Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#196119 04/25/03 12:24 AM
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Hey, when I come to the boards, the topic that is listed for each board as being the last with a post IS NOT the topic I see when I enter the forum....???? I've been in the fanfic forum a dozen times since last night and it seems that the same few posts are at the top of the post and nothing's changed. The other forums seem to be like that as well. Is there something wrong with me or is still a problem with the boards? Thanks.

#196120 04/25/03 01:04 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
It's a side-effect of the server switching time settings... When I posted yesterday, it date-stamped it as today, and the date-stamp is how the threads are sorted. So yeah, new stuff is halfway down the page. We'll outgrow it soon, though, I think, as real time catches up with "fake-server-time." Dontcha love sci-fi? cool

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#196121 04/25/03 02:44 AM
D
Blogger
Blogger
D
Was there a problem with the server time setting? When I re-upped to the boards, it noted my local time as 15 hours behind the server time (that would make the server time GMT +10 or so. near India maybe?) Is that the correct time zone for the server? (Just idle curiosity)

Frank

Monolithic biavicide ......... Killing two birds with one stone
#196122 04/25/03 05:20 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
yes, the server time was jumping around a bit. it's supposed to be on pacific standard time, which, according to this site, should be GMT-8.

there's more info in the how to section, specifically in this thread and this one.

anyway, things will hopefully be stable from now on, so new posts should be in order (it's been at least 18 hours since the server time was fixed, right?).

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard