Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#196937 05/25/03 05:58 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hello everyone. I'm new here so I thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Caroline McKenna, I'm 16 and I live near Chicago. I've been watching reruns of Lois and Clark as often as I can for the past two years. You see, it airs at 7AM where I am, and the bus comes at like 7:25 so i rarely get to watch a whole episode. frown Although, I will admit to being "sick" so I can finish an episode. I am fairly new to the world of L&C fanfic as well. I have written fanfic for another fandom, but as of now not for L&C. I definitely want to start. Looking forward to getting to know you all and to reading some great fic!

Caroline thumbsup evil (Calvin is sooo cool!)

You've gotta be original, because if you're like someone else, what do they need you for?
~Bernadette Peters
#196938 05/25/03 06:49 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Although, I will admit to being "sick" so I can finish an episode.
Hahaha. That's great. notworthy notworthy

I'm Jen, hmm what to say about myself. So hard to form logical sentences after midnight LOL. Anywho, I'm 19, and I live in the land of the nothing along the Gulf Coast in Alabama. I guess the most exciting thing we have around here is the hurricane. Ooh look forward to reading some GR-R-EAT fic! Have you found your way over to the Arhive?

Jen

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#196939 05/25/03 07:36 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
hi caroline. nice to meet you. welcome to the boards. smile i'm paul. i'm a friendly helpful wierdo nerd who sometimes goes to MIT. i'll be turning 25 in a couple of weeks.

as for l&c, you know that now that they've switched TNT to TBS, they're showing 2 eps a day? one 7-8 and one 8-9. personally, rather than missing the bus or whatever, i'd suggest taping them. have the vcr record both eps for you, and watch them after school.

anyway, have fun, enjoy reading, and good luck writing. smile

oh, and i agree. calvin (and his alter ego, spaceman spiff) is really cool. [Linked Image]

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
#196940 05/25/03 08:02 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Hi Caroline wave

I'm Anna, I'm 21, I live in Seattle, and Jen is right: it is hard to form coherent sentances after midnight. wink

I'm really glad that you've gotten hooked on the show and found all of us. Good luck getting started with fanfic; I can't wait to see what you come up with. laugh

~Anna

#196941 05/25/03 08:33 PM
Kerth
Kerth
I'm Jose from Spain. Welcome to the boards! smile1 dance

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
#196942 05/25/03 09:19 PM
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
Hey Caroline,

Welcome to the boards. I'm Annie and I'm in Chapel Hill, NC where I'm a senior at UNC. It's not just past midnight for me here - it's past 4am. <G> This is what happens when I get hooked into coversation with other FoLCs (our acronym for fans of lois and clark) who are also night owls. smile

I'm glad you wandered here, if you're looking for LnC fanfic, you've definitely come to the right place. If you want to read fanfic as it's being written, check out the fanfic and fanfic challenge folders. If you want recommendations for stories that have already been archived (www.lcfanfic.com) or advice on writing your own fanfic, check out fanfic related. Everything else should be pretty self explanatory. We're a friendly bunch, and we're always excited to meet new people, especially younger fans who are discovering the show for the first time.

Annie

Being a reporter is as much a diagnosis as a job description. ~Anna Quindlen
#196943 05/25/03 10:23 PM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
You see, it airs at 7AM where I am, and the bus comes at like 7:25 so i rarely get to watch a whole episode. Although, I will admit to being "sick" so I can finish an episode.
LOL, true dedication. You'll fit in well here, Caroline. thumbsup

Hope you enjoy catching up with all the fanfic and that you'll soon be posting some of your own, too!

Have fun!

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#196944 05/25/03 11:22 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hi Caroline,

Welcome to the party

You'll have great fun here with us all.

Loriel

"Inappropriate attachment" didn't begin to cover the depth of the feelings Vaughn had for Sydney Bristow.
~Ties That Bind by RJ Anderson~

I ramble at http://www.livejournal.com/~loriel_eris
#196945 05/26/03 12:09 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Welcome, Caroline!

I'm Irene, and I'm old! (Okay, not that old at 43, but when I was 15, I thought that was ancient.)

We have a lot of fun here, and we hope that you will, also.

Take care,
Irene

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
#196946 05/26/03 01:09 AM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Hi Caroline smile1

Welcome to the boards! jump

Tricia cool

#196947 05/26/03 05:02 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Welcome, Caroline! goofy

Beaker: Special Talents: Scientific assistant, Victim
Last Book Read: "1001 Meeps to a Bigger Vocabulary"
Quote: "Meep! Meep! Meep!"
Never Leaves Home Without: Medical Coverage
#196948 05/26/03 07:23 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Nice to meet you, Caroline smile

Irene stole my line about being old goofy so I'll just say I'm thirty-something and leave it at that! But one of the cool things about FOLCdom is that age is fairly irrelevant; I've got friends from 20 to 60 smile

Anyway, have fun!

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#196949 05/26/03 07:57 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! I really appreciate it, it makes a big difference between posting or lurking. I've been reading LnC fic for a little while now, and here, I'm recognizing all the writers! It's like meeting celebrities! Whoo! party

Caroline

You've gotta be original, because if you're like someone else, what do they need you for?
~Bernadette Peters
#196950 05/26/03 08:04 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
I just wanted to throw in my welcome, too. It's always great to see a new face. laugh

Just as introduction, I'm Karen, one of the techie types around, and all-around weird person. And I'm not commenting on ages. :p

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
#196951 05/26/03 08:32 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hey Caroline, and welcome!! I'm Kaethel, I'm 24 years old (and about this, well, what Jill said goofy ), and I'm French. I hope you're going to start posting your fanfics soon! We always love getting new authors around here; just remember the cardinal rule: once you start sharing your stories with us, we can get greedy and demand more stories and never let you get back to lurkdom. laugh

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
#196952 05/26/03 08:56 AM
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
I've been reading LnC fic for a little while now, and here, I'm recognizing all the writers! It's like meeting celebrities! Whoo!
LOL! That's exactly how I (and most other people, I think) felt not so long ago. You'll get over it soon enough. <G>

Annie

Being a reporter is as much a diagnosis as a job description. ~Anna Quindlen
#196953 05/26/03 09:23 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hey, Caroline, let me add my welcome, too smile

I'm 22 and in Maryland, and believe me, you'll love it here! There's plently of fanfic and wonderful people smile

Oh, and about meeting fanfic celebrities ... well, what Annie said [g]. We all went through that! It's a fun time smile

Hope to see you around!

Tracey smile

#196954 05/26/03 09:25 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Welcome, Caroline! smile1

Just a fly-by! *waves*
#196955 05/26/03 10:23 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Welcome, Caroline! laugh

I'm actually a relative newbie myself... but the newness wears off quickly. wink

I'm Rivka, age 29 -- which I believe makes me an ice age relic, but not quite as old as dirt. laugh

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
#196956 05/26/03 10:46 AM
Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
Hi Caroline,

My name's Alicia and I am 22 years old from Cleveland, Ohio smile (but I do love Chicago - it's my favorite city).

posted May 26, 2003 03:56 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've been reading LnC fic for a little while now, and here, I'm recognizing all the writers! It's like meeting celebrities! Whoo!

LOL! That's exactly how I (and most other people, I think) felt not so long ago. You'll get over it soon enough. <G>
OMG, that is still how I feel and I've been around for years!

Hope you have fun!

- Alicia smile

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard