Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
This is so beautiful! I had to read it twice, because it just struck such a chord in me! Beautiful Beautiful Beautiful!!! smile1

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Chris, you are such a sweetheart! Thank you!!! blush

This is just beautiful, Chris! You've painted a poignant picture of Clark's aloneness and shown how afraid he was to let go of the protective wall he'd built up around himself (great image, by the way!) even when he'd met Lois and got close to her. What a lovely letter! goofy

Thank you again!!! thumbsup )

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wow whinging frown mecry notworthy and just about every other one you can use for extremely, extremely angsty, and very, very well done smile

Sara

Death: Easy, Bill. You'll give yourself a heart attack and ruin my vacation.

Meet Joe Black
Top Banana
Top Banana
Love it, Chris! He writes a good letter, and I loved the insights he gave us into his life - the one about being busy coping which each new difference when the other kids were learning how to date was particularly poignant. smile

Lucky Wendy!

Yvonne

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Chris- It's Super! thumbsup LaurieD

K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, WENDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! goofy )

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Very very nice, Chris... beautiful, in fact, which is only what I'd expect from you smile

And you might as well resign yourself to writing a sequel. They're relentless, lemme tell ya... and this is really only half the story, when you think about it. And really I think Nan deserves her own story, don't you? goofy

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
I love it, Chris laugh . Just wonderful (like everything else of yours!! why should I ever expect anything else wink ).

I especially like this line
I wonder whether I should delete that last paragraph because I’m sure you’re now adding “stalker” to your ever-growing list of my personality failings.
laugh laugh laugh It lightens the mood so well for a moment without losing the tone of the story!

And I certainly wouldn't be opposed to a sequel wink .

- Laura laugh

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Chris

WOW, this is beautifully written. smile1
I love it. It definitely deserves a sequel.

Happy birthday, Wendy and Nan! dance

Tricia cool

Columnist
Columnist
Hi Chris,

This is a wonderful letter.

You've said so much in such a short space that I'm lost for words. smile

And you know that's quite unusual for me. wink

Yours Jenni

Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Sorry to comment so late, but yesterday was so crowded I barely had time to boot up my computer -- and not from birthday stuff, unfortunately. I'm getting to the point when "Happy" and "Birthday" are kind of mutually exclusive <g>. Still, it's better than the alternative. I'm now officially 57, and the grandmother of 5 and 1/2 kids.

Wow, if Clark had sent a letter like that to Lois in the series, I doubt she'd have been able to resist forgiving him sooner, but then, of course, all the other stuff might not have happened, so naturally the writers couldn't have resolved the matter so easily. They made lack of communication into an art form all for the sake of conflict.

Still, it also brings Clark's screwy reasoning into a more understandable light. He wasn't thinking very straight out of confusion and inexperience, and that makes it more forgivable. He still acted like a dope, but it was more out of panic than actually trying to manage her life. I'd say he kind of freaked at the wrong time. laugh Clark has a habit of doing that.

Anyhow, this was great. Now, do we get to see Lois's response?

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Aw Chris that was truly beautiful, what a wonderful birthday present! Happy Birthday Wendy! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
C
Kerth
Kerth
C
I'm echoing the others for a sequel I want to read about Lois' reaction to receiving the letter. This was beautiful there's no other word for it because I reckon that you've really captured Clark's emotions during that time.

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Happy Birthday, Wendy and Nan party party

Chris, that was a wonderful story!! I love your writing and your ideas. So touching! (Poor Clark!! Lois better forgive him soon!!)

Allow me to point out a typo:
You should have been my parents’ faces when, one day at the dinner table, I asked them what a bastard was!
Keep writing and... keep in mind that a sequel of this little fic wouldn't be a bad idea. Not at all wink

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wow! smile

Thank you all so much for the kind words about Life's Lessons. I'm delighted you enjoyed it so much. (Please forgive me for not answering each of you individually; rest assured I've appreciated each and every comment, however.)

Anna: thanks for pointing out that typo. I've now corrected it. Good catch! I'd read and reread that section, but clearly was completely blind to what I'd actually typed.

So... A sequel, huh? I'll bear it in mind, but I have no immediate plans to write one. I'd have to figure out what Lois would say or do first of all. Trouble is, she's stubbornly refusing to let me in on the secret at the moment.

Chris

Merriwether
Merriwether
OH!!!! Where is that puddle of waffy goo graemlin that everyone's been using?! Gah!! So *SO* sweet!!!!!
You mean this [Linked Image] ?

Yeah, that's about my reaction too. *happy sigh*

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Beautiful letter. drool

But, from the first moment you burst into my job interview, I knew what love was all about. You filled the room. My senses exploded at the sight, sound and smell of you: the way your hair flicked around your face as you moved, the way you scrunched your mouth when Perry insisted on introducing you to me… Your heartbeat racing strong and fast, beating a staccato rhythm in your excitement… The soft, clean scent of shampoo and soap… the faint whiff of newsroom coffee.

You filled my mind and robbed me of coherent thought. You took my breath away and I knew with a certainty that defied reason that you were the only woman I would ever want to be with. More than that: you were the person I wanted to spend the rest of my life with, wanted to grow old with.
wave

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Columnist
Columnist
Hi

Beautiful letter. Poor Clark. frown

Beautiful

Beautiful

Beautiful

Beautiful

Beautiful

Beautiful

Beautiful

Karla

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Just dropping by quickly to say a heartfelt thank you to Rivka, Maria and Karla for your feedback. It is most definitely appreciated, as indeed was everybody else's.

Chris smile

Features Writer
Features Writer
Chris, I just have to say "ditto" to everyone's comments about this story. It's just beautiful. You paint a very poignant picture of a young Clark who, despite feeling secure with the love and support of his parents, feels very isolated in trying to cope with his differences while growing up. And as Nan said, you provide some thoughtful motivation to his screwed-up behavior on the show.

I won't pester you for a sequel, but If the muse ever inspires you, I'll be right in line to read it. smile

Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard