Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#19747 02/13/05 08:08 PM
Hazel Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Hurray for Lois taking charge! Clark can be such a pushover, can't he? smile Especially alt-Clark, who learned meekness as a survival trait while he bounced round various foster homes.

One thing I have to tell you, Nan: I hadn't yet read your alt-story. After reading this sequel, I'm off to read it NOW. smile

Hazel

EDIT: Read it, enjoyed it. smile LOL at leaving Tempus stranded on a tropical island and being intelligent enough not to tell *anybody* about it. Two questions, Nan, that I seem to have missed: How did Tempus find them on the island? And why mention fleas, and not the lack of plumbing? wink

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
#19748 02/13/05 09:12 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Hmm, she's going to be his spokeperson and a reporter? smile1

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
#19749 02/14/05 02:50 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yay! Love the idea of Lois "handling" the press <g> Feel free to post this kind of Christmas story anytime during the year! laugh

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#19750 02/15/05 03:44 AM
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
In reply to Hazel's question: As to how he found them, who knows? Tempus seems to have his ways, and our heroes didn't have time to ask him. Maybe once he returned to the time when he left Lois, he located them via Clark's beacon. As for the fleas versus the plumbing, well, this is a g-rated fic <g>, and besides, they were talking about clothing having such little inhabitants. It's just the way the conversation turned out.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
#19751 02/15/05 10:41 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This was really good, like everything else you write!

I would love to see more of this universe... grovel

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
#19752 02/17/05 10:57 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Nan

A wonderful sequel! smile1 I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Tricia cool

#19753 02/21/05 11:13 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great piece. hyper Where is that part?

He nodded. "Usually the agreement is that they're not supposed to bother me except when I'm in the Suit," he said, gesturing vaguely to the red, blue and yellow creation, "but now they think I'm holding out on them and I guess that makes them think the gloves are off."

"In that case," Lois said, "it's time to get tough. The next time one of them wants a quote from Superman, you tell them that if they can't abide by the agreement, then you won't either. They either leave you alone when you're not on duty, or you'll give the quote to a reporter who believes in honoring deals."
Brilliant! hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#19754 02/25/05 06:58 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Nan, I've been so far behind with fdk lately that I never got the chance to tell you how much I enjoyed the first story. And the same with the sequel.

I like the way their relationship is progressing. Nothing *too* fast, yet it's clear that things are on the right track and moving in the direction that will make everyone happy. smile I think Lois will be a wonderful spokesman for Clark.

And this...
They didn't want some scholar in the future, studying their lives, to find it and get curious enough to go back and rescue the nutball, just out of academic curiosity or something. Academic curiosity got more people in trouble than you could count.
had me chuckling. No kidding, huh...

Great job, Nan.

Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
#19755 03/15/05 04:40 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I'm finally catching up on my FDKing: Nan, as usual you've given us an excellent stand-alone story that's also an answer to the (incessant) question, "And then what happened?".

I was rereading some of your series stories recently, and it looks like you've got another one off to a good start-- if you choose to continue it, I think all your readers will be pretty happy about it.

I really liked how Lois took charge of Clark's public vs. private life situation. She wasn't mean, but she let everyone know firmly that they can't push him around anymore. She was right, he's too nice to tell them to leave him alone, even when they take advantage of that niceness. And she obviously laid out the new plan to Clark, as well-- he assumed the remote "Superman" attitude and zapped all the cameras-- so the press understands that what Lois said isn't just empty threats.

And their relationship is moving slowly toward something more, and they're already pretty comfortable with each other. That's evident in how they talk to each other. Nice to see how well they complement each other's strengths and weaknesses already.

Maybe it's best to let marooned Tempuses stay that way. I guess Clark could do a high-altitude flyover of the island, looking for bones... If the island's small enough and remote enough, maybe even if someone from the future knew the "when" he went to, they wouldn't be able to find him. It'd be funny if some native population ventured off on a journey and established a colony on that island, and Tempus had his own little (inbred) dynasty going... A big fish in a little pond, living in obscurity on an undiscovered island until his death, when the only connection to him once the island was discovered was that the natives inexplicably had lighter skin than many of the surrounding native populations, and the language of the people who called themselves the Tumpu had an all-purpose greeting word used as "hello", "goodbye", and "cheers" that sounded like "duh"...

Hmmm, maybe that's more a Queen of the Capes scenario than a Nan scenario.

Anyway, I really enjoyed both of these, the "Christmas Vacation" and "Homecoming" stories.

~Toc

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard