#197704 08/11/03 09:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have this question I just can't get out of my head so, here we go:

If you were a song, which one would it be?

Carole smile1

#197705 08/12/03 03:49 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh boy a music question! goofy

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#197706 08/12/03 04:31 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"I Hate The World Today"...that's not the actual song title,
No, it's not. The right title is "Bitch"

"... you're so good to me, I know but I can change. Try to tell you but you look at me like maybe I'm an angel underneath, innocent and sweeet..."

That Meredith Brooks song, right? Funny, 'cause it was in a movie with Mel Gibson and Helen Hunt...emphasis on "Mel Gibson" <g>.

Okay, me it would be (don't laugh) "Destin" by Céline Dion or "Paddy Mc Carthy" by the Corrs.

When I'm down or I have the blues, some Elvis songs are an instant cure (like "Mary's the name", "Burning love" or "little less converstion"). "Jirais où tu iras" by C.Dion is also a good energy bringer... But this wasn't the question.

Carole smile1

PS: These days "Baila Maria" by Isthar y el Nino de Sara or "Tres gotas (de agua bendita)" by Gloria Estefan really helps facing the heat wave. Plus the first one is top thing for belly dancing <g>.

#197707 08/12/03 05:17 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Oy. Considering the vast number of songs currently in my head, it's awfully hard to choose.

"I'm Cute" from the Animaniacs? No...

"Everything you know is wrong" by Weird Al sometimes sure fits me...

One web quiz said I was "Hello" by Evanescence...

Frankly, find a cute, silly song, and it's probably me. Especially if it's by cartoon characters.

No, wait, I think I've found it. "Belle - Reprise" from Beauty & the Beast. "I want much more than this provincial life!"

(or was it "I'm Too Sexy" by the Chipmunks... wink )

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
#197708 08/12/03 09:58 AM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
On a bad day, it'd either be "Long Day," by Matchbox 20, or "Just One of Those Days," by Limp Bizkit or "If" by Bread.

On a good day: "12 Seconds to the Moon" by Robert W. Smith (which he conducted when we played it last year in Symphonic Band... if you've not heard it and you're a classical fan, you should.) or "Haitian Fight Song" and "Moanin'" by Charles Mingus.

Samik (who is now going to go back and practice for band auditions inspired.) smile

"I don't like people to talk for no reason, but I really love dialogue between people who aren't listening to each other." --Raymond Carter
#197709 08/12/03 11:23 AM
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
There's a new Greek song saying

'&#932;&#953; &#963;&#959;&#965; &#941;&#967;&#969; &#954;&#940;&#957;&#949;&#953; &#954;&#953; &#941;&#960;&#945;&#968;&#949;&#962; &#957;&#945; &#956;' &#945;&#947;&#945;&#960;&#940;&#962;'

('What have I done to you and you stopped loving me')

Months ago, I'd say that one, but not anymore (thank God!!).

But now, I can't really decide, and my favourites are too many to be listed.

However, since I've been having a crush on L&C these months I'd go with anything that could be related in any way. What was this song I was listening to yesterday and thought it was perfect for them?

Let me check my CDs...

Found it!! Kaci's 'Paradise'.

When I'm with you it's paradise
No place on Earth could be so nice
Through the crystal waterfall
I hear you call
Just take my hand it's paradise
You kiss me once I kiss you twice
And as I gaze into your eyes
I realize
It's paradise

Isn't it?

AnnaBtG.

P.S.: I'm listening to Dream's 'He Loves U Not' right now. Not L&Cy, but I like it pretty much too.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
#197710 08/12/03 12:50 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hmmmm let me think... If I was feeling lonely, which I am a lot of the time, it would either be "Nobody Knows Who I Am" as sung by Linda Eder, or "No One Is Alone" done by either Kim Crosby or Bernadette Peters.

I also love Meredith Brook's "Bitch." It's a very fitting song for a lot of people, I think. For a happy mood song, it might be "Soak Up the Sun" by Sheryl Crow or "I Wanna Go Out Tonight" from Rent.

Caroline

You've gotta be original, because if you're like someone else, what do they need you for?
~Bernadette Peters
#197711 08/12/03 09:18 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
'&#932;&#953; s&#959;&#965; &#941;&#967;&#969; &#954;&#940;&#957;e&#953; &#954;&#953; &#941;pa&#968;e&#962; &#957;a µ' a&#947;ap&#940;&#962;'
Awww! Thanks for this greek interlude Anna! You made my day! (a good way to get back in touch with greek grammar wink ). I guess 'ki' is the equivalent of 'kai', right?

I don't know for the song you described but its lyrics are lovely.

When feeling lonely, I go for "Heart of the ocean" by Gaelic Storm or "la solitudine" by Laura Pausini (of course wink ).

Samik (who is now going to go back and practice for band auditions inspired.)
oh! Good luck with that! smile

Carole (who thinks there are a lot of good songs she doesn't seem to know about laugh smile1 )

#197712 08/13/03 09:34 AM
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
You're right, Carole! <Ki> is an informal type for <kai> used mainly in spoken language, sort of like <'n'> is for <and>.

Glad to see you still remember your Greek wink

Carole (who thinks there are a lot of good songs she doesn't seem to know about
Oh, I could make you a list!! laugh

See ya.
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
#197713 08/16/03 04:42 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
'River God' by Nichole Nordeman. This will probably describe me for the rest of my life. (Besides, it has a simply lovely piano accompaniment! smile1 )

"Rolling River God, little stones are smooth
Only once the water passes through
So I am a stone, rough and grainy still
Trying to reconcile this river's chill

But when I close my eyes, and feel You rushing by
I know that time brings change, and change takes time
And when the sunset comes, my prayer would this one
That you would pick me up and notice that I am
Just a little smoother in Your hand"

Lois: "Kent is a hack from Smallville. I couldn't make that name up."

Read my Journal: http://www.livejournal.com/users/anni_the_diva/

Moderated by  KSaraSara