Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hey guys!

I've been having some problems to see everything that's releated to Java script and I don't know what to do. I even installed IE 6 but I still have problems. I don't know what to do since everything on the internet that I want to see is in Java script and I can't see frown I can't see the avatars, I can't click on the greamlins or in these instant Ubb code...I can't do anything! I can't even check flight prices or other things that I need to see frown Please, someone out there help me or I'll go crazy!!!!!!

Help Superman!!!!!! laugh

Raquel

"It's not the years that count, it's the moments, right now as they happen." (Clark Kent to Lois Lane - Brutal Youth - S4)
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
While I can't help you, I have posted your problem to a newsgroup. I'll let you know what turns up.

Tara

Rose: You're NOT keeping the horse!
Doctor Who: I let you keep Mickey, now lets go!
Doctor Who, The Girl in the Fireplace
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
It's quite possible you don't have Java installed. Due to problems with lawsuits between Microsoft and Sun, Microsoft stopped supplying Java automatically with IE. They even removed it from Windows Update. If this is the case, you can search the web for someone who has it or you can install Sun's Java plug-in.

Don't have any links for you off the top of my head, but I had to go through this a while ago myself.

P.S. The root problem was that Microsoft was supplying extensions to Java against Sun's wishes (Sun owns the patents on Java) as a competitive advantage against other Java plug-ins, so Sun sued them to stop distribution.

So Microsoft's answer to the Java threat was C# and the .NET environment.

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Merriwether
Merriwether
No matter what, IE should still be able to view JavaScript. Java applets should be the only ones affected by the whole MS/Sun thing, but JavaScript is part of the w3c standard, I believe. You may want to make sure javascript is turned on. Go to Tools -> Internet Options -> Security. Either make sure it's set to Medium, or click on Custom Level and look in the Scripting section. Make sure they're all either set to enable or prompt.

Another thing you might want to try is clear the Temporary Internet Items and History for IE. Both buttons to do this are on the General screen in Internet Options. It could be that something is corrupted in there.

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard