Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#197756 08/18/03 12:13 PM
Jess Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
It hasnt seem to come up on this board like so many of the others that i read! But maybe some of you dont know about the superman movie they are planning to shoot! I guess most of you are just LnC fans and not Superman fans but im not sure i was just wondering your thoughts and opinions of the movie and casting! thumbsup

Being grown-up isn't half as fun as growing up, these are the best days of our lives, the only thing that matters is just following your heart and eventually you'll finally get it right! ~Ataris
#197757 08/18/03 03:22 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
There are many Superman fans here, I've been one for more years than you can imagine laugh but what brings this message board together is mostly the fiction inspired by the television show version of Superman, Lois and Clark.

I was a fan of the first couple of Superman movies for a while, until I saw the interpretation that Lois and Clark gave the story, with a smart, attractive Clark Kent, a smart, savy Lois Lane and a partnership between them. Now any other version would be a let down for me.

#197758 08/18/03 08:00 PM
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
I too was a superman fan long before Lois and Clark, and though this is my favorite interpretation of the characters, I loved the movies, especially the first one. We've talked a lot about the possibility of the new movie, but I'm personally starting to get bored of the whole thing. I'm beginning to think they're never going to make it, and I'm also beginning to think that might not be the worst thing in the world. I'm sure that if they ever do make it, I'll get excited again. But I've just decided not to worry about it until it's actually in production and close to being released. I'm sick of getting my hopes up and then hearing that it's been put on hold again. As for who I hope to be in it... I haven't really been impressed with any of the options yet. I was APPALLED by the Nicholas Cage idea. I'm not sure who I want, but I know it's not him. <G>

Annie

Being a reporter is as much a diagnosis as a job description. ~Anna Quindlen
#197759 08/19/03 02:36 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I, too, have always been a Superman fan.. In fact, I can't even remember not knowing about him...

I remember when I was six years old, when I lived in Syria and Israel, I used to be alone with my mom during the daytime. My brother, who's four years older than me, went to school and my dad was working. One day, I was left alone in the apartment for half an hour while my mom went shopping. Of course, things got pretty boring since I didn't care for the "toy of the month" anymore, and I couldn't leave the apartment without locking the door, which I didn't have the key to.

But after looking into the fridge and caught sight of the ketchup and the mustard, a brilliant idea formed itself in the mind of a six-year-old.

So, when my mom got home, there was a *HUGE* 'S' on the kitchen floor, made out of ketchup and mustard. goofy

Heck, I even used to dress up as Superman, just walking around the neighbourhood and showing off at the playground...god, it was so pathetic. <g>

But I know that Lois & Clark is the real reason that I'm still fanatic about the hero. Dean and Teri put so much life into their characters, and the show is something that'll always be special to me.

Pelican (who wonders what she'd do today to express her fascination for Superman/Lois & Clark if fanfic didn't exist...yup, that would turn ugly! goofy )

Such a little thing really, a kiss...most people don't give it a moment's consideration. They kiss on meeting, they kiss on parting, that simple touching of flesh is taken entirely for granted as a basic human right.

Susan Kay
#197760 08/19/03 09:42 AM
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
I had heard for a movie with Keanu Reeves. But neither he nor Nicholas Cage would be my choice. (I hate them both)

If it should be someone other than DC ( whinging ) I'd go with Johnny Depp. Have you seen him with glasses in 'Nick Of Time'? I think he looks cute... someone post a picture, please! (please note that Johnny Depp is not one of my favourite actors)

As Trenna said, though, if it's not L&C... whinging

See ya.
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
#197761 08/20/03 01:53 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I'm sticking with the opinion that, if they ever make the movie, they should cast unknowns in it. I can't think of any major star who would fit the role well.

Lois: "Kent is a hack from Smallville. I couldn't make that name up."

Read my Journal: http://www.livejournal.com/users/anni_the_diva/
#197762 08/20/03 03:15 AM
Kerth
Kerth
I wonder if they'd use John Williams' original theme... smile

Jose hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard