Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#194753 05/04/12 07:39 AM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I, too, agree that an actor's performance can add add all sorts of richness, nuance, and meaning that is not present in the script. I, too, look at the videos when I am referring to more than a line or two from a show in one of my stories. But I still find the scripts extremely useful. For example, if I were to write a story about Lucy, I could easily search the scripts (which I have downloaded onto my home computer) for all instances of her name. That way I would know in which shows the character appears. Having said that, I do agree that a more detailed transcript could prove useful.

Ed Asner DID play Perry White as well, in "All-Star Superman".
Really? Cool! I guess I'm not alone, then, in thinking he would be a good Perry. I'd love to *see* him in the role (as opposed to just hearing his voice), since I think he has Perry's look. (Of course, Lane Smith will always be the "real" Perry to me.)

Joy,
Lynn

#194754 05/05/12 02:34 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
A few detailed transcripts are available. But for the life of me, I'm blanking on where they were hosted in the end.

There was some discussion about it a time back and I did some myself that were posted here on the mbs. I'll have to see if I can find some time over the weekend to track down what we did with them. I know they were gathered together somewhere - quite possibly somewhere here on the mbs.

I have to say that I gave up because although they were fun to do they were quite time consuming and I became concerned that I would damage my brand new LNC DVDs by the constant replaying of minute seconds over and over to get the dialogue right.

ETA: Okay, found them relatively quickly. The TOC for the transcripts can be found stickied to the top of the LNC forum. Oh, and if anyone wants to add to them - more would always be welcome! wink

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#194755 05/12/12 07:40 AM
D
Deb Offline
Blogger
Blogger
D
Originally posted by Lynn S. M.:

I could see John Kapelos ("Schanke" from Forever Knight) playing Ralph.

Joy,
Lynn
Actually, John Kapelos played Lucky Leon (S2, ep.16)...

Deb, coming out of lurkdom

debc on IRC
#194756 05/12/12 11:37 AM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Originally posted by Deb:
Actually, John Kapelos played Lucky Leon (S2, ep.16)...

Deb, coming out of lurkdom
You're right. I had forgotten about that. Thanks for the reminder.

I still think he'd make a good Ralph, though.

Joy,
Lynn

#194757 05/12/12 01:15 PM
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Speaking of Lucy Lawless, wasn't Kevin Sorbo considered for the role of Clark? Maybe that would be a good couple. laugh

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
#194758 05/12/12 01:19 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Anna B. the Greek:
Speaking of Lucy Lawless, wasn't Kevin Sorbo considered for the role of Clark? Maybe that would be a good couple. laugh
Yes, Kevin *was* up for the role of Clark and Hercules at the same time. Although I do enjoy the Xena/Herc pairing, Lucy and Kevin didn't have the same chemistry as Lucy and Kevin (Smith, late NZ actor who played Ares).

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#194759 05/14/12 03:14 PM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I've just watched the first half hour or so of "While You Were Sleeping," and I can't get over how similar Sandra Bullock is in it to Teri Hatcher in both appearance and mannerisms. If Teri couldn't be Lois, I'd go with Sandra.

Joy,
Lynn

#194760 05/14/12 04:48 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Lynn S. M.:
I've just watched the first half hour or so of "While You Were Sleeping," and I can't get over how similar Sandra Bullock is in it to Teri Hatcher in both appearance and mannerisms. If Teri couldn't be Lois, I'd go with Sandra.
Oh, Lynn, I love Sandra, especially in "While you were Sleeping" (one of my favorite movies) but do you really think could pull off nasty Lois? I'd pay money to see her try though. laugh

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#194761 05/15/12 01:02 AM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
but do you really think could pull off nasty Lois?
I don't know. I've never seen Sandra Bullock in anything else before. (Yes, I know, I am out of pop culture.) She reminded me of sweet Lois in the half hour I saw of her last night, but with such a small acting sample, I really don't know what her range of acting abilities is. I had assumed that she could do nasty as well as sweet, but I think you have seen a lot more of her acting than I have.

Joy,
Lynn

#194762 05/15/12 05:36 AM
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
I mentioned her in relation to a theoretical "Home" movie so at the risk of repeating myself...if someone other than Terry Hatcher were to play Lois, I think Morena Baccarin would be a good choice.

Shallowford
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard