Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
I enjoyed the dream sequences in this episode. Doing parodies of “I Love Lucy,” “Dragnet,” and James Bond made for some funny scenes. The fact that they included a James Bond parody is especially funny considering that Teri Hatcher would later go on to appear in a James Bond movie.

I also liked the reference to the Batmobile. References like this and other Batman references made throughout the show always made me wish that Batman had appeared in a guest spot on “Lois and Clark.”

I also thought it was amusing that Tim and Amber probably could have been successful had they only kept that chuck of kryptonite. Their plan was almost perfect, but in the end, they had no way to control Superman should something go wrong.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
My favorite scene was the one at Clark's place, when Lois puts on Clark's glasses and calls herself a "dope" and then Clark turns around like, "wasn't Lois just here a second ago?". I always chuckle at that part.

Plus, I actually think Lois' hair looks cute in this scene - not so much in the later scenes. And Clark in the cut off t-shirt? thumbsup His arms look so good...sigh.

Clark: "Lois, you know, I really hope someday that you learn, that sometimes what it seems like people are doing isn't what they're really doing."
Lois: "What are you, a fortune cookie?"
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Teri's take on the classical I Love Lucy. Pitch perfect.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
N
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
N
Plus, I actually think Lois' hair looks cute in this scene - not so much in the later scenes.
The eternal mystery (to me) of S3 Lois hair: sometimes (rarely), like in that scene, it looked so cute and youthful and feminine. Many other times (especially when they went anywhere near "curly bouffant"), it aged her 20 years.

This is one of my top 3 favorite S3 episodes. My slight quibble with the episode is what I've read others say elsewhere: you get inadequate reaction to Clark's thought that Lois might be dead. But it was a lot of fun and a great relationship episode.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Episode-related fanfics: Not many. Is it because Clark is so devastated by Lois's supposed death? He's undone. There are many fics, on the other hand, where Lois thinks that Clark is dead (TOGOM, anyone?) and somehow that's a more palatable fic topic.

Anyway, there are a few. Adam Labotka wrote two: Don\'t Tug On Superman\'s Friends , which explores the reactions of Jimmy and Perry to Lois's supposed death. It's a sequel to Don\'t Tug On Superman\'s Heart which is from Clark's POV.

Another Clark-POV-fic where he is dealing with his loss is Matrix's Quiet Regret . Clark goes to Lois's apartment and looks through her things.

And that's about it! These are all I can find on the Archive Database with the keyword of "Episode-Related". If you have more, please add to the thread.

J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I have to say the "I Love Lucy" opening was the best part of the episode. I also liked Clark's "maybe we should stop talking about anything" lead in to the kiss.

It still was a bit odd that Clark managed to get Lois to go to Kansas, even if she went back too quick.

On the other hand they missed an opportunity to play with how Clark reacts to Lois dieing. In fact, I would not have minded if they had made this two episodes, stopping with Lois still thought dead, and had one fewer espidoes in the wedding arc.

John Pack Lambert
S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
I love this episode because Lois once again shows how deeply she loves and trusts Clark. When she touches the cage wall,her life is completely in his hands, and there are no do overs.(It's the second time Superman had to "kill her to save her".Is there a theme going on here or something?) frown

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
This was a good episode. That is why I think it should have been two. Then they could have drawn "Ultra Women" into two episodes, and only done 3 episodes in the wedding arc, and it might have been livable.

The interruption of the first wedding was not an unredeemable arrggh moment. It was drawing it out for 5 episodes, with two Lois amnesias.

John Pack Lambert
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
I just noticed something while re-watching this episode for a fic I'm in the midst of working on re-searching stuff for. About 22 minutes in I caught an image of the Kent farmhouse as two level home (probably built late 1870s). A TWO LEVEL house. It's not a small two floor house either. I tried to find the website that used to have stills but it looks like it's shut down.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Christina
I just noticed something while re-watching this episode for a fic I'm in the midst of working on re-searching stuff for. About 22 minutes in I caught an image of the Kent farmhouse as two level home (probably built late 1870s). A TWO LEVEL house. It's not a small two floor house either. I tried to find the website that used to have stills but it looks like it's shut down.
I'm confused by the difference between a "two level" and "two story" or "two floor" house. Since Lois comes down the stairs in GGGoH, I've always assumed that the house was two story.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
I guess I always imagined (prior to this) like the second floor was built into the roof/attic. This one looks like there's more than two or three bedrooms up there. Possibly servant/farmhand quarters.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard