Jaxie Offline OP
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
And last up for the night . . . Part 8!

Jaxie [Linked Image]

I'm too young and boyish to go to jail. - "Top Copy"

Who's your buddy, huh, who's your pal? - "Tempus Fugitive"

Chief, instead of always standing around watching Lois and Clark, wondering what they're doing, what if we got lives of our own that were a little more interesting? - "And the Answer Is . . ."
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Does anyone think that this is the most stupid idea they ever heard of?

Now I realize that at the time-Linda was just a secret id for Supergirl, just like Clark Kent was only a secret id for Superman, but now that we've had L&C it just seems ridiculous!!!

James :rolleyes:

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Jaxie Offline OP
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
Does anyone think that this is the most stupid idea they ever heard of? Now I realize that at the time-Linda was just a secret id for Supergirl, just like Clark Kent was only a secret id for Superman, but now that we've had L&C it just seems ridiculous!!!
James, I agree wholeheartedly with you. I was posting this comic story to illustrate how stupid the whole premise was for the characters (in this case, Linda) to have their 'secret identities' be the 'human' part of them, and not the superhero part. Especially after seeing Lois and Clark, it just seems to further dehumanize the superheroes, not to mention making Jimmy (and Lois, in Clark's case) look bad by trying to get them to fall in love with someone else other than the person they married (even though we know they're really one person).

It's like what Clark said to Lois after she found out he was Superman: he wanted to make sure that Lois loved *Clark* - not Superman, but Clark - and then he was going to tell her everything.

And even still, though it was Pre-Crisis DC comics, it still should have not been promoting possible adultery (Linda trying to get her husband to fall in love with another woman).

Just my $0.02.

Jaxie

I'm too young and boyish to go to jail. - "Top Copy"

Who's your buddy, huh, who's your pal? - "Tempus Fugitive"

Chief, instead of always standing around watching Lois and Clark, wondering what they're doing, what if we got lives of our own that were a little more interesting? - "And the Answer Is . . ."

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard