Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
J
Other than Jimmy's line in "Man of Steel Bars" do they ever in any other Lois and Clark episode make mention to A-how long Superman has been around, B-How long Lois and Clark have known eachother or C-how long Clark has actually been in Metropolis. I am wondering because with Clark not seeming to be worried Lois will react to teasing about them being in the same hotel room in "Honeymoon in Metropolis" it seems like it should be more than just a week since "Pheremone My Lovely", "Illusions of Grandeur" and "Ides of Metropolis" also both seem to need to happen months after the last episode, although I guess with only 22 episodes that is a little more than two weeks per episode overall, and since Superman may have come in the Spring, maybe even more than that.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
In AKA Superman, Penny has a checklist. One is that "Superman" has been in Metropolis for X years (I can't remember if it's 3 or 4, but I'm thinking 4) and Jimmy tells her that he's been at the planet for that amount of time.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
From the AKA Superman script:

EXT. STREETSIDE CAFE - LATER

Jimmy and Penny sit at a curbside table. Penny refers to her notepad, oblivious to passing guys checking her out.

PENNY
So when exactly did you start working at the Daily Planet?

JIMMY
A little over four years ago...started as an office grunt. Moved to photo assistant...

Penny nods and jots in her pad. In her notebook she makes a check beside: SUPES APPEARED FOUR YEARS AGO. Several other super-factoids have already been checked off.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Kerth
Kerth
A little over four years ago...started as an office grunt. Moved to photo assistant...

Penny nods and jots in her pad. In her notebook she makes a check beside: SUPES APPEARED FOUR YEARS AGO.
It's the sloppy stuff like that which makes the third and fourth seasons so difficult for me to watch. When Clark first starts at the Planet, it seemed clear to me that Jimmy had been there for a while. I'd guess he was there at least a year before Clark was.

I don't think it's asking too much for a show to be consistent within itself. It was crap like that that made me stop watching X-Files a couple of years before it was finally, mercifully, off the air. /rant

My take on the first few episodes is that the Pilot is sometime in the spring. 'Strange Visitor' and 'Neverending Battle' are maybe a month later. Each episode after that have to be a couple weeks (or more) apart because, by 'Man of Steel Bars', it's December and there's a heat wave.

ETA: The first season comprises more than a year. In 'Barbarians at the Planet', when they're all sitting around reminiscing after the building gets blown up, Clark says that it was just over a year ago that he started there. For whatever reason, I've always had it in my head that Lex would have gone for the cliche and planned a June wedding. Or maybe I just think that because it supports my theory that Clark started there in the spring (like maybe April or May). :p

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
According to SuperMann, the Nazis who came out deep sleep did so (during NeverEnding Battle) in May 1993, so I usually say that the Pilot took place in May 1993. I too also believe that Lex/Lois wedding was held in June 1994 (It makes sense for Lex's character). Heat Wave was set in December in the script but when they aired it, Lois actually says it's "November".

Other dates mentioned in the series (If you're as detailed-oriented as me, you probably watched where the copies of the DP flying around in the episodes for dates):

- Perry's birthday (Vatman and Tempus Fugitive both take place on Perry's b-day) is March 17th.
- The wedding (S4) takes place on Oct 6th, 1996 (I screwed this up in 'Missing Lois' because I didn't know that they actually mentioned an actual date, so I remember it NOW :rolleyes: )
- SLV takes place between Jan 16-23, 1997
- Vixen March 13-24, 1997
- I've Got You Under My Skin around April 11, 1997.
- Also, while doing research for Wrong Clark, I discovered that the calender to which Rourke and Harrington are pointing to in HiM is actually a Dec 1993 calender (even though I placed it closer to another date in my story, because it was too late to change it by the time I discovered this fact).

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
J
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
J
From re-watching "Swaer to God, this time we're not kidding", I realized that Myrtle Beach says she had been away for 3 years, which means that apparently Lois and Clark's investigation to put her away concluded about October 1993, give or take some amount of time.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
From re-watching "Swaer to God, this time we're not kidding", I realized that Myrtle Beach says she had been away for 3 years, which means that apparently Lois and Clark's investigation to put her away concluded about October 1993, give or take some amount of time.
Oopps. I guess they forgot to write that episode in S1, and the one where they catch Bad Brain.

VirginiaR.
---

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard