Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#19652 02/07/05 09:20 AM
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Hey everyone smile

I wrote this at work today. It's not at all the kind of story I would normally write or think of, but it was something that I guess I just needed to get out. laugh You can obviously leave any and all feedback, if you'd like~

smile1 NICOLE

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Nicole,
That was so sweet and waffy! I loved the dialogue. Loved Lois' first-person. Loved the "I was going all Lois Lane on him" line... Thank you for sharing. I have to admit I got a little misty-eyed at the end there.
Great job!
--Wanda

"He's a man. I'm a woman. Do you want me to draw you a diagram?" -Lois Lane, I've Got a Crush on You.
J
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
J
Aw, that was sweet. thumbsup Great little story, I really enjoyed reading it. wave

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Awww....When Lois said, "Don't give up on me"...that made me puddle.

JD
smile1

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Cute little story.

Tank (who felt it was set in just about the right time frame, by the use of Mayson as a catalyst for Lois)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Really lovely, Nicole! Poor Clark - when he said he'd finally decided to let go, I really felt for him. I knew that he couldn't be as calm and blasé about it as he pretended. And when Lois finally realised what was different about the way he was looking at her - the absence of hope in his eyes - I wanted to hug him. Awww!!

And I too loved Lois's 'Don't give up on me' line. Very, very nice story, Nicole!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Aww very sweet Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Merriwether
Merriwether
Awwwwwwwwwww!

We're gonna need a mop over here! Pile of goo on aisle 10!

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Top Banana
Top Banana
So very, very, very smart. And so very, very, very well written.

That the hope for the two of them was what was missing from Clark's eyes, and Lois knew it's absence but couldn't name it until he told her...oh, so very, very, very brilliant!!

Loved it!

(very much)

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
Columnist
Columnist
excelent Nicole

Very sad first, then sweet blush

Lois crying and Clark worried then the kiss thumbsup

Great story clap

Karla

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Loved the imagery with his eyes and the emptiness... and her plea not to give up was so sweet, too.

Lovely little story!

Hazel

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Nice! The last line is my favorite -- that's how it all started. Very, very nice.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Hey all- thanks for all the responses!! Glad to see that this little story was enjoyed smile

Okay, back to doing re-writes, lurking, READING and stuffs... uh, i mean, back to work! Because I'm at work... and that is what i do. I work. I don't do fanfic-related things until AFTER work. Yeah... :rolleyes:

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Cute. hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
I can just see this scenario, too. Lois is awfully good at rationalizing and avoiding. It takes a real shock to wake her up.

Very nicely done.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Blogger
Blogger
*tear* oh so very very lovely... wait... no... it's loverly, very loverly...
i was empathic towards clark (not sure if that's the correct word there) and also confused for a little bit while he was explaining... it's beautiful that Lois recognized that there was a change in Clark, just by seeing (or rather not seeing) the look in his eyes...

now that i'm in Adv. Comp. I think i'll be replying to more stories... it's actually fun now...

notworthy *bows in wonder to the writer*

Superteen

Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
I have replies in 3 different threads right now, which is strange smile I didn't know where to reply, but I thought it would be best here.

Thank you everyone for your kind words, it's very very appreciated!! smile1 Thanks for reading this story (my first attempt at a vignette)

Nancy, sorry for the thread confusion, I really appreciated your comments. Everything you said was so sweet. blush I'm not sure that other writers haven't explored similar variations of that idea at some point, but thank you for making me feel that mine was different and unique. I agree that it definitely was simple. Simple idea, simple to write, simple even to imagine (although Clark letting go of his Lois Lane love and fixation??? Might not be all that likely... but fun nonetheless, as pulling Lois to her senses can often be!)

So thanks everyone laugh

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Nicole

A lovely story! smile1 I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Tricia cool

Kerth
Kerth
Beautiful!! smile1

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Very nice, very warm story. I liked it.

Now, how about the same vignette from Clark's point of view? His thoughts on "giving up" on Lois. His confusion as he watches her stutter, then cry. His reaction to her plea that he not give up on her.

Please? I'd wager you could do a bang-up job on it.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard