Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#194564 12/31/11 10:17 AM
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
It needs work, but I'm satisfied with it for my first try. Don't ask me to do my right hand though. I've decided it's going to stay plain blue.

[Linked Image]

.talk nerdy to me.
#194565 12/31/11 12:10 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Good job! clap Wow! Nope, nothing like that will ever make it my hands unless a professional does it. I'm lucky if I keep the finger nail polish ON the nail. wink

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#194566 12/31/11 01:47 PM
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Lol i do my nails probably every two or three days cause I pick at them when I'm nervous. Hopefully this will last cause it took me three hours to get it right lol.

.talk nerdy to me.
#194567 01/02/12 06:04 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nice work! clap I actually rarely ever do my nails since I have the nasty habit of biting them...

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#194568 01/02/12 07:19 PM
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Originally posted by Deadly Chakram:
Nice work! clap I actually rarely ever do my nails since I have the nasty habit of biting them...
Haha aww! I used to be a terrible nail biter. I don't know when or how I stopped, but I just don't do it anymore. I guess because I always have something funky going on with them. lol

.talk nerdy to me.
#194569 01/02/12 08:03 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by MrsLuthor:
I used to be a terrible nail biter. I don't know when or how I stopped, but I just don't do it anymore.
I used to bite my nails too, until someone suggested I look at what fingernail scrapings (that would be that stuff under your nails) look like under a microscope and that killed the desire. Trust me, after you see that, you never want to chew your nails again.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#194570 01/02/12 08:27 PM
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
I used to bite my nails too, until someone suggested I look at what fingernail scrapings (that would be that stuff under your nails) look like under a microscope and that killed the desire. Trust me, after you see that, you never want to chew your nails again.
I can only imagine. People rarely wash their hands properly, so I can speculate that there is at least fecal matter and dead skin cells among whatever other goodies are festering in there.

I watched a video in my biology class last term about the microbes that basically feast on your discarded nail clippings.

.talk nerdy to me.
#194571 01/03/12 11:20 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I can only imagine. People rarely wash their hands properly, so I can speculate that there is at least fecal matter and dead skin cells among whatever other goodies are festering in there.

I watched a video in my biology class last term about the microbes that basically feast on your discarded nail clippings.
So, DC, did we set your New Year's resolution, yet? wink

VirginiaR.
---
#194572 01/03/12 12:16 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
[b] I can only imagine. People rarely wash their hands properly, so I can speculate that there is at least fecal matter and dead skin cells among whatever other goodies are festering in there.

So, DC, did we set your New Year's resolution, yet? wink [/b]
laugh You mean trying to lose weight, trying to lower my sugar levels, and trying to get pregnant aren't enough? wink Okay. I will *try* to not bite my nails...at least, cut back on how often. laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#194573 01/03/12 02:03 PM
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Very nice!

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
#194574 01/03/12 02:17 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I'm a lot older than you gals, and probably bit my nails for longer than you have been on this earth. On my 40th birthday, I woke up and wanted a good looking set of nails. So I quit biting all but one nail. It is called my frustration nail. I have a beautiful set of 9 finger nails that look really nice. There is one ragged one that I seem to gravitate toward, but I've even managed to grow it on occasions. Some months I hardly chew on it and other months (like this one) it is down to the quick and very ugly. On my 70th birthday I plan on giving up that last nail so I have a full set of 10 beautifully manicured nails. Worked for me, so worth a try, Vicki.

Pat

#194575 01/03/12 04:14 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by angelsgmaw:
I'm a lot older than you gals, and probably bit my nails for longer than you have been on this earth. On my 40th birthday, I woke up and wanted a good looking set of nails. So I quit biting all but one nail. It is called my frustration nail. I have a beautiful set of 9 finger nails that look really nice. There is one ragged one that I seem to gravitate toward, but I've even managed to grow it on occasions. Some months I hardly chew on it and other months (like this one) it is down to the quick and very ugly. On my 70th birthday I plan on giving up that last nail so I have a full set of 10 beautifully manicured nails. Worked for me, so worth a try, Vicki.

Pat
thumbsup That's awesome!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#194576 01/06/12 06:38 AM
rkn Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Try OPI Axiuum Gel- I don't think you could bite through that unless you had Superman's teeth! This time of year when my nails want to break at the drop of the hat it keeps them a decent length. I adore it!

thanks!

rkn
#194577 01/06/12 12:52 PM
Kerth
Kerth
blush Guilty nail-biter here, too!

I've always chewed my nails. And no matter how many times people tell me the germs and complete and utter grodiness underneath them, after a while, I always end up right back where I started... I stopped for almost 3 years when I wore braces, and then a good while with retainers after that (until I quit wearing them), but even that wasn't enough for me. I still do it when stressed. /currently looking at my nails, only three of them are in quasi-good condition, and that's total/ Unfortunately, looking at my 2012 schedule, I don't think nail biting is on the top of my resolutions list.

Nails look cool, tho! I had to monitor a "beauty salon" with my little cousins a week ago- and let me tell you, it was messy! Yours look good!
wave

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
#194578 01/06/12 02:01 PM
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Mine have only recently recovered fully from wearing acrylic nails in June to my sister's college graduation. Once they start to grow out, I get batty and just remove them... forcefully... lol

I actually have a chunk out of my right baby finger nail from using an precision/utility knife to get under the glue. It was terrible. *Never* again.

.talk nerdy to me.
#194579 01/06/12 03:42 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Mine have only recently recovered fully from wearing acrylic nails in June to my sister's college graduation. Once they start to grow out, I get batty and just remove them... forcefully... lol

I actually have a chunk out of my right baby finger nail from using an precision/utility knife to get under the glue. It was terrible. *Never* again.
/winces/ Ooh, ouch. Yeah, that's not the best way to do it. When I was eight, my finger got caught in the chain links of a swing and half of my finger nail ripped off- it hurt hecka bad! It healed, though, but it took me a long time to grow back. And I can't stand acrylic nails! As pretty as they look and as much as I love the tapping noise they make, they just drive me crazy, too!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
#194580 01/13/12 06:06 PM
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Originally posted by Mouserocks:
[b] Mine have only recently recovered fully from wearing acrylic nails in June to my sister's college graduation. Once they start to grow out, I get batty and just remove them... forcefully... lol

/winces/ Ooh, ouch. Yeah, that's not the best way to do it. When I was eight, my finger got caught in the chain links of a swing and half of my finger nail ripped off- it hurt hecka bad! It healed, though, but it took me a long time to grow back. And I can't stand acrylic nails! As pretty as they look and as much as I love the tapping noise they make, they just drive me crazy, too! [/b]
Yea, I love how pretty they are, but I hate how helpless I feel not being able to pick up change off the table. lol

My first time getting them, I popped one off the very next day playing volley ball :S I should have stopped there lol

Oh, and I actually redid these nails, I like my second try much better.

[Linked Image]

.talk nerdy to me.

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard