Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#197630 08/09/03 07:31 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hi Everyone!

We're all tuckered out from the hot tub, watching a few more of our favorite episodes and desperately trying not to think about the fact that we should be in bed by now. We all have long drives tomorrow, but late nights have been a staple of this week, and we're reluctant to turn in until the very last second.

We've had an absolutely fantastic time. It rained "speriodically" (Tracey's new 5am word - To do things in a sporadic and periodic fashion <G>) so we only made it to the beach once. But we spent hours each day in the hot tub, and we had a great time just sitting around talking. (And laughing - good lord, I don't think we've ever laughed so much in a single week.)

We have to admit, we didn't get a whole lot of writing done, but we did a ton of brainstorming for both new stories and WIPs. So hopefully you'll all benefit from our wonderful vacation.

We'll all be back home sometime tomorrow (earlier or later depending on how far we have to go) and we'll post pictures as soon as we can get them developed and scanned or uploaded.

TTYS,

Annie, Sarah, Tracey, Kaylle, Bethy, Alicia and Jill

#197631 08/09/03 07:34 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
<-- is SO jealous! But also glad you folcs had such a great time. laugh We missed you!

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
#197632 08/10/03 01:38 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yeah, stop it, you're making us jealous. goofy

Looking forward to pictures. <g> And glad you're having so much fun. dance

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#197633 08/10/03 02:21 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hey girls!! Glad to see you're still having so much fun. But what do you mean, not much writing was done? I thought Trace had been ordering everyone around and distributing plots everywhere? Hmmm?? Writing shouldn't be speriodical. laugh

Kaethel smile (who got the chance to talk to this lot on the phone last night and confirms that insanity rules at the beach house goofy )

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
#197634 08/11/03 05:58 AM
Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
I had so much fun at the beach! Even though it rained a lot more than speriodically -- pretty much every day for most of the day -- I still had a great time. And even though our drive took over 15 hours and we decided that we hate the entire state of Virginia (sorry to everyone that lives there -- no lights on the road, abandoned cars and farm equipment on the exit ramps, no accelleration lanes on the freeway, a lot of traffic jams at 3am, and I don't even remember what else) and it is fired by the decree of Alicia, Bethy, and Kaylle, I sitll had a lot of fun in the car with the Ohio and Michigan folcs laugh -- and Kaylle is a great driver -- she drove the entire 15 hrs there and the entire 15 hrs home. She is the best.

I thought Trace had been ordering everyone around and distributing plots everywhere? Hmmm?? Writing shouldn't be speriodical.
Yes, Tracey did give us all our "assignments", but I don't even remember what mine were! As someone that got absolutely *nothing* done at the beach, I don't think I even write speriodically wink . Everyone can tell you that I don't like sitting still and doing nothing (aka reading), so I often did things other than reading and writing to keep myself busy -- like standing out in the rain willing it to stop so we could play mini-golf and then volunteering to be the one that ran around trying to find rain ponchos so we could go back to our cars and getting completely soaked in the process.

And, yes, the hot tub was a great place to come up with ideas. We got probably our best idea there one night. But that is all I am going to say.

And I found out how to pronounce Kaethel's real name, too -- even though I am still afraid to say it because I can't say it correctly.

- Laura laugh

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
#197635 08/12/03 02:57 PM
K
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
K
Okay, after 12 hours of sleep last night (yes, 12<g>), I feel awake enough to contribute.

Thanks, guys, for a wonderful week! I haven't had so much fun in a long time. It was great getting to revisit old friends and meet some new ones... We are definitely going to have to make this an annual event laugh Next year we'll just go someplace that doesn't require 15 horus of driving on 3 hours sleep wink

I bought a new video capture card today, and I will try to start running in video tonight or tomorrow.

I love you all!
Kaylle

(who wrote, maybe, a page the whole week... But that's more than she's written in a long time <g>)

#197636 08/12/03 06:36 PM
Columnist
Columnist
An annual event?!?!?! Yay!!! dance dance

~Anna (who now *really* **REALLY** wants to get into UNC for law school next year)

PS Oh yeah, I'm glad you all had fun wink laugh

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard