Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#197104 06/04/03 09:38 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
All of us use Google search technology all the time these days, even if we're not aware of it. It even powers the search engine on the Fanfic Archive. And I bet many of you have lain sleepless at night, wondering just how it manages to put those incredible results together, so fast. I know I have.

Well, boys and girls, wonder no more. I've found the answer at last, and I'd like to share it with you at no cost (though contributions to my "indigent yet bizarre" retirement fund are always welcome.) Just go to http://www.google.com/technology/pigeonrank.html to find the astonishing answers, straight from the horse's... uh, pigeon's beak. Bill. Coo? Um, whatever.

Mere laugh

A diabolically, fiendishly clever mind. Possibly someone evil enough to take over the world. CC Aiken, Can You Guess the Writer? challenge
#197105 06/04/03 10:05 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Aha, aha, aha, I only understood half of it but who cares.
One of things I `understood`was PigeonRank™...woooooooooooo`????? Niceee name laugh

A friend is somebody that knows everything about you and still likes you
#197106 06/04/03 11:35 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
laugh That site -- and some of the faked links! -- is just great. Someone put a lot of time into this!

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
#197107 06/04/03 03:07 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Fascinating. goofy

Where did you find this, Mere?

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#197108 06/04/03 05:07 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
lol, mere! rotflol thanks for sharing! i probably missed some good jokes, but i got the bits about PCs and linux, among others. so, who knew google was run by hunt-and-peck typists? laugh

wonder when a competing turkey-based engine will pop up. the "gobble" search engine. wink

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
#197109 06/05/03 12:51 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
yeah, this was really funny!

Thanks for sharing it with us!
laugh

#197110 06/05/03 09:03 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Thanks for sharing
You're welcome. I thought you might enjoy it... some things are waaay too good not to share. smile

Where did you find this, Mere?
Oh, the usual way, Pam - URL in my mailbox, with a long list of forwarders. smile (No, I didn't Google for it, if that's what you were thinking. wink )

Mere

A diabolically, fiendishly clever mind. Possibly someone evil enough to take over the world. CC Aiken, Can You Guess the Writer? challenge

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard