Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Jaxie Offline OP
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
While going through my hard drive, and I found these scans that someone (can't remember who) sent me, and I thought you guys might get a kick out of them. I'll post one a day (if I can). Enjoy!

Jaxie

[Linked Image]

I'm too young and boyish to go to jail. - "Top Copy"

Who's your buddy, huh, who's your pal? - "Tempus Fugitive"

Chief, instead of always standing around watching Lois and Clark, wondering what they're doing, what if we got lives of our own that were a little more interesting? - "And the Answer Is . . ."
Jaxie Offline OP
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
Okay, since I'm home sick, I've got nothing to do, so I thought I might start off with my little editorial on why I both like - and hate - this particular story, trying to keep in mind that this was the Pre-Crisis, and that it was a little lame at times.

Opening page:

I don't really like how the panel shows Superman telling the entire story of what's going to happen in a blurb. First of all, it makes it almost pointless to read the story when we know what's going to happen in it. Secondly, isn't Superman being a little selfish or presumptuous in saying "Never will Supergirl and I patrol together." His cousin is getting married - and she's happy about it - and all he can think about is how he won't be patroling anymore. Oh, boo hoo for Superman! Just because Linda's married, she has to give up her nightly patroling? Maybe he should take a few lessons from the Post Crisis Superman. :p

The art was done by Curt Swan and George Klein. I wonder if George is related to Bernard Klein in any way . . . wink

Oh, and the panel with Jimmy and Perry could have been shorter. We already read the top one that said this story was imaginary; we don't need it pounded into our brains!

And, in the last panel, Jimmy explains what he's going to do by telling us about a past experience. I don't mind it too much, but it was a little wordy. And did you notice the picture of the blonde woman - that was Lucy, in case any of you don't know that; the writers had a thing for trying to put Jimmy and Lucy together, even though Lucy was a jerk to him (and that's another story for another time!).

On to Part 2!

Jaxkie

I'm too young and boyish to go to jail. - "Top Copy"

Who's your buddy, huh, who's your pal? - "Tempus Fugitive"

Chief, instead of always standing around watching Lois and Clark, wondering what they're doing, what if we got lives of our own that were a little more interesting? - "And the Answer Is . . ."

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard