#195192 12/11/12 11:12 AM
X
ximemia Offline OP
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
X
Howdy FoLC!

Next year, in 2013, marks 20 years since the series premier of Lois and Clark.

There has been some discussion around how we can acknowledge this event. Does it feel like we should have another LAFF? ChrisP has said she is just not up to organizing for another year. Since I am in the LA area, I am considering stepping up and trying to coordinate something.

There is just nothing like meeting in person and talking to other FoLC! Everyone is welcome to attend.

Would you be interested in attending LAFF 2013? No commitments yet, but just trying to gauge the level of interest.

Please comment here.

Ximemia

For any newbies reading along here:
LAFF = Los Angeles FoLC Fest
FoLC = Fans of Lois and Clark

#195193 12/11/12 02:11 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi, Xi! smile

As I said on Zoom's board - I wish I could. But if the current IVF cycle works out, then I'll likely be too pregnant to travel at the time we were tossing around in IRC the other night. And if it fails, I won't have the funds to go, paying for new cycles and investigating adoption.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#195194 12/11/12 07:16 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Hey Xi!

I'm (relatively) new here, but I would love to attend! Depends on my schedule of course... but LA isn't too bad for me (supposed to head down in Jan., but again, schedule's still up in the air... huh )

I think so long as we get advanced notice, I could make it. cool

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
#195195 01/25/13 03:35 PM
X
ximemia Offline OP
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
X
I have created a basic website for LAFF 2013 here:

https://sites.google.com/site/laff2013

Please check the "Attendees" list on the website for your nick. If your nick is missing, please let me know.

This site is just something to get the discussion started. What else should be on the website? What other ideas are there for Activities? Which ones are your favorites?

Should we have some keepsakes? Maybe a T-Shirt or a polo shirt? Maybe a DP Mug? How about a LAFF Booklet for attendees?

But what I really need right now, is some more interest in attending. With more people, we have more of a chance to negotiate for group discounts for the hotel rooms, etc. The LAFF fee will be split amoung more FoLC, and thus a lower cost for all. I really want to try and keep the costs down.

Originally, the goal was to find 30 potential Attendees by the end of January. In the hope that more of you will be interested, this is extended to the end of February.

So please reply here or email LAFF2013@gmail.com soon.

Please help us celebrate a great show's 20th anniversary!

Let's make it a "Moment" to remember!

Xi

#195196 01/31/13 01:49 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Ooo! I just saw this! thumbsup

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
#195197 04/06/13 11:00 AM
X
ximemia Offline OP
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
X
All,

It is with deep regret that I make this post:

LAFF 2013 is CANCELLED

With so few FoLC showing interest in attending, it is just not financially viable to have a LAFF this year.

Xi

#195198 04/06/13 11:14 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
frown Sorry you couldn't drum up enough people, Xi. That stinks. Maybe another year we can get more people and I won't be having babies at the same time. wink

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#195199 04/06/13 11:20 AM
X
ximemia Offline OP
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
X
Deadly Chakram,

You did have the best reason to not attend.

Though with early LAFFs, we did have a tradition of pregnant FoLC attending... (I will let someone else tell those stories!)

Xi

#195200 04/06/13 11:39 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by ximemia:
Deadly Chakram,

You did have the best reason to not attend.

Though with early LAFFs, we did have a tradition of pregnant FoLC attending... (I will let someone else tell those stories!)

Xi
rotflol I can imagine! But LAFF would have fallen right around delivery time for me this year. wink

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard