Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: stopquitdont What's Happening? - 04/25/03 04:24 AM
Hey, when I come to the boards, the topic that is listed for each board as being the last with a post IS NOT the topic I see when I enter the forum....???? I've been in the fanfic forum a dozen times since last night and it seems that the same few posts are at the top of the post and nothing's changed. The other forums seem to be like that as well. Is there something wrong with me or is still a problem with the boards? Thanks.
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: What's Happening? - 04/25/03 05:04 AM
It's a side-effect of the server switching time settings... When I posted yesterday, it date-stamped it as today, and the date-stamp is how the threads are sorted. So yeah, new stuff is halfway down the page. We'll outgrow it soon, though, I think, as real time catches up with "fake-server-time." Dontcha love sci-fi? cool

PJ
Posted By: docward Re: What's Happening? - 04/25/03 06:44 AM
Was there a problem with the server time setting? When I re-upped to the boards, it noted my local time as 15 hours behind the server time (that would make the server time GMT +10 or so. near India maybe?) Is that the correct time zone for the server? (Just idle curiosity)

Frank
Posted By: HatMan Re: What's Happening? - 04/25/03 09:20 PM
yes, the server time was jumping around a bit. it's supposed to be on pacific standard time, which, according to this site, should be GMT-8.

there's more info in the how to section, specifically in this thread and this one.

anyway, things will hopefully be stable from now on, so new posts should be in order (it's been at least 18 hours since the server time was fixed, right?).

Paul
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards