Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Jaxie Offline OP
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
Here's Part 3. I'm going to try to post a few tonight; there's a total of . . . 17 parts.

[Linked Image]

Jaxie

I'm too young and boyish to go to jail. - "Top Copy"

Who's your buddy, huh, who's your pal? - "Tempus Fugitive"

Chief, instead of always standing around watching Lois and Clark, wondering what they're doing, what if we got lives of our own that were a little more interesting? - "And the Answer Is . . ."
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
These are fascinating, Jaxie - thanks for posting!

The one problem I have with the strips is that the writer is both showing and telling, so we're getting far too much exposition, what with the dialogue, thought-bubbles, pictures and the editorial narrative. Did they think readers needed to have things rammed home several times before we could follow what's going on? goofy

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Jaxie Offline OP
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
The one problem I have with the strips is that the writer is both showing and telling, so we're getting far too much exposition, what with the dialogue, thought-bubbles, pictures and the editorial narrative. Did they think readers needed to have things rammed home several times before we could follow what's going on?
I know what you mean, Wendy. Another thing that irks me is Jimmy's behavior . . . I never liked the Pre-Crisis Jimmy Olsen, and how they wrote him in this story just made me want to slap him around:

"There goes Lucy dancing with a handsome pilot. Who cares, I'd be a chump to chase her now, after I've met a living doll like Linda! Lucy's never appreciated me, but Linda thinks I'm great!"

Now, I do love the pair up between Jimmy and Linda, but the way Jimmy's behavior is in this comic strip is just . . . it makes you want to just scream and agree with Tank why he hated Jimmy in the comics - you might not really see it now, but you will later on.

Jaxie

I'm too young and boyish to go to jail. - "Top Copy"

Who's your buddy, huh, who's your pal? - "Tempus Fugitive"

Chief, instead of always standing around watching Lois and Clark, wondering what they're doing, what if we got lives of our own that were a little more interesting? - "And the Answer Is . . ."

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard