Next Thread
Print Thread
#195431 03/15/13 10:03 AM
magical Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Two part question:

Okay, so in ATAI, Lois instructs Superman to "tell Clark that I love him." Then in WHALTTA, she tells Martha, "You know I love him.". What I'm wondering is, when does Lois tell Clark that she loves him? Yeah, there's the JSN "because I'm hopelessly in love with you" comment, but I mean a good old fashioned - "I love you".

Second question: when do you think Lois realized she was in love with Clark?

Clark: "Lois, you know, I really hope someday that you learn, that sometimes what it seems like people are doing isn't what they're really doing."
Lois: "What are you, a fortune cookie?"
#195432 03/15/13 11:08 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hmmm...as to the first question, I can't think of if or when she just said "I love you."

As to the second question, I think she first realized it in TOGoM when she thought Clark was dead. I really do think the idea that she would never see him again allowed her to confront the feelings that she'd been ignoring: specifically, that she was falling in love with him, despite the fact that they hadn't begun dating yet.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#195433 03/15/13 11:43 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by magical:
Okay, so in ATAI, Lois instructs Superman to "tell Clark that I love him." Then in WHALTTA, she tells Martha, "You know I love him.". What I'm wondering is, when does Lois tell Clark that she loves him? Yeah, there's the JSN "because I'm hopelessly in love with you" comment, but I mean a good old fashioned - "I love you".
Technically, the first time would be in PML, but she wasn't sober, so we can't really count it. The second time was in ASU, but then she backed away from it with a "like a brother" disclaimer. Does she say it after she takes care of the bomb in WhaLtTA or was that Clark? I have a vague feeling she says it casually at some point in OP while they're on the island, like during the campfire scene. Does she say it in DToSC when they're stuck in the cages or UW when she proposes?

She was ready to tell Clark that she had feelings for him at the end of HoL, but I agree with DC that it isn't until ToGoM that she realizes the strength of her feelings.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#195434 03/15/13 03:09 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Virginia is right!!! hyper I just checked the script for WHALTTA...this is from when Superman takes Lois into "space."

LOIS (CONT'D)
It's so beautiful.

SUPERMAN
I used to come up here a lot by myself and just... drift. Not part of the stars, not part of the Earth. Not knowing where I fit in... till I met you.

LOIS
Oh, Clark...

SUPERMAN
I'll wait for you, Lois. I'll wait as long as you need me to.

LOIS
I want you to know...I love you. (her hand on his face)
You're not alone anymore.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#195435 03/15/13 08:47 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Originally posted by Deadly Chakram:
Virginia is right!!! hyper I just checked the script for WHALTTA...this is from when Superman takes Lois into "space."

LOIS (CONT'D)
It's so beautiful.

SUPERMAN
I used to come up here a lot by myself and just... drift. Not part of the stars, not part of the Earth. Not knowing where I fit in... till I met you.

LOIS
Oh, Clark...

SUPERMAN
I'll wait for you, Lois. I'll wait as long as you need me to.

LOIS
I want you to know...I love you. (her hand on his face)
You're not alone anymore.
Put does that really count, with him in the Superman suit and all? I guess since she did call him Clark, we probably have to accept it.

On the other hand, does she say anything along those lines at the end of "Whine, Whine, Whine"? I also, even if she does not say it, she seems to imply it.

John Pack Lambert
#195436 03/16/13 06:32 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I would say it totally counts. Lois knows that Clark is Superman then. So she knows she's talking to the man, not the iconic superhero.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#195437 03/16/13 07:20 AM
magical Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
I agree that it counts then, because she knows Clark = Superman then, unlike in ATAI.

I just find it interesting that Lois tells Superman (not knowing he is Clark), Perry and Martha that she loves Clark before she actually, knowingly tells Clark. Gotta love that Lois!

Thanks for the answers!

Clark: "Lois, you know, I really hope someday that you learn, that sometimes what it seems like people are doing isn't what they're really doing."
#195438 03/16/13 10:29 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
On the other hand, does she say anything along those lines at the end of "Whine, Whine, Whine"? I also, even if she does not say it, she seems to imply it.
Nope, sorry, John. According to the script, which is how I remember it:
LOIS: The fact that we're partners... best friends... and this. (She launches herself at him in a passionate kiss.)

CLARK: (taken aback for a moment, then returns the kiss, deeply and passionately.)

Lois: (breaks from the kiss, her lips close to his as she speaks) If you want to run away from this, tell me now.

CLARK: I won't run, Lois. I'm ready for the next step if you are.
An aside thought, as I was looking through the ATAI script, if Perry thought they eloped in this episode, why is he so shocked when Clark proposed before they dated in the next episode (WhaLtTA)?

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#195439 03/16/13 11:10 AM
magical Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
An aside thought, as I was looking through the ATAI script, if Perry thought they eloped in this episode, why is he so shocked when Clark proposed before they dated in the next episode (WhaLtTA)
Maybe because eloping tends to be a spur-of-the-moment type thing, while proposing requires thought and planning. Perry could believe they would do something impulsive like elope, but that if Clark had actually given thought to marrying Lois, that he would realize they were too new into the relationship. Clark isn't prone to leaping before he looks, as Lois is, and so Perry is shocked that he's proposed so early on.

#195440 03/17/13 10:14 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
An aside thought, as I was looking through the ATAI script, if Perry thought they eloped in this episode, why is he so shocked when Clark proposed before they dated in the next episode (WhaLtTA)
Maybe because eloping tends to be a spur-of-the-moment type thing, while proposing requires thought and planning. Perry could believe they would do something impulsive like elope, but that if Clark had actually given thought to marrying Lois, that he would realize they were too new into the relationship. Clark isn't prone to leaping before he looks, as Lois is, and so Perry is shocked that he's proposed so early on.
The thing is....if they eloped, WHY would they be in the bullpen on the PHONE and wearing the same clothes and NOT IN A BED somewhere??

Come on, Perry! lol lol

"It's the mythology of a sun god who wished he was a man because he saw something so great in us.
It's the story of a hero who could move whole worlds and see through stars and hear a whisper on the other side of the planet...
...and who fell in love with a storyteller." - ashmaht (x)
#195441 03/18/13 02:41 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally posted by Kismatt:
<strong> </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> An aside thought, as I was looking through the ATAI script, if Perry thought they eloped in this episode, why is he so shocked when Clark proposed before they dated in the next episode (WhaLtTA)
The thing is....if they eloped, WHY would they be in the bullpen on the PHONE and wearing the same clothes and NOT IN A BED somewhere??

Come on, Perry! lol huh

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
#195442 03/18/13 07:41 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Kismatt:
<strong>The thing is....if they eloped, WHY would they be in the bullpen on the PHONE and wearing the same clothes and NOT IN A BED somewhere??

Come on, Perry! lol clap

VirginiaR.
---
#195443 03/19/13 04:37 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Okay, so in ATAI, Lois instructs Superman to "tell Clark that I love him." Then in WHALTTA, she tells Martha, "You know I love him.". What I'm wondering is, when does Lois tell Clark that she loves him?
I've wondered this exact same thing! I eventually decided that somewhere, off screen, between WWW and ATAI, she had to have told him. Otherwise there's simply no way I can see him proposing to her.
At the end of the first season, when she was about to marry Lex, she realized that Clark meant far more than just a friend to her. She was even going to tell him, but Clark went first and said he didn't mean his "I love you." After that, why take the risk and look like an idiot? I kind of wish that we could have seen more glimpses of her pining after Clark without having to bring in Mayson for a foil.
I'm with John on this one. She doesn't say it. But showing up at his place to tell him that she's broken it off with Dan and then throwing herself at him strongly implies that they're no longer "just friends." It's not love, necessarily, but it's a start.

I think it's time for a story that takes place in between WWW and ATAI where she finally gives voice to her feelings. laugh

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
#195444 03/20/13 06:06 AM
magical Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
I think it's time for a story that takes place in between WWW and ATAI where she finally gives voice to her feelings.
Yes, Sue, I wholeheartedly agree with you! That's was such a turning point in their relationship and in the series and I felt that it was so rushed. It could've been flushed out a bit further for me. I love their romance.

So...once "Second Honeymoon" is finished, are you volunteering to write this story to give Lois a chance to say those three scary words?

#195445 04/08/13 09:29 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Kismatt:
<strong>The thing is....if they eloped, WHY would they be in the bullpen on the PHONE and wearing the same clothes and NOT IN A BED somewhere??

Come on, Perry! lol clap
Maybe it is that Perry understands Clark enough to know that he would not have "spent the night" with Lois in that way unless they were married.

John Pack Lambert
#195446 04/08/13 09:31 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Originally posted by Sue S.:
Okay, so in ATAI, Lois instructs Superman to "tell Clark that I love him." Then in WHALTTA, she tells Martha, "You know I love him.". What I'm wondering is, when does Lois tell Clark that she loves him?
I've wondered this exact same thing! I eventually decided that somewhere, off screen, between WWW and ATAI, she had to have told him. Otherwise there's simply no way I can see him proposing to her.
That makes sense. I mean, it is very easy to see them saying that even just after the fade at the end of "Whine, Whine, Whine", especially if Clark manages to not have to run off for any Super saves for a while.

John Pack Lambert
#195447 04/08/13 09:34 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I think it's time for a story that takes place in between WWW and ATAI where she finally gives voice to her feelings.
Yes, Sue, I wholeheartedly agree with you! That's was such a turning point in their relationship and in the series and I felt that it was so rushed. It could've been flushed out a bit further for me. I love their romance.

So...once "Second Honeymoon" is finished, are you volunteering to write this story to give Lois a chance to say those three scary words?
I might actually try to write such a story. I tried writing a story to fit there before, but it was more just a Clark dragging his feet on telling Lois the truth. If it is a Lois reveals her secret story it will be interesting. Maybe even tells Clark that she was in love with him way back when she almost married Luthor.

John Pack Lambert
#195448 04/17/13 02:50 PM
Kerth
Kerth
John said:
I might actually try to write such a story. I tried writing a story to fit there before, but it was more just a Clark dragging his feet on telling Lois the truth. If it is a Lois reveals her secret story it will be interesting. Maybe even tells Clark that she was in love with him way back when she almost married Luthor.
hyper Go for it!

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
#195449 04/30/13 02:59 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
In "Lucky Leon" when Jimmy, Clark and Lois are all tied up in Leon's old factory Clark begins saying "Lois there is something I have been meaning to tell you". I am pretty sure he is going to tell her he is SM.

Lois responds "I like you to Clark". I guess it is not quite "I love you" but it is something along those lines. I am really not sure why Clark wimped out of telling her that he is SM, especially with that encoraging line from her.

John Pack Lambert

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard