Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
Does anybody have a favorite villain from the show? List as many favorites as you want, but be sure to tell us which one you like the most.

My favorite villains would probably include:

Lex Luthor
Tempus
Jason Trask
Mindy Church, Bill Church, and Bill Church, Jr.

While I like all of them for different reasons, my favorite is probably Mindy Church, with Lex Luthor coming in at a close second. The reason I've always liked Mindy is that there's something intriguing to me about the villains that are harder for the heroes to spot, and Mindy's dumb blonde persona makes people underestimate just how dangerous she is.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I'm with you on Mindy Church. She had the funniest lines and positioned herself to be underestimated. I always liked her.

Clark: "Lois, you know, I really hope someday that you learn, that sometimes what it seems like people are doing isn't what they're really doing."
Lois: "What are you, a fortune cookie?"
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
Mindy Church hands down, same reasons.

The Prankster a distant second.

Shallowford
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Mindy Church was one of my favorites. I really wonder why they didn't bring her back/use her in Season 4 in some way.

Deter was a favorite in a very specific way. He was "evil" in a way that was very realistic and not at all comic-bookish. It was the kind of smarmy actions that I could very easily imagine a real person doing.

Jason Trask was a favorite that I really wish could have been a semi-regular thorn in their side.

Tempus was enjoyable but there were times when I really wish they hadn't used him (I'm looking at you, "Soul Mates").

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Kerth
Kerth
I love villains, just in general (in fact this reminds me of a challenge I was considering posting recently as I have been doing some deep thinking about the LnC villains... I might just do that yet). I gotta say, Lex Luthor is still my favorite. Always has been, in (almost) every incarnation of Superman, and always will be. Tempus is fun in a timey-wimey way, and a nice little side story that's not really crucial to Superman (though I agree that he was used exactly *one* too many times). I like Mindy Church, probably would put her in 3rd place. But I love all the villains, really (I'm a villains kind of girl, even though deep down I still want my hero to win. Mostly.) laugh

Off to write a challenge now... wink

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I like villains with a sense of humor (especially one I can laugh at or with):

TEMPUS! <<Sigh>> smile1

Prankster is growing on me since writing my prankster stories earlier this year.

Jefferson Cole (I loved that bit where he made notes to himself on the tape-recorder). clap He was great. I just hated the whole trial aspect around this episode. Has anyone written a story about him without it involving sending Lois to jail? (I mean, other than me.)

In the EVIL department:

Mindy Church is terrific with her stealth attack. (Although, the Churches themselves, I didn't like much.)

Jason Trask (Yes, they should have brought back B39! Scariest villains ever!)

Bad Brain (I only wish they had used him in an actual episode).

WORST Villains (as in RE-Write, people!)

Katie Banks / Herbie Saxe (Ghosts) - Yawn

Dr. Klaus Mensa (i.e. Fat Head from the Family Hour) - you've *got* to be kidding me!

Smart Kids ('nuf said) - Although, they might also fall into the category of Villains who weren't really bad (also really annoying type villain).

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard