Next Thread
Print Thread
#19756 02/13/05 09:57 PM
daneel Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Good part!! thumbsup

Loved the part with Mariann and the reference to Ellen smile . Did she know? wink

Jose hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
lol, Clark is wonderful <g> Smart guy, to recruit Mariann to the "make Lori eat" team wink And I hope they come up with some good discreet signal device. I have a feeling she'll need it...

Question -- Lori & Clark have a lifetime marriage contract, as opposed to a six-month or one year contract... but Mariann is still afraid Clark will leave. How easy is it to get out of a lifetime contract? I'd assume it'd be kinda hard to do.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Pam, I'm assuming that the lifetime contract is just like our current marriage, which is presumed to be for a lifetime and therefore takes a divorce to break up. It would just be the short-term contracts that are different.

However, I realize that's just my assumption. Nan, can you explain a little better how the different marriage contracts work?

Sheila Harper
Hopeless fan of a timeless love story

http://www.sheilaharper.com/
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Your description is pretty much what I'd envisioned, Sheilah. The other, more temporary contracts would simply expire after the given period unless they were renewed.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
J
jwb Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
J
I'm glad to see more of this - and like everyone else I had a good laugh at how Clark got Mariann "on his side."

One question the above brought up however... What are the advantages/incentives of a 6 mo. marriage contract? What does it give you over just dating?

BTW, I'm thinking the car Lori saw was our stalker....

--
Jeff
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
You have to remember that this is a culture that evolved from ours, with a few little things that tweaked it along the way, like the New Reich scientist trying to sterilize women who weren't "good enough" (in the opinion of the New Reich, that is) to be allowed to reproduce. All sorts of things were enacted to encourage people to commit to each other and have children -- thus the 6-month marriage contract.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ditto on getting Mariann to 'help' Lori eat more. I'm glad I was exercising while reading this and not reading it in my cubical. I would have had a hard time explaining the laughter escaping from my mouth.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Nan

A great part! smile1

Tricia cool

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard