Print Thread
#196173 04/28/03 06:17 AM
T
Tank Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
T
Those of you who have been around for awhile know that I'm involved with a group that put's on a couple of comic book conventions every year.

This past Sunday we held our small Spring one-day convention (MicroCon '03). I can report that it was a complete success. Not only did we raise a little seed money for our bigger FallCon 2 day affair but our charities made out fairly well also.

We collected over 560 pounds of food for the local foodshelves at our admissions and for the first time, we have aligned ourselves with the Lupus Foundation of Minnesota.

We weren't sure what we'd be able to do for them at our small one day convention since we don't have auctions at the one day. They were happy to just be able to set up their display and be there to disseminate information but we wanted to do more. One of the guys came up with the idea of putting donation jars on all the dealers tables and offering a free table at the FallCon for the dealer who collected the most money. With less than thirty dealers in the room and an attendance of around 700 I wasn't too optimistic as to how much we could raise.

I happy to report that we did all right. Those donation jars produced over 500 dollars for Lupus, a very credible amount indeed.

Now that the one day is behind me, I get to start working on the two day convention coming this fall. A flunky's work is never done.

Tank the Retired (who keeps wanted to retire from the conventions too, but the other guys won't let him)

#196174 04/28/03 06:20 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well done!! smile1

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#196175 04/28/03 07:35 AM
B
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
B
Congratulations, Tank! clap clap clap

And tell those comic book boys that it's your choice, so they have to let you retire if you want to. That way you'll have more time to write lots of fanfic for us. <g>

Bethy

I don't suffer from insanity...I enjoy every minute of it.

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard