Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
J
I was hoping to ask this more in universe, but since a both actually play multiple roles, I had to ask about the actors to get at the issue I am trying to figure out.

What I know for sure is 1-Dean Cain is listed first in the credits, even though the show is "Lois and Clark". However the show name is a deliberate play on "Lewis and Clark" (one of the awards they mention is the Meriweather, which was the first name of the explorer Lewis).

2-Lois appears first in the Pilot. This might lead us to conclude that intially Lois was more focused on, but later Clark comes to the for.

3-We have lots more interaction of Clark with his parents without Lois, than Lois with her parents without Clark.

4-"Requium for a Superhero" and a few season one shows has short clips with just Clark (I am remembering the one where he saves the milk jug he accidetally but in the garpage).

5-I am pretty sure overall it is very close. In fact so many scenes involve both that this is a hard figure to count.

I think though the focus is a bit more on Clark, so I would guess Dean Cain actually gets more screen time.

John Pack Lambert
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Dean gets more screen time by virtue of the fact that he is Clark and Superman, right? So because of the dual roles, my feeling is that Dean gets more screen time than Teri.

However, if the question is "Who gets more screen time, Lois or Clark?", then I would probably go with...hmm, that's a tough one to nail without doing loads of research. I think it's probably a close call, and that it changes depending on the episode/season. Some episodes were Superman heavy, which would make me mad because I was a Clark fan, and Superman was just an interruption, for me.

Between Lois and Clark, I would guess that Clark got the most screen time, then Lois, then Superman. But that's just my immediate reaction.

Clark: "Lois, you know, I really hope someday that you learn, that sometimes what it seems like people are doing isn't what they're really doing."
Lois: "What are you, a fortune cookie?"
J
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
J
Well, then there is Lois unnamed Doubel, the Superman cloe, the Lois Clone, Barry the Superman inpersonator, Dean playing the role of Jaxon pretending to be Cklark in "Virtually Destroyed", and Dean as the guy who stole Clark's body. I guess I can also throw in Lois possessed by Katie Banks. Oh, and then the flashback scenes in "Fly Hard" where Lois and Clark have roles. Then there is "Don't Tug on Superman's cape", where one of the three dream sequences lacks Lois. However those don't add up to much.

An easier to determin thing would be who has more lines of dialogue.

John Pack Lambert

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard