Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
I thought the character of Resplendent Man was very funny. My favorite moment involving him was when he punches Gretchen at the end after Superman hesitates. I also enjoyed seeing Superman have to deal with someone having his abilities who didn’t share the same code as he did. It really makes you appreciate who Superman is as a character more. Not just anyone with the same powers would be as great as Clark was, and many would be much worse than Resplendent Man was.

I also enjoyed Lois’ realization that Superman wasn’t completely being truthful with her as well as her ultimate realization that it would be a bad thing if everybody knew how Superman’s powers could be transferred. It was nice to see how she dealt with the ethics involved with how much people deserved to know about Superman.

J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
This episode has what seems to be fan fics favorite excuse bar none, the Cheese of the Month Club.

One interesting question is how Mrs. Cox knew where Luthor's body was.

John Pack Lambert
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Of course, my favorite fic related to this episode is Cindy Leuch's Bolt, From Dubuque . Extra points for the catchy title. What if plain Kevin Jones gets Clark's powers? What happens then?

Alisha Knight, in her The Game , uses the events of "Bolt" as a backdrop, but the fic is really about Lois coming to know Clark in his other identity. Fun to read and don't miss it.

Molly serves a mash-up of "Bolt From The Blue" and "Chip Off The Old Clark" in her A Little Something Super .

There are very few fics with this tag in the Database. Probably because there isn't a ton of romance in this episode, or perhaps Resplendent Man is just too over-the-top to be written about.

The concept of Clark's powers being transmissible by lightning/electricity exposure is used in other fics, though; I particularly like Wendy Richard's When Lightning Strikes Twice , which poses the chilling scenario - what if Lex Luthor gets Superman's powers?

C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
I've had a concept I've been dabbling with for a while where Lois is the one struck (along with Superman) by lightening and not WWW.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
There are a few fics where Lois gets SMs powers from being struck at other times. However I have not seen any where it happened her.

That would be an interesting development.

John Pack Lambert
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
There are a few fics where Lois gets SMs powers from being struck at other times. However I have not seen any where it happened here.
Christina, I can highly recommend Sue S's wonderful fic, Flying Lessons , where Lois gets Clark's powers from the red kryptonite laser, but it's set in the second season before she knows that Clark is Superman. It's excellent.

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard