Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#195922 09/27/13 02:04 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Just researching a couple of lines from the script for "I've Got A Crush On You" and ran into this. Found it rotflol :

Clark watches as Toni goes over to the-door and greets LEX LEATHER. Clark quickly turns away so that Leather doesn't notice him.
It's back to Luthor in the rest of the script, but it was a funny goof, as I pictured him dressed in all black leather strolling into the club.

All in all, it made me think we should keep a list of goofs, line mix-ups and slight variants from script to screen. If not to help keep track of what actually made it to canon, then just for kicks and giggles. Wasn't sure quite where to post this, so Labby, you're free to bump it wherever you like. laugh

Also, in the same script, it has Clark pouring Toni Taylor's drink at super quickly and I don't think that's how it went down in the show, but would need to double check.
Clark pours Toni a drink at _SUPER_ _SPEED_ and places it in front of her.

TONI
(startled)
I've had one better but I've never had one faster
Any other slips you've noticed that were played out differently on screen?

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
#195923 09/27/13 02:12 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Clark watches as Toni goes over to the-door and greets LEX LEATHER. Clark quickly turns away so that Leather doesn't notice him.
*snaaaaaarf* I wonder if that made it into the hands of the cast. Bet they had a big laugh!! lol

No, he didn't make the drink at superspeed...but he did use superbreath to freeze the ice cubes.

"It's the mythology of a sun god who wished he was a man because he saw something so great in us.
It's the story of a hero who could move whole worlds and see through stars and hear a whisper on the other side of the planet...
...and who fell in love with a storyteller." - ashmaht (x)
#195924 09/30/13 08:10 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Kismatt:
<strong> </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> Clark watches as Toni goes over to the-door and greets LEX LEATHER. Clark quickly turns away so that Leather doesn't notice him.
*snaaaaaarf* I wonder if that made it into the hands of the cast. Bet they had a big laugh!! rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#195925 09/30/13 11:51 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I'm picturing Lex in a very unfortunate black leather outfit that would be more at home on the Nfic side of things.
Put Clark in the leather and we'll talk wink

angel-devil

"It's the mythology of a sun god who wished he was a man because he saw something so great in us.
It's the story of a hero who could move whole worlds and see through stars and hear a whisper on the other side of the planet...
...and who fell in love with a storyteller." - ashmaht (x)
#195926 09/30/13 03:28 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Kismatt:
<strong> </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> I'm picturing Lex in a very unfortunate black leather outfit that would be more at home on the Nfic side of things.
Put Clark in the leather and we'll talk wink

drool

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#195927 09/30/13 05:30 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
One of the most obvious changes from Script to Screen is from The Prankster:

The memorable scene where we learn about Lois's Mel Gibson/Lethal Weapon fascination was completely different before it made it to air...
The Script:
LOIS: Hi. I had this sudden urge pizza and a Woody Allen movie and know how much you like pizza and Woody Allen too, well, at least early work, so here I am.

CLARK: (closing door) Great. Come in.

LOIS: So. What do you want with? BANANAS? SLEEPER? EVERYTHING YOU EVER WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT... nah... how about ANNIE HALL? It was always one of my favorites.

CLARK: Lois, is something wrong?

LOIS: (false bravado) Does something have to be wrong for me to want to spend some time with a friend?

CLARK: Sorry. ANNIE HALL would be fine.
Then later on where on screen we would normally be hearing Clark ask Lois how he'd look with an ear ring as she falls asleep next to him...
CLARK: I love this part where he visits her family. It reminds me of blind date I had once...
Switching films from Woody Allen to Mel Gibson totally changes this aspect of Lois's personality. I've heard that in some of the dubbed foreign language versions, the Woody Allen dialogue is still used.

Also, in the Prankster script, Kyle Griffin was supposed to be arrested on Treason charges due to his weapons manufacturing:
The Script:
LOIS: My first big story was an expose on the arms business. It lead to the FBI arresting a dozen people for treason Kyle Griffin was at the top of the list.
On the screen the treason charges weren't mentioned, hopefully because he was let out of jail after a mere 5 years of "good behavior". Some of us would hope that a treason charge means more mandatory jail time.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#195928 09/30/13 05:43 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
In FlyHard, Willie was formerly known as "Bill" Robertson, but apparently the Maitre d'(Jimmy) of Dragonetti's Club didn't know this:

The Script:
MAITRE'D/JIMMY: The mayor's brother, that actress from the coast, Lieutenant Moore at the bar and Bud Robertson waiting for you at your table with Lily.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#195929 10/03/13 06:41 AM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I once went through and found all the variations from the script to screen from "The Night Before Mxymass" and noted them down on a printout. However about a month ago I was cleaning things out and threw out the printout. Let me see if I can remember the main ones.

In the script, Lois is just randomly listing people with names we never heard before who she is giving presents to. In the show these are replaced by the mayor and the archbishop.

Also she mentioned explicitly about having been in jail in that babble in the script.

They also had Mxyzptlk taking credit for sinking the Titanic, and maybe another additional thing besides the fall of Rome.

John Pack Lambert
#195930 10/03/13 12:03 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
In "Brutal Youth" the opening scene as contained in the script closed with Lois saying, after telling Clark they are not leaving the room "just don't roll over and go to sleep" They also seemed to have intended we not realize that Lois and Clark were on the ceiling until that point. I guess they decided that that line really did not fit with Lois and Clark really, really enjoying eachother, her suggesting he might nod off.

John Pack Lambert
#195931 10/04/13 12:38 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Brutal Youth's script also has Perry saying something like "Mr. and Mrs. Clark Ke-, of, have we decided on a name, of well, the happy couple" when they first got off the elevator. They totally drop anything like that in the show. In fact I am pretty sure they cut that whole set of lines and just lead with Jimmy asking about Hawaii.

Then when Benny Rockland shows up, in the script he says of Lois "hey, you weren't lying, she's a babe". They cut that line out as well.

Then when Lois and Klein are talking about what could have sucked out the youth, in the script Klein says what caused it could have been "intense radiation, a cell disruptor, any Patrick Swayzee movie". They don't have the Patrick Swayzee line in the show. frown

John Pack Lambert
#195932 10/04/13 12:49 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I just noticed at times in the scipts they refer to "the Blue Blur", which reminds me of the "Reb Blue Blur" in Smallville. In this case, it is when Clark in uniform is just seen as a blur.

John Pack Lambert
#195933 10/04/13 07:11 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
In the script of House of Luthor Lois says Sam and Lucy won't be at her wedding because her father is in Africa and Lucy is in Nepal. In the episode they were not mentioned.

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
#195934 10/14/13 05:16 AM
G
Blogger
Blogger
G
In NEB.. Tony Jay's character wasn't known as Nigel St John, but was called Albert, however when it aired only the two jumpers had names.

#195935 10/25/13 12:16 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I was just looking up Cosgrove's dialogue in ASU when I found something surprising in the scene before Clark flies up to battle Nightfall (the first time, after he kisses Lois and is talking to Gen. Zeitlin):

SUPERMAN (CONT'D): If I hit it at maximum speed, it's their opinion I'll achieve a 50-megaton explosive force. I think we should try that first and not risk the fallout.

General Zeitlin nods. He sees a limousine. He stands back, erect, and salutes.

COSGROVE: He's here.

WE SEE a silver-haired man getting out, move toward Superman. He is THE PRESIDENT

THE PRESIDENT: Superman, it takes commitment and courage to accept this responsibility. I know I speak for my fellow Americans, but I also think I speak for the entire world, when I say thank you and God bless you.

The President puts out his hand, and Superman shakes it.

SUPERMAN: I'll do my best. (to everyone) I think everybody should stand back now.
shock Well, lookie there. Hello, Mr. President.

VirginiaR.
---
#195936 10/31/13 07:18 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
In the Season One CD, there is a brief promo film of Lex in a black leather outfit. Yummy!

In my fic Stranger in our Midst, there is a scene where he is wearing a black leather jacket on his date with Aykira Milan.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
#195937 11/01/13 04:57 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
John's question 89a in the LnC Dangling Threads made me remember of a part of dialog that was not aired. At the ending of House of Luthor in the script there's this conversation between Lois and Clark:

LOIS: (miserably) It's my fault. All of it. If Lex hadn't wanted me so badly he never would've destroyed the Planet. (beat) Why me?

CLARK: Because Lex Luthor always wanted what he could never have.

LOIS: He almost did.

CLARK: (fervently) No. You said 'no.' You never would have gone through with it.
I wish it had aired. It was important for Lois and Clark. frown

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
#195938 11/01/13 11:38 AM
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wish that had been included, too...just a little more conversation btw Lois and Clark about everything they had just been through would have been nice. Thanks for sharing this--interesting smile

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
#195939 03/19/14 10:01 AM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Reviving this. Because I just found another line that was just perfect.

(From "Whine, Whine, Whine" script)
CLARK
(stalls)
I'm not sure what I'm supposed to
say, Lois.

LOIS
The truth. I'm at the point now
with this, with us, that I need to
hear the truth. Whatever it is.

Trapped. Trapped like a fly in a sticky web. At this
moment, we hear, from somewhere O.S., a faintish SQUEAL OF
BRAKES. Clark reacts. If Clark Kent were capable of
saying, "Oh, sh*t!!" -- now would be the time.

CLARK
I'm really sorry, Lois --

He rushes OUT OF FRAME. Lois may pop an artery.
rotflol

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
#195940 03/19/14 10:32 AM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
I was just looking up Cosgrove's dialogue in ASU when I found something surprising in the scene before Clark flies up to battle Nightfall (the first time, after he kisses Lois and is talking to Gen. Zeitlin):

SUPERMAN (CONT'D): If I hit it at maximum speed, it's their opinion I'll achieve a 50-megaton explosive force. I think we should try that first and not risk the fallout.

General Zeitlin nods. He sees a limousine. He stands back, erect, and salutes.

COSGROVE: He's here.

WE SEE a silver-haired man getting out, move toward Superman. He is THE PRESIDENT

THE PRESIDENT: Superman, it takes commitment and courage to accept this responsibility. I know I speak for my fellow Americans, but I also think I speak for the entire world, when I say thank you and God bless you.

The President puts out his hand, and Superman shakes it.

SUPERMAN: I'll do my best. (to everyone) I think everybody should stand back now.
shock Well, lookie there. Hello, Mr. President.
I'm sad they didn't go with that one, he sounds like he would have been a more imposing president than the one they got later on.

John Pack Lambert
#195941 03/19/14 11:58 AM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
In "Supermann" just after Perry and the no story about a bomb interchange we get this in the script:

'''PERRY''' (still teasing) Well, that oughta be an easy story to write up. Short and sweet. Why, heck, I'll write it myself. You both probably have more important stuff to do, like... plan a wedding, huh? Have you decided on what kind of music you're gonna have, yet?

'''LOIS''' Not... exactly.

'''PERRY''' Whoever you get, they gotta be able
to play the King. The King puts people on the dance floor.
In the actual show they cut off "planning a wedding" and went straight into Jimmy with the Supermodel picture.

John Pack Lambert
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard