Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#197313 06/29/03 11:01 PM
Jana Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
For those of you who didn't know... Katharine Hepburn died Sunday at age 96. I just found out Sunday night. I have always loved her movies.

story

Jana

"Don't you people have lives?!?" ~Joe on Wings

"An eternal, burning flame. Hope lives on and love remains." ~from Love Remains, by Collin Raye
#197314 06/30/03 09:07 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jana,

I'm so sad the great Katharine leaved us...
I so loved her movies, but most importantly, I admired her, on and off the screen. I especially envy her strengh of character, her free spirit, her pride and her frankness.

but on the other hand, she's with Spencer now, the love of her life, and I'm sure there's nobody happier in heaven. After all, that's why she was unfeared of death, why she awaited it with such confidence. And now that I think of it, it's the most beautiful love story I've ever heard...(I can be so hopefullu romantic sometimes).

There's nothning to be sad about. I guess, to the end, Katharine lived and made herself the life she wanted to have. her death just granted her last wish.

Carole

#197315 06/30/03 09:49 PM
Jana Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Yes. When I posted this last night, I didn't really have time to comment. Now I have a few spare moments...

I just wanted to add that I also was a great admirer of Katharine's. She had talent, beauty, and grace on screen and off. There is a reason that she is still considered an all time great... I think she had something that many stars today just don't. She was just a graceful person. She lived a long and seemingly full life though and that is wonderful.

The world is maybe a little less because she is gone, but a little more because she was here.

Jana

"When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live in such a way that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice."

"Don't you people have lives?!?" ~Joe on Wings

"An eternal, burning flame. Hope lives on and love remains." ~from Love Remains, by Collin Raye
#197316 06/30/03 10:37 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The world is maybe a little less because she is gone, but a little more because she was here.
How true. That also apply to my other fev actors and actress... Especially Audrey Hepburn.

Carole

#197317 06/30/03 11:56 PM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
One of my favourite ever movies is Guess Who's Coming To Dinner? The performances all round are superb, but the crackling energy and emotion between Hepburn and Tracey lift it beyond a good movie into the realms of a classic. And I have fond memories of watching it in a St. Andrews cinema with my Mum and both of us in floods of tears by the end.

I guess one of the things you have to admire most about Katherine Hepburn is that, at a time when the studio and the studio boss were gods, she didn't let anyone boss her around.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard