 09/29/03 02:06 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Shana tova u'metukah! (A good and sweet year!)

LOL, Paul, that picture came home on projects two of my kids brought home from school. laugh

Mel, try Judaism 101 . Or feel free to email me -- I'll do my best.

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
#198030 09/29/03 02:58 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Shana Tova everyone! LOL I spent my weekend explaining to people whats kosher and whats not- people were trying to feed me moose meat. huh And this girl made me teach her Hebrew expressions smile being multilingual is cool cool But I didn't get to spend Rosh Hashana with my family frown

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard