Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
FWIW -- I graduated high school in 1986, and I definitely took AP exams. I got 6 college credits (three for English, three for math). Lois could have done the same.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by ChiefPam:
FWIW -- I graduated high school in 1986, and I definitely took AP exams. I got 6 college credits (three for English, three for math). Lois could have done the same.

PJ
OK, everyone else's high school obviously better than mine! <<pout>>

Another solution, besides ignoring Linda, is that Lois took summer school classes at the local college to earn extra credit before going on to Met U. I mean as well as working an internship at the DP. I just can't see Lois lying around sunbathing, taking an actual vacation, hanging out with girlfriends at the mall, or working at the local burger joint during the summer while in high school.

The summer between junior and senior year of high school, I took a Chemistry class at the local University and I was able to use it not only for high school credit, but also college credit. (Those darn college applications required more than one science class even if my high school didn't.)

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Yeah... it has often felt -- to me -- like at certain parts of the series, time DID seem to... well, expand or whatever. It may be completely in my imagination, but here are some parts I'm thinking of...

*End of S1 -- Lois and Lex start dating and get engaged what seems like REALLY quickly. Hmmmm.... was it really only a few months, or was it longer?

*We were never told exactly how long it was between Franklin Stern buying the Planet, and "Madame Ex" when they're all back at work after the "remodel". Was it really four months, like in our time? Less? More? How long does it take to clean up a place that was bombed (destroyed? - but with very few, if any (mentioned) casualties... hmmm) and put it in working order? Good thing Mr. Stern doesn't work for the Government, or it would've taken years to get them back to work! j/k

*We know L&C are all over each other love , but getting engaged in November (1995) and setting the wedding date for February 1996 -- and having Lois's mom STILL be planning the doves and the flowers in January, only a month before the big day? Yeahhh that's a bit strange, even in a world where a man can fly. smile

So yeah, I agree with Nan. We fanfic writers can totally throw the calendar out the window when it comes to the world of L&C.

Molly
Columnist
Columnist
I also see Lois excelling in high school. Maybe she graduated high school at 17, not 18. I know I did. I've two sons whose ages indicate they'll do the same.

Then again... we have so many things that were confusing about the show.

SQD (who just goes with the flow)

S
Columnist
Columnist
S
I graduated in 1982 and AP classes were around then, but there is another possibility that bypasses AP classes completely.

Anyone can take classes at a community college, regardless of age. As a high school student, Lois could have taken enough credits to enable her to complete her university degree in three years and still graduate high school with her classmates.

Actually, I’ve been told that if enough credits are completed at the community college level (32?) then a GED is automatically earned. It wouldn’t be too much of a stretch to say she received a diploma with her class instead of a GED certificate.

Shallowford
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard