Print Thread
K
Kaylle Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
K
[got this on an email list I'm on, and it cracked me up wink ]

How many group posters does it take to change a light bulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs

27 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs

53 to flame the spell checkers

41 to correct spelling/grammar flames

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ...

another 6 to condemn those 6 as anal-retentive

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"

27 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs

14 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's

12 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy

4 to suggest that posters request the light bulb FAQ

44 to ask what is a "FAQ"

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

143 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again laugh

Kerth
Kerth
mecry

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Top Banana
Top Banana
1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again
wave

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
12 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy
rotflol

One of my all-time favorite lists. Thanks for posting, I really needed a laugh about now.

Jen

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ...
...and, as I suggested to Kaylle last night on IRC, at least a couple more to object that it should be 'light-bulb'. goofy

And, as Pam commented, six seems far too small a number for making grammar nitpicks! wink

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Columnist
Columnist
I remember getting this on one of the first lists I ever joined, right after I joined it. I thought it was funny then, but now I think it's even funnier, having lived through the sort of listlife it describes for over five years now. So I took the liberty of cutting and pasting, and sending it to some of my lists who I thought would appreciate it - including a couple of 'stuffy' classical music lists where they do just the nitpicky stuff this post talks about, on a regular basis. (And yes, we had brou-ha-has on both of them recently, in which a fair number of people left in a huff, and on one list, in which the listowner threatened to close down the list over a lot of misunderstandings...)

Anyway, I've been getting a *lot* of private email from people thanking me for sending it on - seems they needed the laughs too!

Melisma (crawling back under her Rock for bed...)

Do, or do not. There is no try.
- Yoda
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
I too have seen this before, but it's just as funny now. I have to admit though, it's easier to laugh when it's laid out like this than when it's really happening. This is the kind of stuff that makes me want to tear my hair out. My friends can attest to getting IMs like "I've been gone for two hours, I come home to 15 emails - and not ONE of them is in anyway interesting! People need to get a life." I actually have left groups - or gone to "no mail" if that's an option - over things like this (but I spare them the email announcing my departure <G>).

Annie

Being a reporter is as much a diagnosis as a job description. ~Anna Quindlen

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard