Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
C
I live close-ish to this event. It's not exactly a con but it's kind of like one. They have writers and artists that work on Superman or superman-related stuff. Last year I went to see Art Balthazar (the artist for the Superman Family Adventures) and stayed to listen to the panel with Tracy Scoggins and Margot Kidder.

This year I'll be going just for Dean Cain! I'll need to get that Ultra Woman costume done for sure now!! I talked with my grandma-in-law and she's going to help give me pointers on what she can (she actually has a sewing machine). I've had that silly costume in the "to finish" pile (that includes multiple fanfics, pieces of fabric, and dance choreography that will never see the light of a stage) for over a year now (since I was pregnant with my second who is now 6 months). Here's hoping I can get it finished in time! It's June 12th-15th.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
L
Columnist
Columnist
L
Sadly, I don't think I have enough money to go this year. grumble I've had too many financial setbacks over the past month and can't afford the trip. Oh well. Maybe if I'm lucky, Dean will appear at a convention in Chicago some time. I wouldn't have to do much traveling for that.

I went to the Superman Celebration last year and had a lot of fun, though, so I encourage anyone who has the money to take the trip. You won't regret it. thumbsup

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
It looks like he's only going to be there on Saturday. I'll be there! With the pooch wink

"It's the mythology of a sun god who wished he was a man because he saw something so great in us.
It's the story of a hero who could move whole worlds and see through stars and hear a whisper on the other side of the planet...
...and who fell in love with a storyteller." - ashmaht (x)
C
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
C
Originally posted by Kismatt:
It looks like he's only going to be there on Saturday. I'll be there! With the pooch wink
If you see a woman in a pink unitarded Ultra Woman costume ask me if I'm on this forum because that would be me! (now I DEFINITELY need to get said costume finished.)

CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
Top Banana
Top Banana
mecry

You are so lucky.

I never get to see anyone fab like this. Went to London Expo once and there were some big stars there, but I can't afford to be going to London again.

Nearest to me is Manchester. It's easy, quick and cheap to go to Manchester, but special guests. Pah. "What's a special guest" I hear the organizers say.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally posted by Christina:
Originally posted by Kismatt:
[b] It looks like he's only going to be there on Saturday. I'll be there! With the pooch wink
If you see a woman in a pink unitarded Ultra Woman costume ask me if I'm on this forum because that would be me! (now I DEFINITELY need to get said costume finished.) [/b]
If you see a large woman with an old beagle, that would be me wink

"It's the mythology of a sun god who wished he was a man because he saw something so great in us.
It's the story of a hero who could move whole worlds and see through stars and hear a whisper on the other side of the planet...
...and who fell in love with a storyteller." - ashmaht (x)
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
How fun! He will love your costume and I'm sure you'll love him, he's such a sweetie!

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
C
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
C
Thanks, jackiek! I'm working feverishly to finish it. I took a break from it when I found out my grandmother-in-law's birthday is the same day (it's about an hour-half drive for me). Luckily that's not until the afternoon. I might even be able to see the Q&A session before I have to get on the road! I'm just hoping I can get tickets for one of the morning signings (if the only tickets are in the afternoon I'll have to just skip that and ask a question at the Q/A instead).

For those interested, here's his Meet and Greet Schedule. Dean Cain is signing autographs at the restored Baymont Theater!

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard