Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Apparently the DC reboot has Clark in love with Wonder Woman, not Lois, starting in the current / next issue (I'm a bid fuzzy on the details).

The only thing that made the comics readable was his determination to stay grounded in humanity, to some extent. What next - forget the Clark Kent part completely?

Morons.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
I saw the cover with Superman and Wonder Woman on the CNN site. Eek. Think the writers are that bored or they just want to stir up fans? Get people talking?

Joan

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I belive this would be the photo that sunk the 52 to teenage hornfest.

[img]https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS7JubosUPyP_c1vcKd5oNcZhnvfJX05z0mG_UUB7ShDbFkoGLpAUU8Re8H[/img]

Also, I personally think it makes Superman look like he has really long hair. razz

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Columnist
Columnist
I've been against the new 52 since the last free comic book day released the sneak peek. Such a disappointment. I heard the news about WW and SM hooking up a few days ago, and it was just the nail in the coffin.

Not cool. frown

This is just as bad as them completely erasing Green Lantern's (from Earth Two) entire life by making him a young gay man instead of a married with children.

* Just so that nobody is offended by that, I'm not against having a gay superhero. I think it's wonderful, but I don't think it's right to just rewrite history for an enterprise that's so massive.

.talk nerdy to me.
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Yeah. I heard about it a couple of days ago and it was infuriating at the time and causing a bit of despair for me as well.

What I despise about that image is that it's a near duplicate of a full page image that was in "Superman: for Tomorrow" of Lois and Clark/Superman embracing and celebrating after being reunited (also by Jim Lee.) The only real difference is that it's Wonder Woman. Basically hinting at a concept that the two of them are interchangeable (something that both Diana and Lois fans would vehemently disagree with.)

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Kerth
Kerth
Personally, I'm quite happy with that development. It's something (almost) new, it's fresh, and it sure strays from the same old, same old. (I also like this pairing, always have.) huh

(Although I'm sure this wouldn't have happened if DC had writers like some of our fanfic authors. If Nan Smith, for instance, had been in charge of writing Lois and Clark as a married couple, they'd still be married.)

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
A bunch of us on mIRC figured it out. Tempus is trying to destroy Utopia, so he took over DC comics as the CEO, and hired Lex to rewrite Clark and Lois' history. Of course, Lex had to write Lois as not being with Clark, because he wants her all to himself.

Tempus - you fiend!

Of course, since super villains are behind the plot, this whole thing is bound to fail...

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Columnist
Columnist
Originally posted by Deadly Chakram:
A bunch of us on mIRC figured it out. Tempus is trying to destroy Utopia, so he took over DC comics as the CEO, and hired Lex to rewrite Clark and Lois' history. Of course, Lex had to write Lois as not being with Clark, because he wants her all to himself.

Tempus - you fiend!

Of course, since super villains are behind the plot, this whole thing is bound to fail...
Makes perfect sense now! Lex can have WW. He can turn her into an equal opponent for Clark lol

.talk nerdy to me.
L
Columnist
Columnist
L
I'd highly recommend reading the "Smallville Season 11" comic for anyone who wants to see Superman adventures with Lois as his romantic interest. In those stories, Lois knows Clark is Superman, and they're engaged. There have been a few good romantic scenes so far, too. You could probably read them and still enjoy it even if you weren't a particuarly big fan of the show or even if you haven't watched it at all.

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Not thrilled about this current turn in the comics, but one muct remember; nothing is permanent in comics, not even death.

In the latest Justice League International comic book the final panels show a confused Booster Gold being shown the clinch with Superman and Wonder Woman and the implication is that this development is an indicator that something is wrong with the 'timeline'.

Also in the Wonder Woman comics right from the begining of the new '52' run it's been implied that Wonder Woman is not in her 'right' timeline.

My guess is that DC is setting up their next 'big event' for next year.

Tank (who takes comfort in the knowledge that we still have this fandom to keep things correct... like Lois with shorter hair)

Blogger
Blogger
I don't think this will go over like they plan .which makes me very happen. Long live Clois

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard