Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#194582 01/02/12 03:50 PM
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Has anyone else seen Green Lantern? I'm just watching it now, and I was happily surprised to see Ching from LnC (Also known as Teri Hatcher's exhusband, Jon Tenney)!

Can't get away from the superhero gigs, huh? lol

.talk nerdy to me.
#194583 01/02/12 06:02 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I watched it a few weeks ago. I think it's kinda funny that he's always playing an alien in these superhero movies/shows. laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#194584 01/03/12 05:26 PM
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Originally posted by Deadly Chakram:
I watched it a few weeks ago. I think it's kinda funny that he's always playing an alien in these superhero movies/shows. laugh
Well he was human, but his son turned into the alien. Unless you sit from the alien's point of view then I suppose humans ARE the aliens lol

.talk nerdy to me.
#194585 01/03/12 07:55 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
We watched this on DVD recently and really liked it. I wish it had been a little smidgen less graphic violence wise, because my 4 year old LOVES Green Lantern at the moment. I think the Fear monster would probably have given him nightmares. (Of course, it was the "Doll" he picked out at the toy store :rolleyes: Boys! The grosser the better.)

I'm the superhero fan in the family. My husband is the one who said, "so it Green Lantern in that new Avengers movie?" :rolleyes: No, honey, their green guy is the Incredible Hulk. wink Green Lantern is DC and Justice League.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#194586 01/04/12 05:58 AM
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
I think the Fear monster would probably have given him nightmares. (Of course, it was the "Doll" he picked out at the toy store :rolleyes: Boys! The grosser the better.)
Isn't that always the case with kids? You really never know. If you expose them early, they might react differently. Like my two nieces, Mya and Isabella. Mya's mother shelters her, only friendly/happy cartoons etc. Izzy's mother watches zombie movies with her and takes her to Toronto's zombie walk. Mya is afraid of monsters & Izzy isn't now (both 5 years old). I don't know which is better, but I do know when the zombie apocalypse comes, Mya will be running away/unprepared, and Izzy will be running toward them/beating the snot out of the zonbies. lol

Originally posted by VirginiaR:
My husband is the one who said, "so it Green Lantern in that new Avengers movie?" :rolleyes: No, honey, their green guy is the Incredible Hulk. wink Green Lantern is DC and Justice League.
Haha, husbands! I need to go find one of those for me, so I have someone to watch (ahem, strap to a chair and force to endure), all the superhero movies with me.

.talk nerdy to me.
#194587 01/04/12 07:33 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by MrsLuthor:
Isn't that always the case with kids? You really never know. If you expose them early, they might react differently. Like my two nieces, Mya and Isabella. Mya's mother shelters her, only friendly/happy cartoons etc. Izzy's mother watches zombie movies with her and takes her to Toronto's zombie walk. Mya is afraid of monsters & Izzy isn't now (both 5 years old). I don't know which is better, but I do know when the zombie apocalypse comes, Mya will be running away/unprepared, and Izzy will be running toward them/beating the snot out of the zonbies. lol
So true! My older daughter (almost 7) was terrified by the annimated Green Lantern movie my son got for Christmas (which I would say way more graphic, death wise, except that it was annimated.) My son LOVED it. Actually, my daughter gets scared when ANYONE ever gets hurt in movies, even if they recover at the end. And refuses to watch Star Wars (even now) because Darth Vader is TOO scary. My 4 year old son LOVES SW. huh I guess, I sheltered my daughter too much. (first child syndrome) I'm just hoping she's not going to end up being one of those women you see in movies who don't know how to do anything but stand there and scream. :rolleyes:

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#194588 01/04/12 08:08 AM
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Lol aww! she's going to be the hot girl who runs out into the forest in her underwear... right into the axe murderers secret lair!

You should make her a little handbook with tips like: It's never just the wind, or hiding in the shower isn't smart, if you hear a bump and then see a cat, chances are the cat isn't the CAUSE of the bump but is running FROM the bump...

.talk nerdy to me.
#194589 01/04/12 08:25 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by MrsLuthor:
Lol aww! she's going to be the hot girl who runs out into the forest in her underwear... right into the axe murderers secret lair!

You should make her a little handbook with tips like: It's never just the wind, or hiding in the shower isn't smart, if you hear a bump and then see a cat, chances are the cat isn't the CAUSE of the bump but is running FROM the bump...
Thank for the nightmares! Mine.

VirginiaR.
---
#194590 01/04/12 09:07 AM
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Don't worry, there are so many superheroes, one of them is bound to be within screaming distance!

.talk nerdy to me.

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard